Do the cruise lines charge a reboarding fee

A friend was told on the Carnival Legend by one of the entertainment staff, that if she chose to leave the ship at a port and travel overland to the next port of call there is quite a high reboarding fee and all lines charge this fee.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this comment?

A friend was told on the Carnival Legend by one of the entertainment staff, that if she chose to leave the ship at a port and travel overland to the next port of call there is quite a high reboarding fee and all lines charge this fee.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this comment?

I haven't heard of a re-boarding fee, but don't give them any ideas! :)

I'm wondering if it's a ship excursion.....or ...is it the same country she is leaving and coming back too......If not customs may be envolved. ..hence the fee?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I have never heard of a fee to reboard.....but do agree that if Customs or Immigration are involved a fee would be more than likely to be charged as it would set all those procedures in motion.

Also if you chose to leave off your own bat and rejoin the ship at another port the front desk would have to be informed , otherwise when it came for the ship to leave the port and you had not returned , they would have to notify the Authorities of a missing person......and if they were waiting for you there could be a charge when did re board.:eek:

I'm confused :confused: did she mean for the passenger or the Entertainer?

She meant the passenger. I didn't believe they did make a charge or it would have been mentioned as another downside of getting back late and missing the boat!!

I can see the problems for the ships staff though, if someone just decides to travel overland without informing them.

She meant the passenger. I didn't believe they did make a charge or it would have been mentioned as another downside of getting back late and missing the boat!!

I can see the problems for the ships staff though, if someone just decides to travel overland without informing them.

I thought it might also apply if an entertainer had permission.

I know one cruise we had entertainers hop on for just day or two and was told there was fee, because they had to get customs staff in to process them.

This was a group booking that had private entertainers.

I can confirm that is the case as winsor26 has stated. This was on a Princess cruise. I remember it well we got permission with one phone call from our TA but windsor26 had a number of calls etc to get the same permission getting close to pulling hair out over it....lol