Call me Crazy, but....

My thoughts exactly. We've cruised on Carnival 14 times and have never (knock on wood) had a bad cruise. Love it enough that we now do only B2Bs.

We also have never have had a bad Carnival cruise & the cruises have been very relaxing. Our 1st B2B will be on the Vista so we are starting to go in that direction too :D !

We have been on 15 cruises, 11 on Carnival, and feel you get the best cruise for your dollar with them..Princess is a step up from Carnival but you pay more for it. Royal Caribbean just isn't worth the money...We have the most FUN on Carnival....but don't tell anyone this or we won't be able to book the cruises we want.:D

It's nice to hear such positive things about Carnival. I think life is what you make it, everybody gets handed lemons at some point. I say, grab the tequila and salt to go with those lemons! Go into a cruise with a bad attitude, you will have a bad time. Be great-full for the opportunity to be on vacation, be kind and considerate to others, and you can't go wrong.

Edited by Rock_ON!!

I agree completely, hubby and I are not big on social events and cruising lets us choose what we want to do and how much we can do it. Carnival to me is the best value for the money, we have cruised other lines and always come back to Carnival. I don't need to be babysat and I don't complain I think life and cruises are what you make of them, treat people with kindness and you get kindness in return. I love talking to the crew members and finding about the country's they are from, and I always take care of them tipping wise when they go above and beyond call of duty and on Carnival this happens a lot.

I agree, I LOVE LOVE LOVE cruising! And so do my kids! I've been on 14 with Carnival, with #15 coming up next month. Plus 4 on NCL. I have never been bored, never felt like I wanted to go home, may never tire of the hairy chest contest.

Interestingly, I'm going next month with friends who have never been. I didn't realize until I started describing everything to them how many things I really don't like about cruising. Not hate, just don't love. My point being, it doesn't matter that there are many aspects I don't particularly care for, I absolutely love it anyway. I think a lot of cruising is just your mindset and expectations.

I hate the bacon, think the buffet is so so, pools too small for that many people, sometimes get a little sea sick. I love towel animals, comedy shows, feeling pampered, room service at 2AM for FREE, lobster night, the fact that I can order 2 entrees if I want!!! I think that you can really love something without loving every single thing about it. Some people need to remember to focus on the good stuff and let the bad go or adapt to it.

I agree!! My first cruise it rained pretty much the whole time, and we had the strangest table mates (hubs and I still joke about how awkward they were). EVEN with all the rain we had, I still loved every minute of that vacation. I walked off that boat ready to book another cruise!! 3 years (and a now 2year old) later I am now down to 98 days!!! I cant hardly wait I am so excited!!!!

We want to do a Disney cruise at some point, but I dont think that will happen until our little guy is out of daycare.

• 4 weeks later...
I love every single cruise that I have been on with Carnival. Give me a DOD and a sunny spot on the boat and I will have a GREAT time. I can always find something to eat that I love. I can find the good in every employee and in the ship. For $400 dollars, I think I get a FANTASTIC deal. When I read so many complaints, I just smile, knowing I will be the happy girl sitting in a lounger by the Aft Pool enjoying a slice of pizza in 289 days.

I sailed back when we had a lot more extras but, you know what, Carnival is the most affordable vacation you can go on and unless they take away loungers, the pool, and food in general, I will always choose Carnival. :)

I can't wait for my next cruise! haha

I haven't actually been on a Carnival cruise yet (although I have two booked, lol), but I can say that so far, I've experienced such amazing customer service from them. Online they respond extremely quick, and on the phone they are very friendly and helpful. And actually, one of the women I spoke to had to be the nicest customer service rep I've ever talked to. From any company. Seriously. She was obviously Southern, so maybe it's the whole "Southern hospitality" thing, I don't know. But in any case, if they keep this up, I will probably become a loyal customer and stick with their line as opposed to others.

Edited by bakersdozen12

I completely agree!!

I figured out the average, per meal, just based on what we are paying for our rooms.. Yep, 2 balcony rooms and we are figured at $45 per meal. If we went on vacation, we could easily drop $45 or more per meal, three times a day, to feed our family and the kids would require snacks inbetween..

So, for us, it is a great deal!

Nothing negative but I get bored easily so after my 10th with Carnival I branched out. No doubt if I find a good itinerary and price on Carnival I am there. :)

Fair enough!! I won't branch out because I have had amazing cruises and customer service every time and I want to work towards diamond :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why people love to bag on Carnival - I have cruised them 4 times and loved every single cruise! I later tagged along on cruises that others planned and while I loved Mariner of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) and Caribbean Princess and Crown Princess and had a total blast, Carnival is still my favorite cruise line. When my sister told me to choose the cruise - I ran back to Carnival and can't wait to be back!

Honestly though, I don't think I could ever have a bad Cruise - a vacation is what you make of it! And cruises are IMO the best! :D

I have a sister who sails Disney and a brother who sails HAl. Quite honestly DH and I can't afford either, but we have a marvelous time on carnival. For us cruising is a way to escape an otherwise exhausting life at home. Once we walk onto a ship we leave the world behind and are able to reconnect with each other and a slower pace of life. We feel young again going dancing or going down a water slide. We have fun and can't wait to do it again in a 20 short weeks.

I totally agree! We're an easy drive from four Carnival ports, and we simply can't find a similar vacation package for the same price! A week of quality transportation, lodging, food, and entertainment all for one low price keeps us coming back, especially when we can unpack once yet visit three or four different places.

I love every single cruise that I have been on with Carnival. Give me a DOD and a sunny spot on the boat and I will have a GREAT time. I can always find something to eat that I love. I can find the good in every employee and in the ship. For $400 dollars, I think I get a FANTASTIC deal. When I read so many complaints, I just smile, knowing I will be the happy girl sitting in a lounger by the Aft Pool enjoying a slice of pizza in 289 days.

I sailed back when we had a lot more extras but, you know what, Carnival is the most affordable vacation you can go on and unless they take away loungers, the pool, and food in general, I will always choose Carnival. :)

Amen! My first cruise was in 2011. I haven't experienced all of the cut backs that some have, but I would much rather keep the cruise fare low and pay for the other things if I decide to do them instead of jack the price up.

I try to always find the positive in workers everywhere I go. Working in the business administraiton field really makes you open your eyes and see the good on many things.

I don't think you are crazy and I agree with everything but the last statement. I like variety and do different lines. Its impossible for me to only choose one line. Heck if price is the factor , Carnival isn't always the cheapest. I had a great cruise on the Ruby Princess for about $80 less than Carnival and I went on the NCL Getaway on a balcony for under $500. Same week on Carnival it was only a few bucks cheaper so I decided to try something new.

FWIW I have no problem with Carnival. I am booked on the Splendor for next November and next summer we are dong a European river cruise.

I don't have a favorite cruise-line, I like all the ones I have sailed. I have favorite cruises. CCL Imagination 4 day was probably my favorite followed by NCL Getaway 7 day. Of course nothing compares to my first cruise on the Commodore MS Caribe and I sailed Chandris which was a budget line before it became Celebrity and those were good too.

Hedk the Weekend night Discovery and Sea Escape vomit cruises were a blast.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

Next year we are going on our 10th cruise. I have one sister who has cruised and the other 3 sisters have not due to finances. But they would love to after seeing all our pictures. Because we are able to cruise and they are not, they consider us lucky because we can go. Do we complain when we go? No. Am I going to complain that someone makes my bed everyday? No, because I have to do that at home. Am I going to complain that someone comes and serves me dinner every night and then cleans up and does the dishes? No, because I have to do that at home. Am I going to complain that someone comes in and cleans my room everyday? No because I have to do that at home.

Yes we are very lucky and very blessed to be able to go on cruises. For the life of me I can't understand how people can walk around with that black cloud over their head and look for the negative in everything by complaining about something. People who display that positive attitude are much more fun to be around and bring out the life in other people as well.

Next year we are going on our 10th cruise. I have one sister who has cruised and the other 3 sisters have not due to finances. But they would love to after seeing all our pictures. Because we are able to cruise and they are not, they consider us lucky because we can go. Do we complain when we go? No. Am I going to complain that someone makes my bed everyday? No, because I have to do that at home. Am I going to complain that someone comes and serves me dinner every night and then cleans up and does the dishes? No, because I have to do that at home. Am I going to complain that someone comes in and cleans my room everyday? No because I have to do that at home.

Yes we are very lucky and very blessed to be able to go on cruises. For the life of me I can't understand how people can walk around with that black cloud over their head and look for the negative in everything by complaining about something. People who display that positive attitude are much more fun to be around and bring out the life in other people as well.

Amen :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true!

I've always said that a cruise is what you make of it. we've done 15 Carnival cruises and 15 on other lines, have #16 on Carnival already booked, I have found great things about each and every one. What's not to like, someone makes your bed (even leaves a little animal on it), cleans your bathroom and cooks all the food you could possible eat and takes you to amazing places. Relax and enjoy!!