Call me Crazy, but....

I love every single cruise that I have been on with Carnival. Give me a DOD and a sunny spot on the boat and I will have a GREAT time. I can always find something to eat that I love. I can find the good in every employee and in the ship. For $400 dollars, I think I get a FANTASTIC deal. When I read so many complaints, I just smile, knowing I will be the happy girl sitting in a lounger by the Aft Pool enjoying a slice of pizza in 289 days.

I sailed back when we had a lot more extras but, you know what, Carnival is the most affordable vacation you can go on and unless they take away loungers, the pool, and food in general, I will always choose Carnival. :)

Edited by PurdueChefAmber

I agree 100%! If, or when we ever decide we want something more elaborate and are willing to pay more, then there are other cruise lines to book. For now, as long as we have food, a bed, sunshine, and friendly crew, we are happy cruisers and absolutely love the price tag on Carnival!!

100% agree... But in fairness to others....This is their 1st cruise and they may have preconceived expectations of grandeur and glamour.... Also this is a vacation of lifetime to others ...while some, like me, choose cruising as a yearly regular vacation and understand the the lows and highs and won't sweat the small stuff!!

I feel exactly the same way. Can't beat the value for a family of 5. I make the best out of every situation. I love waking up in a different place every day. I love that there's always something to eat even for the pickiest children and best of all, I didn't have to cook any of it...lol...I've been on 6 carnival cruises (have another scheduled in Oct) and one Disney cruise and I can say I've enjoyed the heck out of every single one. No one has ever gone hungry. I've always found something to do. I've never had an issue with a crew member. I can't believe I have to wait 211 days to do it again.

I love every single cruise that I have been on with Carnival. Give me a DOD and a sunny spot on the boat and I will have a GREAT time. I can always find something to eat that I love. I can find the good in every employee and in the ship. For $400 dollars, I think I get a FANTASTIC deal. When I read so many complaints, I just smile, knowing I will be the happy girl sitting in a lounger by the Aft Pool enjoying a slice of pizza in 289 days.

I sailed back when we had a lot more extras but, you know what, Carnival is the most affordable vacation you can go on and unless they take away loungers, the pool, and food in general, I will always choose Carnival. :)

I couldn't agree with you more! It is what you make of it!

I agree 10,000%!! I love all my Carnial Cruses too, and after 10, I can't wait to go again in September. I go with a positive attitude and have a blast each time I sail on a Carnival Ship, plus I've met some awesome friends on several sailings who I still call a friend to date.

I agree totally. I am not saying that Carnival is perfect, but it is perfect for me and my family. Sure there are things that pop up that do not go as planned, or people not as friendly as you may like, but taken as a whole, we have always had a great time and keep coming back. I am sure other cruise lines are fine, but for my family right now (1 in high school and 1 in college), Carnival is a great deal since money is tight, so my wife and I are very happy when we sail with Carnival.

I've been on 3 cruises and for the life of me I can't think back and say anything negative. I loved every one of them and can't wait for the next one in a month. Traveling is magical to me and to be blessed with having the money and physical body to do it, well, I'm just a very lucky person.

I've been on 3 cruises and for the life of me I can't think back and say anything negative. I loved every one of them and can't wait for the next one in a month. Traveling is magical to me and to be blessed with having the money and physical body to do it, well, I'm just a very lucky person.

So true. Even if there was a long line for embark, before I could purchase FTTF, even if our room was not ready when we boarded, the lines at the lido buffet were long, the seas were rough, the chair hogs were out, a port was missed, the announcements over the PA system, the person at the table next to us in the MDR was wearing jeans, none of that is what we remember about our trips, none of that makes the scrapbooks or photo albums... We just remember the firsts we have on the trips, the wonder of the ship, the ports of call, the fact that we are on vacation as a family, making memories for us and the next generation....

Here here! I consider it a privilege and a blessing to be able to travel. And to do things with my own children that my parents weren't able to do with us. Complain about petty things?? Not me. Will never happen. I have nothing against other cruise lines and think choices are a good thing. But Carnival works hands down for us in every way. I'm not turned off by the negativity and snark on here. If you can sift through it, MOST of the folks are helpful and you can glean some great advice. Subscribing here certainly has made me a better cruiser. And Carnival totally rocks! Cruise on!

What a wonderful post!

I haven't tried Carnival yet, but we plan to soon. And we are very excited to try this line, as we've read so many great things about it here on cc.

You know..... we feel the same on NCL, which is the line we've been cruising on. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY on ALL of our cruises with them. I just am so tickled to be on a cruise, that it would take something really horrible to even give a thought to being unhappy about anything.

I really can't get over all of the posts I see here on cc where people complain and nit-pic over things that I consider silly to complain about. But, that's just me ....... HAPPY TO BE CRUISING!!!!! YES!

Anyway, thanks for posting a POSITIVE thought on cruising!! Love it!!!

My thoughts exactly. We've cruised on Carnival 14 times and have never (knock on wood) had a bad cruise. Love it enough that we now do only B2Bs.

My thoughts exactly. We've cruised on Carnival 14 times and have never (knock on wood) had a bad cruise. Love it enough that we now do only B2Bs.

How fun! I cannot wait until we can do B2B's! I have about 35 years until retirement and can't take two weeks off back to back at my job. haha I will surely be Diamond by then and living the life :)

I agree! We have only done 2 cruises and have another scheduled for this October. We have loved Carnival and the prices. My parents are in their 70's and they enjoy Carnival too. And I will tell you that my mother is one of those who prefers to shop high end for clothing, furniture, etc. She has loved Carnival.

It always cracks me up when people truly complain and ask for compensation for a ship that is rocking. There are a few others but that one really gets me laughing.

I am really easy to please but once in a while you do hear of really bad things happening (Triumph), still though I would just be one that would try to make the BEST out of everything.

:D