Beverage package

JACKHAWK

First time on Oceania. How do you order a package before the cruise?

You can ask your TA or call Oceania

I do not see a way to book it online ...maybe someone knows if it can be done there

Edited by LHT28

Which is another reason for waiting. But the liquor package is not like wanting to make sure you have reservations for dinner or a tour. Oceania is happy to take your money for the package!

The only reason I could see to book ahead is because you want to start the package as soon as you board ... and I don't think that is necessary either. I'm sure that if you had a beer or glass of wine with your lunch upon boarding, and purchased the package later in the afternoon, they would credit you.

Mura

I have been considering the package also but don't won't it for the whole cruise and certainly not for embarkation and disembarkation days - so only 10 out of the 12. I wonder if that is doable?

I have been considering the package also but don't won't it for the whole cruise and certainly not for embarkation and disembarkation days - so only 10 out of the 12. I wonder if that is doable?

No, you need to start it up and you can't pick the days you want. I think they stop selling it a few days into the cruise.

Ronrick, I think that isn't quite right. Bear in mind that we've never taken the package.

But my understanding is that you have until Day 3 to order it. (This might differ depending on the length of the cruise.) But once you've ordered it, is for the duration.

That being said, I believe that I saw recently where someone cancelled it towards the end of the cruise. I didn't think you could do that.

Mura

P.S. to the OP: I doubt that the package is valid for the day you leave the ship since that is almost always early in the morning. But you might want to have it the last night of the cruise ...

Edited by Mura

I noticed on our last 16 day on Marina (Sydney to Auckland last month) they were advertising the beverage package in currents well into the cruise (I recall seeing at around day 8 or 9). Not sure if that means you could still purchase it that far into the cruise, but one would wonder why they'd advertise it if not?

That's a good question. Technically, that's not supposed to be possible.

So I can only think that not enough people on the cruise had bought the package, and it certainly is a good revenue source for O.

But it's just a guess. We haven't seen such "encouragement" on our recent cruises.

Mura

On our TA from Barcelona to Miami this past November the Beverage Package was offered every day including the final day in Currents.

We purchased before embarkation so it didn't effect us, but we found it interesting to still be available on day 14!

No, you need to start it up and you can't pick the days you want. I think they stop selling it a few days into the cruise.

I noticed on our last 16 day on Marina (Sydney to Auckland last month) they were advertising the beverage package in currents well into the cruise (I recall seeing at around day 8 or 9). Not sure if that means you could still purchase it that far into the cruise, but one would wonder why they'd advertise it if not?

This is one of those situations where there is a policy and then there is what actually happens on the ship. My personal experience last summer on Riviera is that I purchased the package on day 7 of a 10 day cruise.

There is no charge for disembarkation day.

I'm sure that if someone cancelled it after starting it then it was a special situation. Generally once started you have it for the rest of the cruise.

Which is another reason for waiting. But the liquor package is not like wanting to make sure you have reservations for dinner or a tour. Oceania is happy to take your money for the package!

The only reason I could see to book ahead is because you want to start the package as soon as you board ... and I don't think that is necessary either. I'm sure that if you had a beer or glass of wine with your lunch upon boarding, and purchased the package later in the afternoon, they would credit you.

Mura

Just as you embark there will be a table set up in the atrium area. You set up your plan then you go to registration to have your card embossed with BIB which signifies your pkg. on our last cruise the plan was open for 3-4 days, maybe this has changed.

Just as you embark there will be a table set up in the atrium area. You set up your plan then you go to registration to have your card embossed with BIB which signifies your pkg. on our last cruise the plan was open for 3-4 days, maybe this has changed.

We either purchased before going, or at embarkation. Although I don't know the actual meaning of BIB, DH refers to it a Booze In Bulk:D:D

We either purchased before going, or at embarkation. Although I don't know the actual meaning of BIB, DH refers to it a Booze In Bulk:D:D

BIA - Beverage Included, plan A (Beer and wine with meals)

BIB - Beverage Included, plan B (wine by the glass plus anything on bar menu, anytime)

Like that :D.

So the general opinion is – to buy on board.

We have 2 sea days and some busy days so it would be nice to break it up a bit.

The idea of sitting balcony or pool side during the day with a cocktail or 2 , aperitifs at the cocktail hour, wine over dinner, followed by digestifs sounds so very appealing and I think the premium package may work well (apart from the fact I wouldn't be able to get out of bed the next day).

But on a fully loaded, activity day when you are tired and all you need is a couple of glasses of wine/dinner/ bed – it doesn’t work so well.

I will definitely wait until on board to see what they can offer me.

Bev

BIA - Beverage Included' date=' plan A (Beer and wine with meals)

BIB - Beverage Included, plan B (wine by the glass plus anything on bar menu, anytime)[/quote']

Does anybody know the current cost?

Thank you! I could not find that on the website. Too expensive for us. We don't drink that much.

We pay as we go also

I take some wine for the cabin but we are not drinkers

Maybe 1 drink a day & that is pushing it LOL

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

I have heard of various taxes added when departing from BCN.

If you purchase your beverage package prior to the cruise - do you avoid these taxes on your drinks?

Yes, but you wouldn't be able to use your OBC for it.

It is not charged in every port, and many times the taxes are more related to VAT, which can be complicated. I believe on one trip I was on if you purchased the drink package at sea there was no additional charge, but if you bought goods from the gift shops the VAT was added.