WOW Sale

Royal Caribbean is running a WOW Sale starting TODAY! It runs for 5 days only (March 21-25).

The sale includes:

* Onboard Credit ($50/$100/$200~depending on length of cruise)

* 50% Off Second Guest

* 50% Off 2nd Premium Beverage Package

* 50% off 3rd & 4th Guest.

Royal Caribbean is running a WOW Sale starting TODAY! It runs for 5 days only (March 21-25).

The sale includes:

* Onboard Credit ($50/$100/$200~depending on length of cruise)

* 50% Off Second Guest

* 50% Off 2nd Premium Beverage Package

* 50% off 3rd & 4th Guest.

What are they selling the word WOW? :) :D :confused: ADD a thousand Dollars to what you paid last cruise,and you bought the word Wow. :)

I booked a cruise on Wednesday of last week. After the WOW sale started I looked at booking the same cruise again to see what the price would be and I would have to pay more now and by the time I got the on-board credit it would be about the same if not slightly higher.

This is a marketing gimmick. Called yesterday and they offered me NOTHING. We booked a month ago for a cruise this Fall. It wasn't worth the time wasted for the phone call. Synopsis of my "offer" is as below:

Rep: Well, I will have to rebook your trip. Looks like I will have to charge you $50 more for the cruise. But you will get $50 OBC!!! (She said this cheerily, as though I was some kind of fiscal nincompoop.)

Me: So, what you are saying is that I will pay you $50 more for the cruise (cash added to balance now) and later on, I will get $50 OBC?

Re: That's right!

Me: Been awhile since I took an accounting course but it seems to me that your offer winds up being NOTHING. In fact, it's worse because RCI wants money up-front and then will "return" it to me as OBC.

Rep: Yes, that's what it is. That's all I can offer you.

Me: Well it's nothing. You are offering me nothing!

What would really be WOW is if they released the schedule for the rest of 2016-17 and THEN did a WOW sale that offered benefits for 2016-17 cruises .... nothing worth looking at for me until the schedule rolls forward, so not only are the prices sketchy but the inventory is limited anyway !

I booked a cruise on Wednesday of last week. After the WOW sale started I looked at booking the same cruise again to see what the price would be and I would have to pay more now and by the time I got the on-board credit it would be about the same if not slightly higher.

Maybe the WOW means, "Thanks goodness I booked back then!" :D

It's all about bottom line for me. What is the "bottom line" on the price of the cruise after all discounts, BOGO's, OBC's, etc.

I booked Oasis for the entire family. 3 cabins, 11 people (my retirement cruise). I was very happy with the "bottom line." I always book through my TA, but since I found this Saturday, I went ahead and booked then transfer to her. Now I know why I use my TA. She is great, and is more than welcome to all the hassles.

First, put hold on 3 cabins. My name was primary in all 3. Called RCCL and had names corrected and deposits made, and I could split my wife and I to take advantage of D+ balcony discount. When the tried to apply the discount to my wife, it wouldn't apply. So the guy said "I can only get the discount for the cabin with 3 people, I can't get it for the other cabin because there are 4 people in it." I knew that was pretty stupid, so I figured, just book the cruise and call C & A and have them fix it. No problem, turns out you can't get OBC combined with C & A Discount so the Discount wouldn't apply. So I had to decide between $250 discount or $100 OBC. No Brainer. Except the Rep kept asking which I wanted. So I said "lets see, I can pay $250 more and get $100 OBC, or save $250 and lose $100 OBC." She said "yes, which would you like?" I said "well, guess I'll go with the $250 discount." She was very nice and just doing her job. Sigh.

Then the Deposit is reduced by 50%. But they charged me full deposit on one cabin, and 50% deposit on the other 2. Decided I wouldn't bother worrying about that.

Yesterday we decided we all wanted the BOGOHO Beverage Package. So I tried to purchase on line. No luck. Called RCCL and they added for my son who was in the only cabin that was not using a C & A Discount. No problem, package added. So today I called to add to my cabin and my wife's cabin. Knowing the obvious, I pulled up the "Terms and Conditions" for the WOW sale. It clearly stated that the BOGOHO Beverage Package was combinable with C & A Discounts. So I called. Yup.... you guessed it... Rep said that they'd either have to remove the $250 Discount or charge full fare and take $250 off. Well the latter was the dumbest offer I've ever heard. But I quoted the Terms and Conditions. But she stood fast initially, and I said "but I'm looking at the Terms and Conditions as we speak and here is what it says" and I quoted it to her. "I need to put you on hold and will be right back." Finally came back and she agreed with what I was telling her. She WAS very nice throughout.

Then I tried to transfer to my TA. Website said "booking number doesn't exist." Except it did in My Cruises. Called them again. They couldn't figure it out so they just took the Transfer Info and are transferring the bookings. She WAS very nice.

So..... I will NEVER book directly again! This is EXACTLY why I use my TA. She is fantastic, and can deal with all these headaches.

Saga over. Sorry for ranting. I have a new found appreciation for those who have problems with RCCL. But I will say, they are all VERY NICE.

The "sales" are a joke. Base prices were raised to compensate for the sale prices. They also do it when booking more than two in a cabin so that they can offset the discounted third and fourth guests.

I did a mock booking for two where the average per person was $1,351 pp in a balcony. Booking the exact same cabin with a third and fourth guest (children who don't eat as much as an adult) results in an average price of $1,378 pp despite the "discounted" 2nd, 3rd, and 4th guest rates.

Royal is a joke... here is a mock booking...what a practice they use.

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $1,319.00 $1,319.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $59.01 $59.01

Onboard Credit $50.00 $50.00

Discount: $0.00 ($660.00)

Per Person Total: $1,378.01 $718.01

Yet on their website while booking, its says

Balcony

$966.5 - $1,004 USD

So how does a published price of a balcony of $1004 maximum jump to 1319.00 per passenger? Exactly

Anzore, if I'm not mistaken, the price up front totals 1st & 2nd, minus discount and divided by two. $1319 x 2 = $2638 minus $660 discount is $1978, divided by 2 is $989 pp. Taxes and fees not included.

That's the math, although I think it's misleading when you first search for a cruise and see that initial price. Part of why so many have complained about the BOGO sale, they already discounted the rate upfront, but you don't know that initially.

Hope you find something that meets your needs.

The "sales" are a joke. Base prices were raised to compensate for the sale prices. They also do it when booking more than two in a cabin so that they can offset the discounted third and fourth guests.

I did a mock booking for two where the average per person was $1,351 pp in a balcony. Booking the exact same cabin with a third and fourth guest (children who don't eat as much as an adult) results in an average price of $1,378 pp despite the "discounted" 2nd, 3rd, and 4th guest rates.

Was it a 2016 sailing? I just mock booked an inside cabin, came to $1,500 for 2, $2,500 for 4. Granted, it was a bit cheaper to book before the "sale".

Granted, for those who booked a cruise a while ago and got a great price, this WOW Sale would not be a deal at all. But, for those of us who are just starting to look at and book cruises for next year, this WOW sale is good deal. Maybe not great, but good. As you know, cruises continue to increase in price as the time gets closer. Yes, sometimes you get lucky and they drop in price before final payment. If that happens, you can usually get the price of your cruise adjusted. I'm happy for all those who booked early and got great prices and bonuses...and I'm happy for those of us who didn't have the opportunity, for whatever reason, to book early and can now take advantage of this deal and save some money.

I, personally, am happy to be going on an 11-Night Cruise for right around $3,000 with gratuities included for the 3 of us; plus a $200 OBC. And, even happier for those of you who got an earlier and better deal. No complaints here. Can't wait to be cruising the Caribbean!! :)

We booked a cruise out of SJ. With the 1/2 off of one fare, 1/2 off the premium pkg, plus $100 OBC, this cruise is cheaper than any cruise we've done so far and the two we have booked. And this reservation is for a JS, previous cruises were balconies.

I think it really depends on the date(s) and the ship. Anyway, we were able to take advantage of it.

We booked a cruise out of SJ. With the 1/2 off of one fare, 1/2 off the premium pkg, plus $100 OBC, this cruise is cheaper than any cruise we've done so far and the two we have booked. And this reservation is for a JS, previous cruises were balconies.

I think it really depends on the date(s) and the ship. Anyway, we were able to take advantage of it.

Glad to hear! It worked out well for me also. Enjoy your cruise!

Well I know that I am in the minority here, but I actually saved $520 this past Saturday on the latest sale. Granted, I had to switch to a balcony Guarantee for 3, but for us, it was still worth it. I was not able to get the OBC Offer, as I was told that it could not be combined with Balcony Discount.

We were looking at Allure's TA and the night before the "sale" the price went up $150 Cdn pp. :(

So I guess we wait for the website to say, "No active sale, prices inflated"? :confused:

Maybe the reverse is true too! ;)

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Well I know that I am in the minority here, but I actually saved $520 this past Saturday on the latest sale. Granted, I had to switch to a balcony Guarantee for 3, but for us, it was still worth it. I was not able to get the OBC Offer, as I was told that it could not be combined with Balcony Discount.

You are most likely part of the "silent majority".

We got a great deal during this sale - just yesterday booking a Southern Caribbean cruise. Having sailed on the same ship and most of the same itinerary before twice....we pulled our previous and current pricing for comparison and know for a fact this is the lowest pricing of the 3 trips on the same ship and similar routes (2009, 2013, and now 2016).

Cruise Sales have gems for those willing to take the time to do the homework. Not every cruise is a terrific deal, but there are plenty that have deals.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001