Good Friday Services on Ruby Princess

CU64

Here is what it says about religious services in the FAQ

"We respect our guests' religious beliefs and invite them to practice on their own or with their fellow guests. Guests who wish to lead religious services may volunteer by contacting the Guest Services desk or a member of the Cruise Staff. In some cases, our shipboard staff will lead services. However, Princess Cruises does not place clergy on board our vessels."

There probably will be a passenger or crew led non denominational service. A service may also be led by a Minister or Priest if they are on board as a passengers. Princess no longer brings clergy on board during religious holidays.

The Christmas Day Service on the Golden Princess last Christmas was lead by the Cruise Director wearing reindeer ears. Heaven only knows what she would be wearing if she was to do a Good Friday Service. To say the least we were not impressed. We were not even satisfied she knew what Christmas was actually about.:)

Here is what it says about religious services in the FAQ

"We respect our guests' religious beliefs and invite them to practice on their own or with their fellow guests. Guests who wish to lead religious services may volunteer by contacting the Guest Services desk or a member of the Cruise Staff. In some cases, our shipboard staff will lead services. However, Princess Cruises does not place clergy on board our vessels."

There probably will be a passenger or crew led non denominational service. A service may also be led by a Minister or Priest if they are on board as a passengers. Princess no longer brings clergy on board during religious holidays.

That is a change since Christmas 2012 when the FAQs still said there would be a priest on board. Thank you for pointing that out; I was unaware there had been an official, though unheralded change in policy.

The Christmas Day Service on the Golden Princess last Christmas was lead by the Cruise Director wearing reindeer ears. Heaven only knows what she would be wearing if she was to do a Good Friday Service. To say the least we were not impressed. We were not even satisfied she knew what Christmas was actually about.:)

We were also on this cruise and had I known that they would accept lay volunteers I am quite certain I could have done a better job and conveyed more of the solemnity the occasion deserved.

FOR THE OP:

If you are going to be in port, especially in Ensenada, I expect that all of the local churches will be having mass and would be more than pleased to have you join them.

We were also on this cruise and had I known that they would accept lay volunteers I am quite certain I could have done a better job and conveyed more of the solemnity the occasion deserved.

FOR THE OP:

If you are going to be in port, especially in Ensenada, I expect that all of the local churches will be having mass and would be more than pleased to have you join them.

this may be the best option

It’s been my joy, whilst a passenger, to conduct interdenominational Sunday worship and Bible studies on various cruise lines.

If you’re a minister or preacher of any Christian denomination then I would encourage you to volunteer.

I have sometimes been asked to produce a letter of good standing from my church officials as back up to integrity .

I normally construct a power point display of hymns and music, which the cruise lines technicians readily hook up for me. If you feel called to help out in this way then you should contact the cruise director ASAP upon boarding. By the way you may be fortunate on your cruise to have Lee Childers as cruise director, a sincere Christian.

Every blessing and enjoy your cruise to the full.