Beverage Package/Picking Up for Someone Else

CanadianDee

I'm asking because I ran into this on another cruiseline. My husband was resting in our stateroom (wonderful day on the beach and bad sunscreen:sun exposure ratio), so I took his card to the nearest bar to pick up a drink (soda) for him. I had to talk the 'tender into giving me a drink for him on his card.

So. On Celebrity, if I take his card to the bar to get a drink for him would they refuse service?

On a stictly objective level, I get it if they don't. Just curious.

I'm asking because I ran into this on another cruiseline. My husband was resting in our stateroom (wonderful day on the beach and bad sunscreen:sun exposure ratio), so I took his card to the nearest bar to pick up a drink (soda) for him. I had to talk the 'tender into giving me a drink for him on his card.

So. On Celebrity, if I take his card to the bar to get a drink for him would they refuse service?

On a stictly objective level, I get it if they don't. Just curious.

Maybe on this other cruise... the server/bartender was concerned that, with you being a woman and the name on the card was a for a man, that maybe you were trying to get a drink for yourself using your husbands card. Obviously I am just speculating since nobody knows the details outside of you and the bartender...

Anyway, it shouldn't be a problem for you to go to a bar, taking both your card and his, and pick up two drinks.

If you have questions on how a beverage package works on Celebrity, here is a great thread to read and learn from.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2167294&highlight=beverage+package

Enjoy your cruise.

I think there would be more issues taking someone else's card alone, than if you took both your card and his (presuming you both have packages) to get drinks. They have no way of knowing you are not abusing the drink package if you show only one card that is not yours. I know we have brought both cards, but bringing only one would likely be an issue.

If you are just picking up one drink, use your own card (assuming you also have the same package.) There is no quota so it doesn't count against you in any way. I wouldn't do this if you were walking a short distance and handing the drink to him, in full view of the bartender, but you said he was in the cabin. However, if you are trying to pick up a drink that you would not be entitled to, that might be an issue because it looks like you may be getting a drink for yourself that you should not have without paying for it. Luckily, the above scenario doesn't come up too often. You can certainly bring your card and his and pick up 2 drinks, that is done all the time, even if he is nowhere in sight.

On the Equinox last Nov when 4-5-6 of us were sitting by the pool or some such, we never had a problem with one person taking all the cards and bringing them back. Well except for the one time I was a tad wobbly and tipped a few over on the tray!

You will be fine.

EW

On the Equinox last Nov when 4-5-6 of us were sitting by the pool or some such, we never had a problem with one person taking all the cards and bringing them back. Well except for the one time I was a tad wobbly and tipped a few over on the tray!

You will be fine.

EW

Thanks for the visual that made me chuckle. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

You won't be able to take his card to get him a drink. They would look at it like you didn't have a drink package and were trying to scam the system and getting drinks for yourself.

Why didn't you use your drink card to get his drink? It's different if you take both your cards with you to get drinks, but taking a card that isn't yours to get drinks just won't work.

You won't be able to take his card to get him a drink. They would look at it like you didn't have a drink package and were trying to scam the system and getting drinks for yourself.

Right, that's the scenario I'm sure the bartender was imagining, and I get that. On that particular cruise, he had only a soda card and I didn't have a card at all (I don't drink soda, and was paying for alcoholic drinks per drink as opposed to purchasing the package).

This time with Celebrity we both will have beverage cards (sorry, I should've been clearer about that) and I just wondered if I would have any problem picking up two drinks with two cards, even though the other cardholder wasn't there.

Edited by CanadianDee

You will be fine.

EW

LOL. It's true. Wobbly pops will make you wobbly.

Right, that's the scenario I'm sure the bartender was imagining, and I get that. On that particular cruise, he had only a soda card and I didn't have a card at all (I don't drink soda, and was paying for alcoholic drinks per drink as opposed to purchasing the package).

This time with Celebrity we both will have beverage cards (sorry, I should've been clearer about that) and I just wondered if I would have any problem picking up two drinks with two cards, even though the other cardholder wasn't there.

You will no problem. I have done it too many times to count as we like to enjoy cocktails on our balcony.

Thanks for the extra info, it makes things a lot clearer. No problem at all going to the bar with both cards and getting 2 drinks, I have done it myself many times.

if I am getting a drink for both of us naturally I take both cards. If it is just for my wife and that is very rare I use my card to avoid being questioned for using her card but I guess if I was questioned I could show my card as proof that I have the package.

Many times I may want 2 for myself so I take both cards. Why would I want 2? Think of a beer and a shot, or one on the rocks and a can of ginger ale and etc. without them being mixed.

drink up 🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹

if I am getting a drink for both of us naturally I take both cards. If it is just for my wife and that is very rare I use my card to avoid being questioned for using her card but I guess if I was questioned I could show my card as proof that I have the package.

Many times I may want 2 for myself so I take both cards. Why would I want 2? Think of a beer and a shot, or one on the rocks and a can of ginger ale and etc. without them being mixed.

drink up

This is more along the lines of what I plan to do. But why stop at two? Sometimes I want 5 or 6. Like a bucket of beer....which is about the number I can drink in the time it takes for my wife to get ready for dinner ;). And I know that getting 5 or 6 at a time with only 2 cards isn't going to happen. That's one thing I wish they could change about the unlimited package. I've always enjoyed being able to get a bucket of beer to enjoy by the pool or while sitting in a nice spot outside before dinner. Edited by Schaefer Light

This is more along the lines of what I plan to do. But why stop at two? Sometimes I want 5 or 6. Like a bucket of beer....which is about the number I can drink in the time it takes for my wife to get ready for dinner ;). And I know that getting 5 or 6 at a time with only 2 cards isn't going to happen. That's one thing I wish they could change about the unlimited package. I've always enjoyed being able to get a bucket of beer to enjoy by the pool or while sitting in a nice spot outside before dinner.

One way to stock up is to grab two beers, using both cards, every time you pass a bar on the way back to your cabin and ask them to leave the caps on. If you pass two bars you will have 4 beers.

drink up 🍺🍻

This is more along the lines of what I plan to do. But why stop at two? Sometimes I want 5 or 6. Like a bucket of beer....which is about the number I can drink in the time it takes for my wife to get ready for dinner ;). And I know that getting 5 or 6 at a time with only 2 cards isn't going to happen. That's one thing I wish they could change about the unlimited package. I've always enjoyed being able to get a bucket of beer to enjoy by the pool or while sitting in a nice spot outside before dinner.

Wow! And I thought our 7 pages of charges from last year were a lot!:rolleyes::D

Sorry, I cant get it right side up!

image.jpg.21b85b5c1532e0f9c0dd07ef8fc28073.jpg

Edited by wallie5446

wallie. Been bugging me for a while. How do you post photos here?

I can't do the full pg pics like the cool kids do, only the thumb nails

When you finish a post at the bottom will be 'Manage Attachments.

Click it and up pops the box to choose