Princess 50th anniversary celebration

lauren0309

Just read that this is Princess' 50th anniversary year. Lots of stuff going on if your cruising in 2015. Free tote bags in each room, special menus, love boat disco party, special 50th anniversary deserts, lots of giveaways. I picked a good year to sail! :D

Spot-on -- I picked the right year too! I saw these announcements three weeks ago when I thought about a cruise (which we did subsequently book for the Summer). There appear to be a number of little celebration events they're doing for that (worthy) anniversary -- Princess has a dedicated page for them if anybody would care to peruse. I'm not sure though about the disco parties (although if they have booze onboard I might be cajoled into participating).... But since my license plate is "CHCOHLC," you KNOW I'm going to especially enjoy their "Chocolate Journeys." Yumm-O!! :)

Did you book directly with Princess? If so I would call back. If you booked with a travel agent I would call them back too. From what I have read you should not lose that OBC as it is a promotion going on all 2015. See this link:

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/celebrate-50/#.VWTGFEttcfE

I agree. You should get that $50 no matter when you book or rebook as long as you sail in the right month.

I booked a Princess cruise...have not sailed with them for many years. We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary in October and it is the month we are sailing. They gave us the special $50 OBC. Now the price of our cruise went down and they say if we want the new price we lose the OBC. That seems pretty cheap, especially since the cruise is 28 days long. In my memory everything was so nice when we sailed with Princess and I am now disappointed before I even get on the ship...come on $50 over 28 days is nothing...It is just the idea that it was such a nice token for us for our 50 years.

Did you book directly with Princess? If so I would call back. If you booked with a travel agent I would call them back too. From what I have read you should not lose that OBC as it is a promotion going on all 2015. See this link:

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/celebrate-50/#.VWTGFEttcfE

Here are the conditions for the 50th anniversary or 50th birthday promotion & if qualified it's valid on all 2015 departures:

Passengers' 50th birthday must be within the same calendar month that the voyage sails. If the voyage departs in one month and returns in another, a 50th birthday in either month within 2015 will qualify. Only one shipboard credit (OBC) per qualifying passenger in the stateroom. Passengers in any berth within the cabin are eligible. Guests should be prepared to provide verification by way of identification upon request. Limit one per passenger.

Anniversary must be within the same calendar month that the voyage sails. If the voyage departs in one month and returns in another, an anniversary in either month within 2015 will qualify. Only one $50 OBC per qualifying couple in the stateroom ($25 per person). Passengers must be 65 or over to be eligible. Guests should be prepared to provide verification of marriage certificate upon request. Limit one per couple.

For those passengers turning 50 or celebrating a 50th anniversary in 2015, but not traveling during the month of their milestone, a secondary offer is available: a bottle of wine valued at $20. Customer service or onboard teams may offer to passengers celebrating 50 in 2015 who do not qualify for the Shipboard credit offer.

Offer valid December 10, 2014 (12:00 am PST) – December 31, 2015 (11:59 pm PST) on all 2015 departures.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Someone in our party will be turning 50 while on our future cruise. Do they need to do something, other than filing out the passenger booking information with their age, to get the promotional credit?

I wouldn't "assume" anything & would suggest calling Princess to confirm it and also at the Passenger Services Desk on the ship...maybe even print a copy of the promotion's details.

Someone in our party will be turning 50 while on our future cruise. Do they need to do something, other than filing out the passenger booking information with their age, to get the promotional credit?

Instead of checking with Princess, just go ahead and send the birth certificate and a really fuzzy copy of a govt. ID to me. I'll take care of everything. Cheers!! :D

Are they doing 50th anniversary ship celebrations on ships that only sail for three or four nights .

If so what type of celebrations on the ship? Is the free tore bag nicer than the usual one they set out @ night for excursions?

Are they doing 50th anniversary ship celebrations on ships that only sail for three or four nights .

If so what type of celebrations on the ship? Is the free tore bag nicer than the usual one they set out @ night for excursions?

In early January on a 3 day cruise from LA on the Crown they only had the 50th Anniversary menu on the "dress to impress" (the short cruises version of a "formal" night) evening & the Seawitch IPA brew.

We use our Princess tote bags in the grocery store as we can no longer get the plastic grocery bags and the stores charge a dime for a paper bag. They work great except for our 50th anniversary bag which tore apart the first time we used it for groceries. So much for a "special" bag.

Instead of checking with Princess, just go ahead and send the birth certificate and a really fuzzy copy of a govt. ID to me. I'll take care of everything. Cheers!! :D

Princess knows your birthdate as it is part of the passport information you enter.

Just need to make sure in advance of the cruise that Princess has set up the OBC. Contact your TA (or Princess if booked directly) to make sure it is set up.

We use our Princess tote bags in the grocery store as we can no longer get the plastic grocery bags and the stores charge a dime for a paper bag. They work great except for our 50th anniversary bag which tore apart the first time we used it for groceries. So much for a "special" bag.

Thrak,

Three cruises earlier this year on the 50th Anniversary Year and no special 50th Anniversary Tote Bags for me! :eek: I feel left out!!! Or maybe not (?) after reading your account! :D

We have the Plastic Bag Ban down here too! I am going to put some of my Princess bags in the car as backups for when I forget to put my reusable grocery bags back into the car thanks to your posting!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Thrak,

Three cruises earlier this year on the 50th Anniversary Year and no special 50th Anniversary Tote Bags for me! :eek: I feel left out!!! Or maybe not (?) after reading your account! :D

We have the Plastic Bag Ban down here too! I am going to put some of my Princess bags in the car as backups for when I forget to put my reusable grocery bags back into the car thanks to your posting!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

I did a B2B2B on the Coral last month and this and I had to ask for the bag on the first segment and was given none on the second or third (I took one bag from the cart). Both were 50th anniversary bags.

Edited by Wehwalt

I wouldn't "assume" anything & would suggest calling Princess to confirm it and also at the Passenger Services Desk on the ship...maybe even print a copy of the promotion's details.

Touche.

Hahaha will do ;)

Princess knows your birthdate as it is part of the passport information you enter.

Just need to make sure in advance of the cruise that Princess has set up the OBC. Contact your TA (or Princess if booked directly) to make sure it is set up.

We actually also have a 50th anniversary in our party (several generations on this trip) and another 50th birthday from earlier this year (apparently that warrants a bottle of wine with this promotion) so I guess the call will be worth it. Thanks for the heads up.

I saw my first SF Giants baseball game -- quite the experience for a young boy and now long-lifetime fan -- when I was 8 in 1965, exactly 50 years ago this July (when I cruise). Since the promotion only mentioned birthdays and unspecified "anniversaries," I saw no reason why it wouldn't apply to the anniversary of my inaugural experience (unless Webster changed his definition). I even have the "verification" they ask for -- my ticket! But curses, the fine print also said you must be at least 65.... Ha - just trying to think out of the box... ;)

I saw my first SF Giants baseball game -- quite the experience for a young boy and now long-lifetime fan -- when I was 8 in 1965, exactly 50 years ago this July (when I cruise). Since the promotion only mentioned birthdays and unspecified "anniversaries," I saw no reason why it wouldn't apply to the anniversary of my inaugural experience (unless Webster changed his definition). I even have the "verification" they ask for -- my ticket! But curses, the fine print also said you must be at least 65.... Ha - just trying to think out of the box... ;)

I'm still a bit fascinated by the age requirement for the anniversary ... it would knock Romeo and Juliet right out of the box for their 50th! Juliet was 13.

Edited by Wehwalt