Princess 50th anniversary celebration

lauren0309

• 1 month later...

Sounds like Princesses gifts are a bit underwelming.

funny, I've been cruising for the last couple years at least once if not twice and never knew that bags were given to passengers in their staterooms. Is that only with a suite?

Sounds like Princesses gifts are a bit underwelming.

funny, I've been cruising for the last couple years at least once if not twice and never knew that bags were given to passengers in their staterooms. Is that only with a suite?

Every cabin. Full suites get a higher quality bag.

We booked Jan. 3, 2015 for a Princess cruise this year. There was a 50th anniversary promotion going on, and we received $100 OBC for our balcony cabin and a free meal for two in a specialty restaurant. However, I think the promo was only for a limited time. So, yes, there are/were some special gifts being given in honor of Princess' 50th Anniversary.

On the Coral Princess any blue bags seem very hard to come by. I had to request one from my stateroom steward. I advised someone to do the same, they were not able to get one. Odd. It is the 50th logo though. No souvenir shooter at the wine tasting btw. Not complaining just informing. Very happy to be here.

Edited by Wehwalt

Check with your TA or Princess about the promotion dates for receiving the $50 OBC or bottle of wine if you celebrate either your 50th birthday or 50th anniversary while you are cruising during 2015. My email for this promotion states that it is good through December 31, 2015. I received the $50 OBC for celebrating our 50th anniversary in January and so far have a bottle of wine added for three upcoming cruises in Oct and Nov.

Thanks so much for posting this, I had $50 OBC added to my 50th Birthday cruise 😀

Check with your TA or Princess about the promotion dates for receiving the $50 OBC or bottle of wine if you celebrate either your 50th birthday or 50th anniversary while you are cruising during 2015.

How much does it suck that I am turning 49 this year? Oh yeah, $50 worth. Missed it by >< this much. :(

Edited by sherryf

On the Coral Princess any blue bags seem very hard to come by. I had to request one from my stateroom steward. I advised someone to do the same, they were not able to get one. Odd. It is the 50th logo though. No souvenir shooter at the wine tasting btw. Not complaining just informing. Very happy to be here.

You would have thought there would be a special glass for this year. :(

Well, any year is a good one. I have been on three cruises in 2015 so far (one long and two short) and the hoopla is exaggerated IMO. I haven't been on any of the Caribbean ones where they have the local menus, but I have had the one 50th anniversary menu three times and have yet to be impressed. The only give away I saw was the balloon drop, but I heard the prizes were not worth the trouble (discount in the gift shop, etc.) There is 50th decoration all over the place, which is nice. If there was a disco party, I guess I missed it. The blue tote bag you always get has the 50th logo on it. As with everything else, I think the degree of celebration varies with the cruise director. I have three more booked for 2015 (can you go to Mexico too often?) including the big 50th anniversary cruise in December, so Princess has more chances to impress me. You will have a great time, I'm sure, but I hope you aren't disappointed in the 50th anniversary stuff.

We sailed to Hawaii in January and saw very little of the 50th celebration. A collection of hats, bags and other stuff in the shop, but little else. We thought they would be interested in our story, where we met on the Dawn Princess during their 25th anniversary and are still sailing (Elite level) on their 50th, but no one seemed to care.

The chocolate truffles are wonderful!! And the chocolate wine flight was fun and different. Love all the chocolate for the 50th anniversary! The decorations were elegant and the Disco Deck Party was so much fun!! Best turn out I have seen on a deck party. Also the dancers came out and danced on the deck above the pool - great show! Before the party they had Love Boat Trivia over the 50 years on the big screen. Can't believe people aren't seeing the differences? Some came out in Feb though. They are even offering different things onboard like steel drum classes which were great! The chocolate desserts (Norman Love they have been talking about) are very good. Have fun as I would like to cruise again this year as it was so much fun and so sweet! LOL :p

For anyone that has to watch their sugar intake are very many choices?

Not specially for the 50th Anniversary. Just the usual sugar-free items in the dining rooms, buffets and the IC.

The new menu had other items - retro meals from over the 50 years that looked really good! Tried the "Street Food" offering the first night as an appetizer and it was very good. Have fun and enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

I booked a Princess cruise...have not sailed with them for many years. We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary in October and it is the month we are sailing. They gave us the special $50 OBC. Now the price of our cruise went down and they say if we want the new price we lose the OBC. That seems pretty cheap, especially since the cruise is 28 days long. In my memory everything was so nice when we sailed with Princess and I am now disappointed before I even get on the ship...come on $50 over 28 days is nothing...It is just the idea that it was such a nice token for us for our 50 years.

I booked a Princess cruise...have not sailed with them for many years. We are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary in October and it is the month we are sailing. They gave us the special $50 OBC. Now the price of our cruise went down and they say if we want the new price we lose the OBC. That seems pretty cheap, especially since the cruise is 28 days long. In my memory everything was so nice when we sailed with Princess and I am now disappointed before I even get on the ship...come on $50 over 28 days is nothing...It is just the idea that it was such a nice token for us for our 50 years.

Did you book directly with Princess? If so I would call back. If you booked with a travel agent I would call them back too. From what I have read you should not lose that OBC as it is a promotion going on all 2015. See this link:

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/celebrate-50/#.VWTGFEttcfE