Anyone ever been asked permission by RC to film stateroom?

Has anyone ever been asked for permission for a crew to come into your stateroom and film for future advertising? We received an email from the concierge this week for next weeks Oasis sailing (3/28), we are in stateroom 11330. Hoping if we participate, RC provides some compensation for having to be out of the room for a few hours. Just wondering what this process might entail.

Edited by kpaylor

That seems really odd to me. It seems that turnaround day would be the most likely time to film a commercial for a multitude of reasons. Can't offer you any experience with this, never heard of anything like this.

Maybe they plan to film something going on in the aqua theater during the week and really just want the use of your balcony? That's about the only thing I can come up with for them to request the use of an occupied cabin for filming. I doubt they offer compensation other than a bottle of wine/champagne.

Has anyone ever been asked for permission for a crew to come into your stateroom and film for future advertising? We received an email from the concierge this week for next weeks Oasis sailing (3/28), we are in stateroom 11330. Hoping if we participate, RC provides some compensation for having to be out of the room for a few hours. Just wondering what this process might entail.

Never had this happen but I would just email the concierge back asking for details.

Perhaps because I think it is the new GS they created after Dry Dock and they are not exactly like the other GS on Oasis.

There has been chatter and Photos on the Main Board about it.

Only 1 sink? we had 2 on IOS and other things were not the same as the other GS on Oasis.

You can search and maybe find that thread........http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132617&highlight=11330

Edited by CVU

Is there anything unique about your room?

With almost 3,000 cabins onboard, why yours?

Yes, it is a fairly unique cabin. Kind of a cross between a Grand Suite and an Aqua Suite. Actually they are reclassifying these six new cabins as Aqua Suites as of May of 2016. 11330 and 11730 are the two largest of these six new suites. The balcony sizes get smaller as you go up to decks 12 and 14.

• 2 weeks later...

...not only was ther no compensation, they wanted to 'take over' the cabin for a few hours in the afternoon.

Sorry, that is my afternoon snooze time :O)

I said the morning would be OK but that was not 'convinient' for them.

Definitely would call RCCL to confirm validity of email and not by the phone number ( if indicated) in the email.

They would probably be clueless at RCI for any number of reasons but the main one being they really don't know what's being planned on any ship at any given time.