Shame on you rcl

This age restriction is something that would potentially impact a customer's cabin selection and overall purchase decision. This is absolutely something that should be disclosed and made clear up front. And when a customer tells a CSR that one of the pax is 5-y/o, and they are reserving a cabin w/pullman beds, failure to do so is obviously poor customer service and reeks of deception.

I refuse to believe this is lost on the powers-that-be at RCI.

Totally agree, RCL should have said something at the time of booking, and since they didn't, they should just change the cabin.

This is an informational board. Post something and people will respond. Just because they don't back your position doesn't make them a cheerleader or nasty. You can't start a thread here and not expect different views being expressed. There has been no name calling or anything out of line or the mods would have deep sixed the thread. If anything the original poster was out of line with the title of the thread. If he really wanted to just inform people about the 6 year old limitation on the Pullmans, why not Age Restriction on Pullman Beds?

IF I were the OP and when I contacted RCI the first time and they helped me to come to a suitable solution for my family, I am sure that would have been a title that came to my mind....I suspect that the lack of support from RCI is what causes the grief that makes the title of the thread meaningful to the OP...From the posts I have read, the OP was venting because his families vacation is not on track to go the way he would like (the option for he and his spouse to sleep together!) and many believe that is the fault of RCI.

Those disagreeing with the OP for believing that RCI Should notify guests of this restriction are not the ones that make this thread inflammatory, it's those that suggest it's a money/cabin grab for free or that the OPs feelings don't matter or that the OP should have researched this rule ahead of time (it's not on the RCI website?) and therefore doesn't deserve support.

Good Luck OP - hope you get a resolution you are content with.

[emoji480]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an informational board. Post something and people will respond. Just because they don't back your position doesn't make them a cheerleader or nasty. You can't start a thread here and not expect different views being expressed. There has been no name calling or anything out of line or the mods would have deep sixed the thread. If anything the original poster was out of line with the title of the thread. If he really wanted to just inform people about the 6 year old limitation on the Pullmans, why not Age Restriction on Pullman Beds?

My multi-quote isn't working. I do think the OP got lots of good ideas of how to "solve" the problem. However, the comments (page 2) of "grow up" and this being a "ridiculous" complaint, in addition to the above emoji you might not find as being "nasty", but I feel is over the top.

I'm sure those kind of comments also put the OP on the defensive which just added to their anger.

And do I understand you correctly, the OP should expect different viewpoints, but those who have criticized the OP for HER(?) viewpoint shouldn't be challenged?

They didnt offer me this option..they didnt offer me an upsell or anything else..i asked to send me their resolution department email or a supervisors email and they havent sent me a reply after that..still waiting..very slow response from them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've found the emails are pretty much a waste of time with Royal. Only a phone call will resolve this.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off a 12 night cruise on Radiance and we looked all over the Pullman beds for a sticker mentioning an age limit and couldn't find one. There was a sticker on both beds that said the max weight though. (I took a photo but haven't loaded all our photos onto my computer yet). Our room attendant asked our daughter if she wanted to sleep on a Pullman bed and she excitedly answered "yes!". Well that sealed the deal for her. She then told other staff she intended to sleep up there and not one of them said that she shouldn't. They all seemed happy for her to do so. We made sure the rail was up and I always checked on her a few times during the night and she was fine. We were still aware of the risks but decided it was minimal. There was a greater chance of her getting hurt during daytime activities than falling out of her bed and onto ours. We had a great cruise. I hope the OP did too.

Rcl sent me an email that stated that its forbidden!!!that steward is not authorised to make the pullman bed for someone under 6 years old..i have this written by rcl..its not proposal

Dude, just get your kid a fake ID that says he's six to flash to the steward...maybe slip him a sawbuck as you ask him if "Everything's cool with us, right?

They'll never guess he's 5 1/2!

There are going to be good reps and there will be poor reps with RCL or a TA. This holds true in every profession. Personally I have been fortunate to have never had an issue with an RCL rep, but maybe I have just been lucky.

As for the pullman; if statistics show that a child under the age of six is more likely to be injured sleeping on one then of course this action will be flagged. It boils down to a liability concern. If a child under age six does get hurt then RCL can better protect themselves from a lawsuit.

Personally I would prefer to risk having my five-year old child fall from the pullman onto the main bed than my husband, especially after he has had two entrees in the dining room and drinks that evening. :0

Lastly, when my baby (now 25) was four we took a four-night cruise on a different line. I have no idea if their were age restrictions, but he slept in the pullman without a problem. And he was in it a lot since he became ill on the way to the ship and we spent a lot of that cruise trying to get him well. Lived on room service that weekend.