Shame on you rcl

I never said that i wanted a free upgrade...i just told you the facts..all you royal caribbean cheerleaders can not understand that my problem is that a huge restriction that was involved on my booking was never passed to me during the booking process and that i found out via cruise critic about this problem..if you rcl fans call that a top notch customer service then i have to tell you that ive cruised with ncl disney celebrity hal carnival and never ever i had any problem like this before

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't say I consider this a huge restriction especially since they don't do bed checks! Do you have a link to where you learned this information please?

What idiot would not realize that the intent was to have the kid sleep on the bunk bed. I had that figured out before I got to the problem. Any reasonable person would have mentioned, "Are you aware that children under the age of six are not allowed to use the Pullman bed?"

Then, why when the issue became clear, why didn't the RCI rep say, let me see if I can find out an OV with a pull out sofa?

This is one of the reasons it is better to use a professional TA then to depend on the cruise line reps.

Other cruise lines don't have this same restriction, so you cannot fault the OP if the information is not provided. This is clearly Royal Caribbean's fault.

this. How could the rep NOT infer the kid is to sleep in the Pullman? It's a family. He knows the names, ages, etc. Sure, OP can put the kid in the Pullman. But, you know what? If he falls out or gets hurt RCCL's lawyers will be all over that age restriction. If I were RCCL's attorney I would cite that as my first affirmative defense to any injury claim. You can bet on that all day. This is a legal issue as well as a customer service issue. Maybe people aren't seeing it that way. I do.

OP should have been advised of the restriction ESPECIALLY if it's not on their website. Can anyone here say they would actually INTEND to go on a cruise with their wife/husband and child and PLAN on one spouse sleeping in the Pullman while the child sleeps in the bed with the other spouse? If you say yes, I have a bridge to sell you. (It's in Brooklyn).

Edited by robflys

So you are admitting that your child being in the pullman could put your child at risk and you are upset that RCI has a rule that tries to protect your child? If you don't think it is a risk then let your child sleep there. No one is going to do a bed check.

Great point. If you thought your child was at risk sleeping in a Pullman bed, why did you book a room that had your child sleeping in a Pullman bed?

I never said it would be a risk for my child i said that i was infored just yesterday from rcl that i would be FORBIDDEN to put him on the pullman bed and that i was never informed about that during booking...how difficult is for you guys to understand that..if its forbidden for me to do that then i assume that its not safe for my kid because if it was safe it would not be forbidden..judt like on disney where the rails are way higher and its PERMITTED.thats my point

N

I never said it would be a risk for my child i said that i was infored just yesterday from rcl that i would be FORBIDDEN to put him on the pullman bed and that i was never informed about that during booking...how difficult is for you guys to understand that..if its forbidden for me to do that then i assume that its not safe for my kid because if it was safe it would not be forbidden..judt like on disney where the rails are way higher and its PERMITTED.thats my point

why would royal say you were forbidden when it's a suggestion not a rule therefore it's a case of being misinformed U are not forbidden at all.

I would have made the same mistake. My kids have been on two cruises on Disney and have been sleeping in Pullman beds since three years old. There is no possibility of them falling out of them on Disney because of the rails. How are they setup on rccl ships? We are doing out rccl for future cruises and won't have the kids on our first cruise. It scares me there have been reports of them falling into a bed below. If they fall head first that could have serious health consequences even if it was just a foot or two.

Anyone have close ups of the Pullman beds on rccl and what the railing looks like?

Bob posted a good picture (post 8) on this thread. Set up can change but they are normally over the main bed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040111

I researched my room before booking..i saw that my kid would be on a pullman bed and that was fine with me...now that they told me that its forbidden for him and only after learning about that on cruisecritic and not by them while booking i say that i would have changed rooms while booking...this restriction is NOWHERE stated on rcl website.they are misleading.its far too OBVIOUS that i want to share the bed with my wife..if nothing else changes on my booking i will definitely share the bed with my son as well since his safety is very important for me..i just feel that i was misled by rcl and that this is no good commercial practice on their behalf.i am going to complain as much as possible about this and maybe reach as high as possible on their management ladder..because i believe thats wrong from them..they just care filling up berths getting money thats no way good customer service ob their behalf

I don't mean to make assumptions, but you stated that you had "cruised before." You knew it was a Pullman bed. I assume you also knew, since you cruised before, that it would drop out of the ceiling. I assume that you also know that it will be above your bed. I assume that you also knew that there would be a ladder to get in and a rail to keep someone from falling out. I assume that since you knew all this and booked, that you have no problem letting your 5 year old sleep in a bed that comes out of the ceiling, needs a ladder to get into, is above your bed, and has a rail to keep the child from falling out. If that is the case, then just do it. I suspect that RCCL puts the age restriction on these for legal purposes. Yes, if your kid jumps out and lands on the floor and breaks his leg, RCCL will deny any responsibility.

Me, I'd just put the kid in the Pullman, knowing that I am doing it on my own responsibility.

If you google "royal caribbean pullman beds" you'll see lots of pictures. If it gets so rough that he might fall up, sit up in bed and bring him down. He'll be right above your heads. Easy access.

Seriously, assuming your kid is like my 5 year old grandson, he'll be just fine. Stop making a huge issue out of a nothing issue.

As for an earlier comment by a poster about "complaining about re-filling water bottles," that is a to keep from spreading illness around the ship. Quite a difference than letting your child sleep in a pullman bed in your own cabin. Don't be so silly.

Edited by papaflamingo

Families do this every day. If it IS a rule like you are saying, it isn't enforced. You are the one contacting people to look up whether or not it is a policy. You are getting yourself worked up and in a tizzy over relatively nothing. Hopefully they just do what you want and move your room :rolleyes:.

Papaflamingo you are silly because you just dont get to the point..the point is that it is FORVIDDEN by r to do this...so this means that it SHOULD BE STATED on the website and if it was stated i would have never booked this room period..i am so tired of people judging me all day about my post telling me names and being just plain rude..i will continue this with rcl and not you anymore..i am just glad that there are going to be s lot of people reading this thread and being informed about this restriction which will help them when they book in the future..an other poster stated that i am looking for a free upgrade..i paid more than 3000usd just for the airline tickets to come all the way from europe for this..i dont care if i had to pay even 500 or 1000 to upgrade but that was not the point from the beginning..

Papaflamingo you are silly because you just dont get to the point..the point is that it is FORVIDDEN by r to do this...so this means that it SHOULD BE STATED on the website and if it was stated i would have never booked this room period..i am so tired of people judging me all day about my post telling me names and being just plain rude..i will continue this with rcl and not you anymore..i am just glad that there are going to be s lot of people reading this thread and being informed about this restriction which will help them when they book in the future..an other poster stated that i am looking for a free upgrade..i paid more than 3000usd just for the airline tickets to come all the way from europe for this..i dont care if i had to pay even 500 or 1000 to upgrade but that was not the point from the beginning..

where did you ever see that it was forbidden? So what if it is. No one is going to slap your hand if you child sleeps there. In your judgement, it's ether safe or it's not.

OP....I agree that RCI should have told you when you booked the cabin. They apparently did not until you were past the cancellation date. You have cruised many times before and it seems like you have Pullman bed experience so your child shouldn't have any problems sleeping in it. Whether he does will be your call and I understand RCI forbid it. Sleeping on the couch or putting the mattress on the floor sound like good alternative solutions if you cannot change cabins. If I were you I would stop reading the posts on this thread and start looking forward to your cruise! Don't let this issue ruin the cruise or stress you out. Start thinking about VACATION!!!!!!!!!!! :D

OP....I agree that RCI should have told you when you booked the cabin. They apparently did not until you were past the cancellation date. You have cruised many times before and it seems like you have Pullman bed experience so your child shouldn't have any problems sleeping in it. Whether he does will be your call and I understand RCI forbid it. Sleeping on the couch or putting the mattress on the floor sound like good alternative solutions if you cannot change cabins. If I were you I would stop reading the posts on this thread and start looking forward to your cruise! Don't let this issue ruin the cruise or stress you out. Start thinking about VACATION!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What this person said.....

I intentionally book cabins for pullman beds. Unfortunately the Grandeur fire has changed all the policies around them so new ships aren't getting them unless the cabin fits it in a different manner. I find them far more comfortable than the sofa bed. They are also often on the balcony side so being higher up I actually can lay in bed in the morning and see right over the rail. It's actually the best bed in the cabin when it comes to having a view. I still try to get a cabin with both options if possible just in case, but have never had to fall back on a sofa bed if the pullman was available. I have in more than one case wished for the other way when the pullman wasn't though.

How would they know who sleeps on which bed? If you are fine with your child on the Pullman just let them sleep there regardless of what they say. Am I missing something?

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess Royal has to do this for liability in case of an injury. This is why everything comes with a warning label on it now !

How would they know who sleeps on which bed? If you are fine with your child on the Pullman just let them sleep there regardless of what they say. Am I missing something?

I assume OP cares about the safety of his child...

So what you are saying is if the OP felt that a Pullman was unsafe then she should not have booked this type of cabin in the first place.