Shame on you rcl

I agree with the OP on this one.

I have cruised before with young kids in a Pullman on disney. If I didn't see pictures I wouldn't know that they have less railing than Disney. The room steward also put pillows on the head and foot to make a barrier and there was a wall on one end and a heavy curtain on the other to hold everything in place.

With that in mind I understand that he booked assuming that there was no restriction in place since there isn't clear info on the website. Then later he saw something that indicated that his child was too young for the Pullman. That prompted him to contact RCCL. Then on that contact he was told it was forbidden for his child to sleep in the Pullman.

I have seen many here where it was stated that it was forbidden. He already stated that it was rccl via his contact that said it was forbidden. Now that he cannot cancel rccl isn't helping him find a room that is appropriate for him. They want either him or his wife to sleep in the Pullman. This isn't acceptable in my eyes as my kids constantly kick me in the back all night. They need their own bed.

Rccl should help him find another room even at a minimal cost increase. If that didn't work I would have my kid sleep on the floor and would never sail with them again.

The tone in here is as if the OP asked if he/she could wear shorts to the MDR on Formal night. . . . geesh :rolleyes:

What's wrong with that? I do it all the time on formal night and I smoke cigars at my table. My table mates are in swim suits (their towels are still on their loungers) and they have never objected. Why should my behavior affect how others enjoy their meals?

Sorry, but this thread is starting to sound about like this.

I never said it would be a risk for my child i said that i was infored just yesterday from rcl that i would be FORBIDDEN to put him on the pullman bed and that i was never informed about that during booking...how difficult is for you guys to understand that..if its forbidden for me to do that then i assume that its not safe for my kid because if it was safe it would not be forbidden..judt like on disney where the rails are way higher and its PERMITTED.thats my point

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LMAO @ Forbidden... :p

thou shall not put your child in the bed smh

They recommend 6, does not mean you can't put your 5 yr old in the pullman bed. And really if you are sooo concerned, then change cabins and upgrade

build a bridge and get over it.. next

So the OP is the "bad guy" because he wants to follow the "rules" as told to him by RCL? Do I have that right?

How many of those criticizing the OP also complain when people wear shorts in the MDR? "RCL tells you 'no shorts', you should listen to them!"

Can anyone here say they would actually INTEND to go on a cruise with their wife/husband and child and PLAN on one spouse sleeping in the Pullman while the child sleeps in the bed with the other spouse? If you say yes, I have a bridge to sell you. (It's in Brooklyn).

Is the entire bridge is in Brooklyn, or just one end of it? :confused:

Edited by Cuizer2

So the OP is the "bad guy" because he wants to follow the "rules" as told to him by RCL? Do I have that right?

How many of those criticizing the OP also complain when people wear shorts in the MDR? "RCL tells you 'no shorts', you should listen to them!"

Did you ask the OP if they wear shorts to the dining room? Maybe they do. :D

I am so disatisfied with rcl at this time..i booked months ago through them not using a ta for an oceanview room.during the booking process i stated my kids age being 5.then months passed and i found out via cruise critic(never via rcl) that my kid can not use the pullman on the cabin and that one of the adults must use the pullman instead..when i found that i emailed rcl and told them that i can not accept that.i dont want to sleep on a pullman bed and neither does my wife..i told them at the time of booking there was never stated that there would be this restriction.as well as that there was nothing written on the rcl site about this..then their reply was sorry but sleep on the pullman yourself...its my first rcl cruise and probable my last..i feel tgey mislead me and their reply was totally unacceptable..if i was outside cancellation period then i would have cancelled and never ever book again with them...i didnt pay so much money just to sleep on a pullman bed..thats not WOW RCL that totally RIDICULOUS

Ok so here's my 2 cents. Royal has to do this for liability purposes. Put your 5 year old in the Pullman and chill out. If he falls, you can't sue, but quit freaking out over something so minor. Have a good vacation and let your kid sleep where you want.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

This is the part that confuses me sooooo much - i am sure that there are dozens of threads on this board discussing how the rules MUST be followed .... And some of those same people are here saying the should be broken....its very hypocritical.

The picture clearly shows that it DOES NOT say 'Not recommended for children under 6'....its says its not allowed..which is consistent with the feedback the OP is getting...

What's wrong with that? I do it all the time on formal night and I smoke cigars at my table. My table mates are in swim suits (their towels are still on their loungers) and they have never objected.

You are not the only one who does this.

Oh for crying out loud, grow up already! Sorry, I don't usually get name-cally on threads here, but this "rant" is absolutely ridiculous.

The OP was PERFECTLY FINE with their 5yo sleeping on the Pullman when they originally made the reservation, but NOW they have a problem with it????

And don't give me that "it's not safe if they hit rough seas" baloney -- a small child is NOT going to be thrown out of a Pullman bed unless the ship turns over like the Concordia, plain and simple. At that point, it's not going to matter who was sleeping on which bed -- you'll all be underwater and swimming for the door.

This is simply sour grapes on the part of the OP -- they want something for nothing, at least that's my opinion. The only reason that the cut-off for sleeping in the Pullman is 6yo is because some pencil-pusher in the Risk Management department of the cruise line's insurance company chose that number.

THERE IS NOTHING MAGICAL ABOUT THE AGE OF SIX! :rolleyes:

I know kids who can sleep safely in a Pullman at age three, and I know kids whose judgment I wouldn't trust to not do something stupid (like jump out instead of using the ladder) at age twelve. The age of six is nothing more than a number.

And before anyone asks, my own son slept in the Pullman at age three and age four (two different cruises on two different lines) -- he loved his "special bunk bed"!

And the room was set up such that the Pullman was above the double bed anyway, so if he did intentionally make himself fall out of bed (the only way he was going to "fall out" -- there is a railing on those things, you know!), he would have landed on the double bed right underneath him.

OP, just grow up. If your kid is afraid to sleep in a Pullman, you shouldn't have booked one. If you're afraid to have your kid sleep in a Pullman, you shouldn't have booked one. Otherwise, put your kid wherever you want (the kid can even sleep on the floor -- kids can and will sleep anywhere, with or without a sheet / blanket / pillow!) and simply enjoy your cruise!

Exactly!

She's the bad guy because she's acting like she's too good to sleep in it herself.

oh for crying out loud, grow up already! Sorry, i don't usually get name-cally on threads here, but this "rant" is absolutely ridiculous.

The op was perfectly fine with their 5yo sleeping on the pullman when they originally made the reservation, but now they have a problem with it????

And don't give me that "it's not safe if they hit rough seas" baloney -- a small child is not going to be thrown out of a pullman bed unless the ship turns over like the concordia, plain and simple. At that point, it's not going to matter who was sleeping on which bed -- you'll all be underwater and swimming for the door.

This is simply sour grapes on the part of the op -- they want something for nothing, at least that's my opinion. The only reason that the cut-off for sleeping in the pullman is 6yo is because some pencil-pusher in the risk management department of the cruise line's insurance company chose that number.

There is nothing magical about the age of six! :rolleyes:

I know kids who can sleep safely in a pullman at age three, and i know kids whose judgment i wouldn't trust to not do something stupid (like jump out instead of using the ladder) at age twelve. The age of six is nothing more than a number.

And before anyone asks, my own son slept in the pullman at age three and age four (two different cruises on two different lines) -- he loved his "special bunk bed"!

And the room was set up such that the pullman was above the double bed anyway, so if he did intentionally make himself fall out of bed (the only way he was going to "fall out" -- there is a railing on those things, you know!), he would have landed on the double bed right underneath him.

Op, just grow up. If your kid is afraid to sleep in a pullman, you shouldn't have booked one. If you're afraid to have your kid sleep in a pullman, you shouldn't have booked one. Otherwise, put your kid wherever you want (the kid can even sleep on the floor -- kids can and will sleep anywhere, with or without a sheet / blanket / pillow!) and simply enjoy your cruise!

What he / she said!!

Edited by clean1owner

I agree with the OP on this one.

I have cruised before with young kids in a Pullman on disney. If I didn't see pictures I wouldn't know that they have less railing than Disney. The room steward also put pillows on the head and foot to make a barrier and there was a wall on one end and a heavy curtain on the other to hold everything in place.

With that in mind I understand that he booked assuming that there was no restriction in place since there isn't clear info on the website. Then later he saw something that indicated that his child was too young for the Pullman. That prompted him to contact RCCL. Then on that contact he was told it was forbidden for his child to sleep in the Pullman.

I have seen many here where it was stated that it was forbidden. He already stated that it was rccl via his contact that said it was forbidden. Now that he cannot cancel rccl isn't helping him find a room that is appropriate for him. They want either him or his wife to sleep in the Pullman. This isn't acceptable in my eyes as my kids constantly kick me in the back all night. They need their own bed.

Rccl should help him find another room even at a minimal cost increase. If that didn't work I would have my kid sleep on the floor and would never sail with them again.

This is how I understood it as well.

Good luck with that.

I researched my room before booking..i saw that my kid would be on a pullman bed and that was fine with me...now that they told me that its forbidden for him and only after learning about that on cruisecritic and not by them while booking i say that i would have changed rooms while booking...this restriction is NOWHERE stated on rcl website.they are misleading.its far too OBVIOUS that i want to share the bed with my wife..if nothing else changes on my booking i will definitely share the bed with my son as well since his safety is very important for me..i just feel that i was misled by rcl and that this is no good commercial practice on their behalf.i am going to complain as much as possible about this and maybe reach as high as possible on their management ladder..because i believe thats wrong from them..they just care filling up berths getting money thats no way good customer service ob their behalf

I have more than 1 stupid questions :D but I will ask them anyway.

Why did you wait until now?

Why didn't you talk to RCI before you choose the room?

If you know it's a pullman to begin with, why did you book it?

Did you book the room intentionally and hoping that RCI will upgrade you to a higher category?

Edited by danny8826

Did you book the room intentionally and hoping that RCI will upgrade you to a higher category?

Have you read anything on this thread? All your stupid questions are answered if you care to read it.

Did you even read the OP?? Nevermind anything in the following pages? People here just try to stir the pot - it's so unhelpful!

I think that it's also rude that on a vacation some posters are suggesting that the fact that the OP is getting picked on because He/She doesn't want to sleep in the Pullman instead of the child is ridiculous. Surely no one books a triple with that intent! I have 2 young children and we end up in cosleeping arrangements often with us - but the one thing I looked forward to on our cruise was that we would all be in the same room so they would not need to cosleep! This means I will get a decent sleep and not be kicked, rolled on, have my hair pulled, my stomach used as a pillow or whatever else the do in their sleep! My Kids need their own bed that is not with me for me to enjoy my well deserved vacation sleep!!

I agree with you, you do have more than one stupid question. Did you even read any of the posts? At least read the first post.

Rcl sent me an email that stated that its forbidden!!!that steward is not authorised to make the pullman bed for someone under 6 years old..i have this written by rcl..its not proposal

Id love to see that e mail if you wouldn't mind.

Rcl sent me an email that stated that its forbidden!!!that steward is not authorised to make the pullman bed for someone under 6 years old..i have this written by rcl..its not proposal

They sent me that the child MUST use the lower bed and one of the adults MUST go to the upper

double post

Really. :confused: He used great words, sentence structure, and paragraphs which were not offensive. Espically, compared to what I have seen posted here. If they look in a mirror they will see a person with common sense looking back at them. :)

Common sense really, making excuses for what RCL sold, and didn't tell the customer!

Making excuses when RCL was wrong not to disclose, and again wrong not to (so far) correct their mistake is not common sense!

If you are in an OV cabin without a connecting door, you should have a love seat in the room that could easily accommodate your 5 year old. Just ask the steward to get rid of the coffee table and give you sheets, blankets and pillows so your child can sleep there. Not ideal, but for one child it could work well and you won't have the obstruction of an open sofabed at night.

I agree as I often lay down on the 2 seat love seat onboard RCI ships to read, with my legs over the far arm and I'm 6 feet tall. A 5 year old should have plenty of space using one as a bed.

Edited by robtulipe