Final Payment Butterflies?

Does anyone else feel nauseated making the final Payment on a cruise? I have no regrets or doubts about taking this cruise but forking over $2000 in a day is a lot for me! Lol! I'm super excited about this cruise, but I still hate seeing all that money leave my bank account at one time ;)

Does anyone else feel nauseated making the final Payment on a cruise? I have no regrets or doubts about taking this cruise but forking over $2000 in a day is a lot for me! Lol! I'm super excited about this cruise, but I still hate seeing all that money leave my bank account at one time ;)

No butterflies here...

We make our deposit...make interim payments...have less as a final payment. Depending on when one books...there's often a lot of time between reservation and final payment.

Making the final payment means we're going on the cruise for sure. That's a good thing. :)

If the size of the payment is the issue, perhaps if you made several smaller payments prior to the due date you would feel less anxiety?

That is what I do! I book early to get the cabin I want and then make payments of various amounts throughout. I usually pay it off 3 - 6 months before final payment date with last payment being $200 or so! :cool:

HAHA! Yes I do... well, it's more of a sick to the pit of my stomach feeling really. But it's my own fault!!!!

I see a "WOW!!!!!!!!! £600 ONLY!!!!!!! you can look this gorgeous on our Riviera Deck in your straw hat too!" and I get very excited and then set my heart on going on the trip:-

then I realise that the week I want to go on is £800;

then I realise that's the price for a deck 2 inside - and a D2 is £1,400pp;

then I remember its pp - so x by 2 for my husband - £2,800;

then I remember my little girlie - so now we are up to £4,000;

then I remember flights x 3 to get off this Island £4,600;

then 2 x stopovers £4,800;

then suitcases £4,920 .

So, my £600 is suddenly £5,000 (or $7,500 approx - and I haven't even so much as sniffed a Pina Colada, bought a ticket for BIRG or paid an entry fee into Chops yet......................................... OUCH!!

Since we use a credit card that gives us rewards....we use those rewards as part of the cash payment to pay for the cruise and viola -- our personal out of pocket is less on final payment day.

I agree...I think it's because you did it all in one lump. We always hold ours with a minimum deposit and then make payments here and there. By the time the final payment comes....it's a relief to know our cruise is definitely happening!

I also make a deposit and then try to make little payments here and there but this time I didn't do so much and yesterday shelled out a lump! I get butterflies and I know it's stupid but I don't take insurance!!!! Good god hope I didn't just jinx myself but I kinda feel if I take it I'm leaving a door open to get out of it lol. So fingers crossed payment made and I'm off in 79 days by hook or by crook lol [emoji41][emoji267]

If the size of the payment is the issue, perhaps if you made several smaller payments prior to the due date you would feel less anxiety?

Well said that is what I do. I make small monthly payments over that time span. Sure its a bit more of a pain in the butt but way easier then forking over $2000 at once

I have no regrets or doubts about taking this cruise but forking over $2000 in a day is a lot for me! Lol! I'm super excited about this cruise, but I still hate seeing all that money leave my bank account at one time ;)

Yup! I wait til almost the day final payment is due. And then pause as I hit that final "click." It's all good after that. I like to think of myself as thrifty and just don't like spending lots of money in general.

But once you start thinking about the first time you see the ship as you arrive at the port, it all fades away....

No butterflies. Since DW and I cruise in September, we pay off the cruise with our tax refund. So don't have to worry about taking a large chunk out of our account.

We are cruising in September as well and will use our tax refund to pay it off. Timing of the tax return lines right up for when final payment is due.

We are cruising in September as well and will use our tax refund to pay it off. Timing of the tax return lines right up for when final payment is due.

We cruise in Sept next year, tax return is my plan as well [emoji16]