Blocked toilet

The problem is that they most likely *didn't* fix the problem, otherwise it would not be reoccurring for 3 mornings in a row. Unless OP is tossing non-flushable stuff down the drain, they are at this point entitled to more than just a quick clean-up and an apology.

With all due respect here, what is with the "entitlement" here? I understand the toilet was plugged, and had problems getting it repaired, and it was cleaned up. So what exactly are they entitled to? $50 OBC or something like that?

In addition to cleaning up the mess................... They're supposed to identify why it re-occurred a 2nd & then a 3rd time & then make damn sure whatever is causing the problem doesn't cause it to happen again!!

Once that's done, they make nicey nice & offer something to the occupant besides an apology. A dinner in a specialty restaurant or a small OBC should suffice.

That sounds like a reasonable peace offering. I see so many complaints on these boards where people's demands for compensation are unreasonable. The one thing to remember is that the way the toilets on these ships are designed, a problem in one cabin can affect several others. The actual problem may not have been with the OP's cabin at all. It very well could have been caused by an idiot neighbor.

That sounds like a reasonable peace offering. I see so many complaints on these boards where people's demands for compensation are unreasonable. The one thing to remember is that the way the toilets on these ships are designed, a problem in one cabin can affect several others. The actual problem may not have been with the OP's cabin at all. It very well could have been caused by an idiot neighbor.

This happened to me on the Independence last year. Three times the toilet overflowed and finally on the fourth day it was fixed. A person spends their hard earned money for a cruise and the room smells like crap four out of the 8 days, I think they are entitled to compensation.

This happened to me on the Independence last year. Three times the toilet overflowed and finally on the fourth day it was fixed. A person spends their hard earned money for a cruise and the room smells like crap four out of the 8 days, I think they are entitled to compensation.

While they may be entitled to something, sometimes people's expectations can be ridiculous and I was curious what others feel they are entitled do. Either way, their C&A status should have no bearing on that decision, and if they decide to not cruise RCI anymore, so be it

The problem is that there are several bathrooms connected to the same vacuum pump. In spite of all the warnings, if one of your neighbors keeps putting feminine hygiene products in the toilet it will continue to back up. Short of stationing in a guard in each of your neighbors bathrooms, there's not much that can be done to prevent rude passengers.

While they may be entitled to something, sometimes people's expectations can be ridiculous and I was curious what others feel they are entitled do. Either way, their C&A status should have no bearing on that decision, and if they decide to not cruise RCI anymore, so be it

Seems a little ridiculous to continue to rant about the OP's comment about his C&A status. No need to reply to every single post. I think we get it:rolleyes:

Unbelievable how sensitive people are about this.

I personally feel that comment was made because the OP is extremely frustrated and rather than meaning he feels he deserves special treatment, I feel he's saying he's been a loyal long time customer who has invested a lot of money in a product he believes in and they have totally let him down. So his faith in the company is therefore not what it was.

Bottom line is this is a ridiculous and completely unsanitary situation. Raw sewage in your cabin is not acceptable and I'm willing to bet their cleaning process doesn't remove everything from soiled carpets. I hope he does ask for and get to meet with the hotel director. They need to get this fixed and they need to do something nice for the OP to make him a believer again.

The problem is that there are several bathrooms connected to the same vacuum pump. In spite of all the warnings, if one of your neighbors keeps putting feminine hygiene products in the toilet it will continue to back up. Short of stationing in a guard in each of your neighbors bathrooms, there's not much that can be done to prevent rude passengers.

Bathroom guards aside, if they determine the problem is due to items being improperly disposed in the toilet, at the very least they can contact occupants in the cabins on the line reminding them about proper disposal.

Seems a little ridiculous to continue to rant about the OP's comment about his C&A status. No need to reply to every single post. I think we get it:rolleyes:

I personally feel that comment was made because the OP is extremely frustrated and rather than meaning he feels he deserves special treatment, I feel he's saying he's been a loyal long time customer who has invested a lot of money in a product he believes in and they have totally let him down. So his faith in the company is therefore not what it was.

Bottom line is this is a ridiculous and completely unsanitary situation. Raw sewage in your cabin is not acceptable and I'm willing to bet their cleaning process doesn't remove everything from soiled carpets. I hope he does ask for and get to meet with the hotel director. They need to get this fixed and they need to do something nice for the OP to make him a believer again.

I'm not ranting about their status. If you don't like my opinion, I'm quite sure you'll get over it.

We had a similar experience on Explorer of the Seas about two years ago. The first time the toilet overflowed and ran into the room we accepted the clean up. Things happen. But the second time, in the middle of the night it happened again, it was not acceptable. They moved us to another room on the same deck for the rest of the night and the next day I let them know that two days of my vacation on clean up detail was not acceptable. Yes, I had to jump up and remove all personal items from the closet before the sewage water covered them. Not to mention - no sleep.

The next day we were up-graded to a balcony. We were lucky that they had some place to move us to.

I feel sorry for anyone this happens to!

Maybe he mentioned his C&A status to say that this is not his first time on a RCI ship and he has been satisfied previously...as in, been there, done that and normally have no complaint, but this is a justifiable complaint (which I certainly believe it is) since I know this shouldn't be happening and this is not how RCI normally handles such a situation.

I couldn't have put it more succinctly if I'd tried.

Did you really think about Zimacs complaint? Can you imagine waking up in the morning and not being able to use the toilet in your own stateroom? I think that is sort of serious. What if you walked into the bathroom in the middle of the night, barefoot? I would probably pee (or worse) in the no longer provided ice bucket.

It makes me sort of question how sanitary the floors are in my future staterooms. :eek:

And you question mention of a C&A level? I took it to mean that this is not his first rodeo.

Personally...I think you deserve major compensation, either on this cruise or a future one. A functioning toilet goes right along with the habitability of a dwelling.

If a Non-functioning (not sewage spilling) toilet is something that happens later in the day, when I am dressed and out and about, fine. First thing in the morning...I Want a functioning, clean potty!

Sure it's not nice and certainly not something I'd be happy about.

BUT not sure what you want them to do.

If there is a cabin you should be moved, but if there isn't one available what do they do?

And what has your status got to do with the price of eggs, you should be treated just as any other passenger.

Sure it's not nice and certainly not something I'd be happy about.

BUT not sure what you want them to do.

If there is a cabin you should be moved, but if there isn't one available what do they do?

And what has your status got to do with the price of eggs, you should be treated just as any other passenger.

If you are a new cruiser...you might go, "Oh Gosh, is this an awful thing, it must be an aberration" (Edit: We thought that way on a Carnival cruise)

If you have been on previous cruises, you know there isn't supposed to be poop on your bathroom floor.

They should be moved. If that's not possible, there should be restaurant offers, wine, whatever on this cruise. 3 times! And I think they should be entitled to a generous FCC on a future sailing.

I wouldn't stand for an unusable toilet 3 mornings in a row.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I think toilets are an important part of cabin comfort. :p

Edited by Coralc

If you are a new cruiser...you might go, "Oh Gosh, is this an awful thing, it must be an aberration" (Edit: We thought that way on a Carnival cruise)

If you have been on previous cruises, you know there isn't supposed to be poop on your bathroom floor.

They should be moved. If that's not possible, there should be restaurant offers, wine, whatever on this cruise. 3 times! And I think they should be entitled to a generous FCC on a future sailing.

I wouldn't stand for an unusable toilet 3 mornings in a row.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I think toilets are an important part of cabin comfort. :p

You've got to have STATUS to know on overflowinbg toilet ain't normal, give me a break.

As said not pleasant but Diamond+ or elite or Prince of Persia has nought to do with it.

You've got to have STATUS to know on overflowinbg toilet ain't normal, give me a break.

As said not pleasant but Diamond+ or elite or Prince of Persia has nought to do with it.

Is there a reason that you have a problem with someone mentioning their C&A level? There are enough people on here that display theirs.

When we are on an ill fated Carnival cruise as new cruisers, we thought that issues could and would be resolved after we returned home. After a little research and letter writing (pre-internet) we learned that Cruise lines (RCI included) could not care less about you after you return home.

We learned after that cruise that incidents or problems should be addressed onboard when it easier to have them resolved and documented.

Your C&A status problem? Your problem, not mine. :D

Edited by Coralc

Is there a reason that you have a problem with someone mentioning their C&A level? There are enough people on here that display theirs.

When we are on an ill fated Carnival cruise as new cruisers, we thought that issues could and would be resolved after we returned home. After a little research and letter writing (pre-internet) we learned that Cruise lines (RCI included) could not care less about you after you return home.

We learned after that cruise that incidents or problems should be addressed onboard when it easier to have them resolved and documented.

Your C&A status problem? Your problem, not mine. :D

Just don't understand why some people think their problems should be dealt with different than someone else's problem just because they have some magical status.

But hey that's just my opinion, and with my lowly status my opinion can't be as valid as yours can it :p

Just don't understand why some people think their problems should be dealt with different than someone else's problem just because they have some magical status.

But hey that's just my opinion, and with my lowly status my opinion can't be as valid as yours can it :p

They're not dealt with any differently. Cruising or vacationing in the same place only gives you more knowledge about who to complain to. It doesn't mean it gets resolved any better. And I don't know why you are giving this poster such a hard time when what it boils down to is that they may be switching cruise lines, because of this incident...and never reaching a higher level.

And I have never used the "I am anything (because I'm not)" in a complaint. I don't know why you are so hung up on that.

But back to the original post about overflowing UNUSEABLE toilets and sewage on the floor. That needs to be addressed. :eek:

Toilets are very important in my vacation enjoyment.

Edited by Coralc

mad::mad: Hi. I am currently on-board Radiance of the Seas a C&A Diamond Loyalty Member. I wonder how many of you cruise lovers have got up three mornings in a row and found your cabin toilet full and overflowing onto the floor. The cabin doesn't smell too great!! Yes they apologise, yes they clean it up and sanitise the floor But frankly I don't think they give a ****. At the end of this cruise I'll be one night off being a Diamond Plus Loyalty Member - somehow I don't think I'll be reaching it. I've pm'd RCI and sent emails to Michael Bayley, but no reply. Never thought I would be so disappointed with Royal Caribbean.

Use a wire hanger

Edited by Pennstateman

Did you really think about Zimacs complaint? Can you imagine waking up in the morning and not being able to use the toilet in your own stateroom? I think that is sort of serious. What if you walked into the bathroom in the middle of the night, barefoot? I would probably pee (or worse) in the no longer provided ice bucket.

It makes me sort of question how sanitary the floors are in my future staterooms. :eek:

And you question mention of a C&A level? I took it to mean that this is not his first rodeo.

Personally...I think you deserve major compensation, either on this cruise or a future one. A functioning toilet goes right along with the habitability of a dwelling.

If a Non-functioning (not sewage spilling) toilet is something that happens later in the day, when I am dressed and out and about, fine. First thing in the morning...I Want a functioning, clean potty!

Thanks; your comments are appreciated. I was never suggesting that my loyalty level should give me special treatment, but it does go to show that what you know you're meaning when you write something is not always the way it's read by others.

Thanks; your comments are appreciated. I was never suggesting that my loyalty level should give me special treatment, but it does go to show that what you know you're meaning when you write something is not always the way it's read by others.

So how about an update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, firstly to the OP I'm so sorry you have to endure this. It is totally unacceptable IMHO and by day 3 RCI should be reaching out with some compensation if they cannot move you due to another stateroom due to being at full capacity. My suggestion would be to request a meeting with the Guest Services and Hotel manager asap.

To the rest of you commentators, would you put up with this? I doubt it. You're vocal enough on here about many other more trivial items than waste being in your bathroom. Only yesterday people were up in arms about someone filing their finger nails in a restaurant. What's worse that, or human waste sloshing about in your stateroom? I know what I'd rather endure.

It beggars belief how unhelpful so many people are on CC. Why comment if you're not going to offer advice? Is it just so you can increase your post count?

If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother. This cruiser has a valid complaint. Let's try and help them, not ridicule them.

Spot on! What does "increase your post count" mean?

Bitter much?

Love how people cannot comprehend even when it's spelled out quite plainly by several different people that his"status" has absolutely nothing to do with the situation. You hang on to that though if it makes you feel better to rant.

Spot on! What does "increase your post count" mean?

In the upper right corner of every post you can see the number of posts that user has ever posted on CC. The number of posts by a user may influence others.

Biker, who just increased his post count.