unlimited internet package??

lara68

Yes. The price varies depeding on the length of the cruise. I am currently on a 10 night Eqinox cruise and the unlimited package is $299 per person. Captains Club members get a percentage discount. Like 20% off for Elite and 70% off for Zenith. Zenith still have to pay extra for the unlimited even though it is less expensive than the included 1600 minute $400 package. Strange.

Yes. The price varies depeding on the length of the cruise. I am currently on a 10 night Eqinox cruise and the unlimited package is $299 per person. Captains Club members get a percentage discount. Like 20% off for Elite and 70% off for Zenith. Zenith still have to pay extra for the unlimited even though it is less expensive than the included 1600 minute $400 package. Strange.

Would you happen to know what the % discount would be for Elite+? Tks

On the summit a week they had unlimited usage for a single device for a 7 day usage was 299

We have always sailed celebrity but I'm currently on the royal quantum. I have the unlimited on this 7 day cruise and it cost less than half of celebrity s package!

We'll be back on celebrity in two weeks so I was curious what they are now offering. Celebrity is the line we love, but royal Caribbean is much better with internet rates.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am currently on the Silhouette and, on a 13-day Baltic sea cruise, the unlimited package is $349 less a 35% discount for Elite+.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Daniel Tapie

Hi,

I am currently on the Silhouette and, on a 13-day Baltic sea cruise, the unlimited package is $349 less a 35% discount for Elite+.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Daniel Tapie

What is the cost for Elite? I assume this is only for one device? Thanks.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

The discount for Elite is 30%.

And, yes, it is for one device at a time. You need to log out from one device in order to connect another one.

I must say that it works relatively well. It is not fast, but it is about 3G speed which is enough for Facebook, email, surfing, etc...

But keep in mind that there is no VPN, Skype or FaceTime (which makes sense to prevent the bandwidth to be taken down completely).

If you don't know what VPN is, that is fine, that means you don't need it... ;)

Best regards,

Daniel

• 4 months later...
Interested in unlimited but only if speed is good at Internet Cafe and also in State Room. Has anyone checked actual speed? We will be traveling on the Celebrity Eclipse. Thanks.

On summit right now. .16Mbps down / .12 up. 707ms ping.

Maybe eclipse would be better...

Just wondering does Celebrity give any free internet minutes for Elite or Elite+ or is everything now only packages or unlimited?

Both my husband and I are Elite and we got 90 free minutes each.

I found it a pain having to log in and out, which could take up to 5 minutes, but I wasn't going to waste good money on upgrading!

On summit right now. .16Mbps down / .12 up. 707ms ping.

Maybe eclipse would be better...

Thanks. The next time you test, you might want to choose the dial up or satellite tests, because the speeds are probably too slow for a regular broadband test. Very helpful though. [emoji106]

Thanks. The next time you test, you might want to choose the dial up or satellite tests, because the speeds are probably too slow for a regular broadband test. Very helpful though. [emoji106]

I used ookla's speedtest app on an iPad, don't see anywhere to configure based on connection type.

For reference last test was from al bacio. From my balcony (with the door open), deck six, toward the aft I got 33.8kB/s - 37.1kB/s 787 ping.

Another variable, in case it matters we are at port right now.

I used ookla's speedtest app on an iPad, don't see anywhere to configure based on connection type.

For reference last test was from al bacio. From my balcony (with the door open), deck six, toward the aft I got 33.8kB/s - 37.1kB/s 787 ping.

Another variable, in case it matters we are at port right now.

Thanks. I'll have to look. Some speed tests allow you to select the connection type, but not all do. In any case, your effort is greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if it is cheaper to prepay the unlimited package before you get onboard, or is it cheaper or same price once onboard?

There hasn't been any advantage to prebooking in the past.

There hasn't been any advantage to prebooking in the past.

I called and was told that " it is always cheaper to book pre cruise." Seriously, I am not debating your comment at all, but just sharing. I booked pre-cruise for my TA and paid 201 for unlimited internet. This included my 30% off for being elite, plus an additional 10% for the new pre-cruise perk. The cruise is 16 nights.

Seriously, I would love to understand all of this....

looks like this is another old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

If you book Internet on the ship, do you get captains club discount, based on status level?

BTW, we had book one, 2nd one gets 50 percent discount on our previous X cruise. Do they rarely run this offer?

This will be our 2nd X cruise and we are still learning.

Thanks.

I might wait until the actual cruise. We don't get any discounts as we are not any special status, but when looking at actual days onboard, it works out to be 8 out of the 14 due to stops in ports etc. I don't know if I can justify $380 for 8 days :( Prebooking you don't seem to get an option for a certain amount of minutes. I was hoping to not have to pay so much :(