Carnival Journeys: what floats your boat?

Other than the destinations, what excites you most about the new Carnival Journeys?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Other than the destinations, what excites you most about the new Carnival Journeys?

• Authentic Eats
    • Local Entertainment
    • Throwback Sea Day
    • Academy of Fun
    • Crew Connections

For those of you who don't know, Carnival Journeys is a program uniting Carnival's longer (9+ day) cruises with some special perks. You can read more about it here: https://www.goccl.com/en/Resource%20Center/CarnivalJourneys.aspx . They haven't started yet; the first one is in October. Some of us are looking forward to them, for various reasons. But which ones? My inquiring mind wants to know. Thank you for your time and responses.

We booked the January Miracle cruise to the Mexican Riviera last December. The itin is very good. We've jumped over to Princess for similar itins the past year. Happy to see Carnival is doing it.

Hi Cruisers

My DH and I are excited about the new Journey options. We have done most of the Caribbean 7/8 day cruises. This new option really appeals to us, for our next cruise . Looking into the new Carnival Vista for the Eastern Journey cruise . Love the concept. Happy to cruise Anytime:D

Looking To Cruise

kruise kat:), kruise runner:cool:

You left out my main pick....Longer Cruises!

The 7 day cruises on Carnival go to the same places over and over and hard to go on a b2b without repeating a port. With the new Journeys cruises we will be doing 21 days all to different ports and not having to go back to Miami after the first week.:D:D

We booked our 13 day Sunshine cruise before it became a " Carnival Journeys" cruise because of itinerary. Nice that Carnival added the extras to this cruise. Since you wanted another reason other than that, it is a toss-up between the sea day and the food but voted for the sea day. The longer duration for the cruise was another factor since we like longer cruises.

All added up, this cruise will have all the elements for a great cruise :D .

We booked our 13 day Sunshine cruise before it became a " Carnival Journeys" cruise because of itinerary. Nice that Carnival added the extras to this cruise. Since you wanted another reason other than that, it is a toss-up between the sea day and the food but voted for the sea day. The longer duration for the cruise was another factor since we like longer cruises.

All added up, this cruise will have all the elements for a great cruise :D .

We did the same booked Sunshine because we wanted to see other islands. This cruise is selling out fast and the price has really risen since we booked

I was booked on the Glory B2B Jan 23 to Feb 14 before the "Journeys" ad campaign was announced.

Isn't 21 days cruising the Caribbean away from the New York winter reason enough?

Another reason: the Glory docks in Bonaire on one of their national holidays for the Carnivale Celebration and Parade; the next day it is in Aruba for their Carnivale Parade.

Another added reason: Watching Super Bowl 50 at sea!

Thanks everyone for sharing.

You left out my main pick....Longer Cruises!

I thought it was a given that most people, if not everyone, would pick these cruises for the ports they went to and/or its length, so that's why I left it out.

I wish I could have voted for more than one thing! :D

I considered having a multiple item poll but decided against it. I must admit that all of these items appeal to me to some degree. But in the end I was one of the crazy people that picked the Academy of Fun. Why? Because on ordinary cruises, Carnival (IMHO) does fun extremely well, but there's little to feed my mind. No, trivia doesn't count. I think some seminars, lectures, or whatever on subjects other than towel animals would be good for me. In theory anyway.

Just did a re-check of the itineraries to refresh my memory. My ultimate favorite for a few reasons would for sure be Sunshine on the 28Nov cruise from Pt. Canaveral and ending in San Juan. Here are the pluses for me.

I would like to experience Sunshine.

Not as many sea days with Florida being the port of dept.

The itinerary would allow me to go to 2 new ports, Tortola/Antigua.

Nice air prices and nonstops from San Juan back to Tampa.

The itin's to or from Galveston/New Orleans have so many sea days. However if you like sea days that would be a plus. Just like the NYC and Baltimore itin's. The Breeze is on my short list of ships to take, just not on the Journey itin'.

We booked the Pride 11 day Pride cruise from Baltimore to San Juan and the 10 day Pride cruise from San Juan back to Baltimore before they became Journeys cruises. (January-February 2016) We are excited that they will have the additional activities that are part of the Journeys cruises. We have not been to Bonaire so that will be a new port. The throw back sea day sounds like a lot of fun.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

We're considering the Vista in November of next year. My sister will be celebrating her birthday during that cruise and my husband's birthday will be the day before the cruise begins, in addition we've never been to Bonaire and my husband loves sea days which this voyage has an abundance of. Not to mention this cruise is during Thanksgiving which is a plus, we've sailed during Labor Day but never Thanksgiving. And we'll be on the Vista!!!! I can't think of a better way to spend a vacation.

We're considering the Vista in November of next year. My sister will be celebrating her birthday during that cruise and my husband's birthday will be the day before the cruise begins, in addition we've never been to Bonaire and my husband loves sea days which this voyage has an abundance of. Not to mention this cruise is during Thanksgiving which is a plus, we've sailed during Labor Day but never Thanksgiving. And we'll be on the Vista!!!! I can't think of a better way to spend a vacation.

We have a very active roll call for the Vista repo cruise :). Hope you decide to join us!