Distilled Water for CPAP Machine

Are we allowed to bring on a container of distilled water onto the ship for my husbands CPAP machine? Does anyone have any tips for the best way to bring it thru security. I'm thinking a small 20 ounce bottle would be ok but has anyone else done this? What would you recommend?

Are we allowed to bring on a container of distilled water onto the ship for my husbands CPAP machine? Does anyone have any tips for the best way to bring it thru security. I'm thinking a small 20 ounce bottle would be ok but has anyone else done this? What would you recommend?

Send an email to [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse]. They will supply distilled water and an extension cord for the machine.

fyi

You do not NEED distilled water. It is better, but tap water is okay. Actually, the water in the ship is better than at home or other places anyways. I travel often and never deal with distilled water. I try to get bottled water where I can, but tap water works.

I also take an extension cord. Outlets are never where you need them.

Also, would just one 20oz bottle work for an entire cruise?

fyi

You do not NEED distilled water. It is better, but tap water is okay. Actually, the water in the ship is better than at home or other places anyways. I travel often and never deal with distilled water. I try to get bottled water where I can, but tap water works.

I also take an extension cord. Outlets are never where you need them.

Also, would just one 20oz bottle work for an entire cruise?

I was pretty unsure of how much water since it's hubby's machine LOL. I was just guessing. He wanted to take a gallon! I thought about the tap water but he's like Uber strict about what goes in the machine. thanks for the tip about the cords. This is definitely helpful!

Just returned from the Liberty. My mom uses a CPAP and we called RCCL prior to the cruis and they had distilled water waiting in her stateroom for her. If for some reason it isnt' there just tell your stateroom attendant and I'm sure they can get it for you.

Thanks very much! Will send that email and ask them for assistance.:)

My hubs has a CPAP and they have said that they provide distilled water and an extension cord for him in our stateroom as there are no plugs near where the bed is..I called in for to RCL for something totally unrelated and they asked me about medical conditions and specifically if anyone had a CPAP mask..it is noe listed on our reservation.

You can also complete a Guest Special Needs Form (Click Me) from the RCCL website (it automatically transmits once complete). Below is the link in case you need it.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

If you select "Bringing CPAP Machine", distilled water and an extension cord will be provided.

Hope this helps...

Send an email to [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse]. They will supply distilled water and an extension cord for the machine.

I have cruised many times on Royal and by doing what is suggested above I have always had a gallon of distilled water waiting in my cabin -or in the worst case, I simply requested it from my cabin steward and it has always been provided.

But please DO fill out the form and submit it in advance

There was this one time.... Royal ran out of distilled water even though we ordered through special needs. We were able to find some in Grenada where we bought some off of a pharmacist. I think we were on the Legend on the first cruise back from Asia. We did make do with bottled water for the first few days and it turned out Royal got a supply on the ship when we got to Aruba.

DH tries to stick with distilled. The little chamber that holds the water gets an icky hard water mineral scum that just doesn't look appetizing. His settings make him go through lots of water where he runs it dry by morning. Seeing that crust left in the chamber when not using distilled makes me wonder where all those mineral deposits deposit over time in your body.

Anyway, 34 cruises and only once did they not have distilled on board for us. They have a pretty good track record.

Edited by CruiseKeeper

You can bring it but they also will supply it. I travel with a friend with a CPAP machine and she always requests it and they bring it.

As others have all said, RCCL will supply it, just fill out the request form and it will be waiting in your cabin or at worst, attendant will get it for you.

Also note that the water coming out of you cabin taps is essentially mineral free and will leave very little if any residue in a CPAP. Perfectly usable in a pinch.

bob j

• 2 years later...
I called Carnival to request an extension cord and distilled water be ready in my room when I arrive. I was told I could only order them when on board. Not very helpful!

Good thing OP isn't cruising Carnival. Any particular reason for your post?