LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

Chris, I think that by doing this awesome review you've been a bad influence on me! :eek:

You see, I had absolutely no plans to try to sail on one of the Quantum class ships. Now I'm trying to figure out where I can fit a Quantum class ship sailing into our schedule! :D

That is one beautiful ship you are sailing on! I sure wish RCI was planning to base a Quantum class ship somewhere in Florida. I mean, a girl can dream, can't she?

Ditto

I better do this at the beginning of the cruise - otherwise, I may end up weighing too much toward the end!!

Under 6 feet is 230 pounds, over 6 feet is 250. Will try to find out the height and age restrictions

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

T

Thanks for they information on the iFly. It's been fantastic reading all the information. I wasn't planning a cruise on the Quantum class ships but now I'm hooked. Looking forward to the Ovation coming to Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The iFly looks pretty cool. Do you know what the landing was like? Was it a hard landing, or did you just sort of sink down to the ground?

You don't actually "land" at the end. The crew member who assists you throughout your flight, grabs the handles on the back of your flight suit at the end of your turn, and rotates you until you are facing the open door on the side of the wind tunnel and then you simply grab the door frame with your hands and step through it, onto the ground outside the tunnel. It was very easy! :D

I have a question about the Flow rider (go figure). Is it the same size (double, with two pumps) as on the Freedom and Oasis class ships? Some fellow cruisers on our upcoming Allure roll call have been wondering if RCCL went with a single on Quantum Class, due to the size of the ship. It's difficult to tell from the angle of your photos, but thank you for posting!

I'm also on the Quantum this cruise and have been Flowriding all week. The Quantum Flowrider is a double about the same size as the Oasis. It is steeper and runs faster than the Oasis (more like the Freedom). The entry and exit platforms have a different floor, very soft which everyone liked.

No advanced sessions this cruise but they have not been needed due to the low number of kids on board (last week the staff said they had over 1,300). Most mornings only about five surfers show up at 9:00am opening. Even afternoons haven't been bad with only about ten folks showing up at any given time.

The sports staff is great and has lots of fun with us.

Lou

Edited by loudbmw

Good morning friends and welcome to day twelve of LIVE from Quantum of the Seas! It's the last day(BOOOOO!) before we arrive back in Cape Liberty. The ship is definitely rockin and rolling as we get closer to New Jersey. Today will just be a final day of exploring and getting some photos of things I might have missed. Dinner at Silk tonight and then a get together with friends for a round of farewell drinks.

So stay tuned as the day gets underway! :)

2015-04-22%2006.53.24_zpsqrro9bow.jpg

All good things must come to an end. I feel the bittersweetness of your day, but hey that was one helluva trip- 12 nights on the Quantum and those beautiful ports?!? Amazing.

And again, I thank you for doing this. It was so much fun to follow along. You helped a lot of people here get through the last 12 nights as we felt like we were there with you.

You don't actually "land" at the end. The crew member who assists you throughout your flight, grabs the handles on the back of your flight suit at the end of your turn, and rotates you until you are facing the open door on the side of the wind tunnel and then you simply grab the door frame with your hands and step through it, onto the ground outside the tunnel. It was very easy! :D

Oh, THANK YOU!!! I know my sister really wants to do it, and now that I've seen it, I might want to try it too. She's got a bad hip, I've got bad knees, so I always need to ask. :)

Someone posted a video on a social media site with dime size hail. I wonder how long you will be under bad weather.

We're sort of out of it now, at least the worst part. Ships is definitely rocking on the seas ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Jacqui - how cool that your child is a wish kid leading the walk today! I have done lots of volunteer work for Make A Wish - one of my favorite charities. I wish you and your family the best, and so glad you can enjoy this cruise experience together.

That's awesome! I am now a wish granter with them as well. I love what they do! We had such a fun time on the walk - and raised over $2,000 for Make-A-Wish!

Chris,

Your food pics have my tummy rumbling!!! I have so loved this review and I am sad it's coming to a close. We are definitely having a cooler day up here in the northeast. Mr. Gibbs should put a light jacket on.

Looking forward to what you have in store for today....thank you!