LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

I will start posting the cruise compasses for sea days. Please let me if they're readable as I took photos with my tablet.

Boarding day:

41933b4807102fa790099f1b5c5cf0cf.jpg

bcf53bb9e56d1f3fbcbe36acc84557c0.jpg

Sent from my LG G Pad using Tapatalk

I was on the ship twice and never realized there was food in Vintages. What do they serve there?

I was on the ship twice and never realized there was food in Vintages. What do they serve there?

Not sure what it's like on Quantum but on Allure they served appetizer type dishes like olives, breads with dipping sauces, and such

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

The app does not show available in Google Play so that's why I chose to take pics of the compasses with the tablet.

Oh I wonder if it is an apple only product? Love your review and hard work! Didn't want to sound like I was complaining!

dd8ba3bb0cc7cfc9c3bb5eced2330b70.jpg

In case no one answered this question, this ship's configuration and paint look very much like one of the Holland-class patrol ships of the Royal Netherlands Navy. However, without seeing her hull number or standard, I can't be 100% certain. Just FYI. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland-class_offshore_patrol_vessels

I happened to be there in San Juan that same day, on Independence Of The Seas. The hull number was P841, which makes her the Zeeland. She is indeed a Holland-class patrol vessel of the Royal Netherlands Navy.

Chris, I think that by doing this awesome review you've been a bad influence on me! :eek:

You see, I had absolutely no plans to try to sail on one of the Quantum class ships. Now I'm trying to figure out where I can fit a Quantum class ship sailing into our schedule! :D

That is one beautiful ship you are sailing on! I sure wish RCI was planning to base a Quantum class ship somewhere in Florida. I mean, a girl can dream, can't she?

The chocolate martinis are even better ;)

9a3b635667567329fae3c3596e6acb62.jpg

Would you quit tormenting me! (kidding Chris, Everyone Else).

Chris -- totally loving your LIVE thread. TU.

Chris thanks for sharing so many of your wonderful photos from the Pink Boa Cruiser luncheon. This was the second time that Wendy and I have hosted one and it was quite successful. Next up Harmony of the Seas Transatlantic one.

A FUN time was had with FEATHERS and FRIENDS the Pink Boa Cruiser 'mantra' :):)

Chris thanks for sharing so many of your wonderful photos from the Pink Boa Cruiser luncheon. This was the second time that Wendy and I have hosted one and it was quite successful. Next up Harmony of the Seas Transatlantic one.

A FUN time was had with FEATHERS and FRIENDS the Pink Boa Cruiser 'mantra' :):)

Woohoo, I'll be on the HOTS PBC luncheon! Thanks Chris for sharing all your pics. Emmy and Wendy, you two are hostess extraordinaire!

Chiqui

Hi Chris,

Really enjoying your pictures and info. Thank you for taking time from your vacation to share with us.

If you don't mind, I have one question. How do they work the Bumper Cars? Do you need a reservation, or just show up?

Thank you,

Ellen

Edited by chloe kitty

A FUN time was had with FEATHERS and FRIENDS the Pink Boa Cruiser

'mantra' :):)

Your not doing one on the Allure TA in Oct?

Not sure what it's like on Quantum but on Allure they served appetizer type dishes like olives, breads with dipping sauces, and such

I think I read somewhere they serve appetizers from Jamie's?

Hi Chris,

Really enjoying your pictures and info. Thank you for taking time from your vacation to share with us.

If you don't mind, I have one question. How do they work the Bumper Cars? Do you need a reservation, or just show up?

Thank you,

Ellen

Just show up but I would try to get there as soon as possible as the line can get long fast

Good morning friends and welcome to day eleven of LIVE from Quantum of the Seas! It's kind of an overcast day so I think I will head to the Solarium for a little while for some relaxation :)

Stay tuned as the day gets underway!

Looking forward to Sonic Odyssey tonight!

I think the walk was today but can't say with any certainty.

American Icon is not a specialty restaurant but it is open for lunch. Jamie's is as well on sea days along with Izumi

The walk is today at 11am [emoji4]. My wish kid is leading the walk.

Chris - first - I have been following but have not posted. I am thoroughly enjoying everything about your live review. I would comment on lots of things, but that would be almost everything! Amazing job. Thank you for sharing.

I have a question about the Flow rider (go figure). Is it the same size (double, with two pumps) as on the Freedom and Oasis class ships? Some fellow cruisers on our upcoming Allure roll call have been wondering if RCCL went with a single on Quantum Class, due to the size of the ship. It's difficult to tell from the angle of your photos, but thank you for posting!

Jacqui - how cool that your child is a wish kid leading the walk today! I have done lots of volunteer work for Make A Wish - one of my favorite charities. I wish you and your family the best, and so glad you can enjoy this cruise experience together.