LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

Lurking all the way through... thank you Chris! Awesome following you along. :)

I didn't post earlier as you have so many CC friends following along as well, but I do appreciate the time you took to do this (I know how long it takes after a trip let alone during!!!). I'm also super glad you and your group had a fabulous time... I think it's important for someone like you who many follow with great respect to tell it "like it is" with respect to your good time on Quantum. I am really looking forward to seeing you how you rate all the aspects of this ship, both positive and negative, in comparison to your experiences on previous ships. Thanks again!

Edited by Hoopster95

Lurking all the way through... thank you Chris! Awesome following you along. :)

I didn't post earlier as you have so many CC friends following along as well, but I do appreciate the time you took to do this (I know how long it takes after a trip let alone during!!!). I'm also super glad you and your group had a fabulous time... I think it's important for someone like you who many follow with great respect to tell it "like it is" with respect to your good time on Quantum. I am really looking forward to seeing you how you rate all the aspects of this ship, both positive and negative, in comparison to your experiences on previous ships. Thanks again!

I appreciate your kind words. I will start posting some thought and grades shortly as I am waiting for my flight at Newark International

Chris, have really enjoyed reliving the last two weeks while riding home. Thanks for that as it was hard saying goodbye to everyone last night at the farewell. Really enjoyed all your great pics. Safe travels home.

Hello friends! I am waiting for my flight here at Newark so I figured I would go ahead and start posting my likes and dislikes about Quantum and the cruise. Overall I was very impressed with the ship but there is definitely room for improvement and I hope that Anthem will not have the issues that Quantum did when she arrives here. I will elaborate on that later.

Did the ship WOW me like Oasis class does? No, and I don't think it was ever intended to. The ship is a blend of Celebrity S class and RCI staples such as the flowrider, rock climbing wall, Sorrento's, etc. In fact I call Quantum class Celebrity Silhouette on steroids.

Overall I give the ship a solid B. Would I sail on this class again? Possibly and that's not something I even considered a few months ago after seeing all the negative reviews and issues they were having plus the fact that Emmy's inaugural sailing was treated like just an ordinary cruise, and almost like passengers were viewed as nuisance. That issue alone is something that really rubs me the wrong way and one reason why I say I would possibly consider another cruise on Quantum class and not a firm yes.

10423304_10152864779786693_7332805941324650175_n.jpg?oh=2f57d7b578be47b1b4e2bef745f734ab&oe=55D5A041&__gda__=1436292183_7da532416afa789869e522ee85ad4cab

Great photo for the end of a cruise. Looks like a guy looking back at his vacation. Maybe wondering were it went.

Thanks, Bugsy for sharing your vacation. Makes me think about our cruise on the Quantum. Glad to see they are getting all the bugs worked out.

I really loved the ship. Will be looking forward to the Anthem. That is if Bermuda ever dredges the channels and she sticks around.

The positives of Quantum:

The pay restaurants excel in my opinion, especially Jamie's and Chops. The free ones do not with the exception of Silk. More on that in the negatives...

270 is an incredible place to see shows and have a drink! The bar staff at 270 was excellent and I went there several times during the cruise. 270 is Quantum class's version of the Viking Crown Lounge in my opinion but with an incredible aft view

The cabins are a pleasant surprise especially my studio balcony. The cabin had more than enough room for me on a 12 night cruise and the hump balcony more than made up for any loss of cabin space

The wifi on the ship was very good and made posting to the live thread and keep things updated in real time very easy. I hope this is the way it will be from now on the new and newer ships.

I appreciate the fact that the officers were very visible and sociable on the cruise. Dru Pavlov was an outstanding cruise director in my opinion.

Shows were very good especially Mama Mia and Sonic Odyssey. Starwater was good but a little weird in my opinion.

The virtual shows at 270 are a must see in my opinion

Staff was very good for the most part except at most of the free restaurants, Again, more on that in the negatives

Solarium is beautiful! Loved going there. I think it is much more inviting than on Oasis class

This is a really great, touching shot. Well done, to you both regarding the picture and the live report Bugsy!

Thanks for the kind words about the photo...I viewed it that way as Bugsy reflecting on all that had transpired and the good memories he would take with him

Thanks for the kind words about the photo...I viewed it that way as Bugsy reflecting on all that had transpired and the good memories he would take with him

Absolutely, that is what we should get out of our trips, wonderful experiences and you guys certainly did that as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be boarding my flight home in an hour. More thoughts and opinions on Quantum later my friends!

So long Quantum. It was a lot of fun.... :)

We've been following and wanted to thank you for the effort (though it will doubtless cost me a cruise on the Anthem...)

I also saw a few of your photos were dropped over in the Photo Forum. If you post your photos to a share site, there's a new thread over there for people to post links to albums. I'm sure the regulars over there would enjoy shots of the Anthem.

Vacation Gallery Links: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2196589

Thanks again,

Dave

If you get a chance in the future, could you possibly repost the photo of you and Emmy (the man and the sea)? I tried to find it, but cannot. It must be the only one that has a small X in a blank square, under Emmy's post.

Thank you! :)

Hopefully you can see it now:

b187896a6b2d0385c399aa80951772d6.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, I can see it now!!! Thank you SO much for reposting. That photo captures so many aspects of emotion. I can almost feel what you were feeling as you gazed at the ocean. I'll bet it would win an award if you & Emmy entered it in one of the RCI photo contests!

Thanks again! :)