Navigator of the Seas NEVER again

Mj99

Amen. I once personally saw a woman acting atrociously to a staff member because the poor woman brought her ice in her water at dinner...the "guest" apparently only enjoys room temp water and loudly proclaimed how she was tired of having to repeat her requests to "deaf and dumb" ears. The staff member apologized profusely and said she would get her another glass right away...then woman actually fished out her fancy gold-encrusted shiny sparkly heavens open and angels sing seapass card and with a flourish slapped it on the table like it was some sort of medal of honor that gave her permission to treat people terribly.

Honestly...when the OP posted about "lousy suite benefits", this incident popped right into my mind. Extremely entitled and then always loudly complain about poor service.

Of course the OP could be very well having a cruise nightmare...but I can't help but be suspicious.

This isn't about suite quests, it is about the OP and their experience which they really have only shared vague and veiled details about, and made a fairly broad assessment that has them declaring "Never again" for them on Nav.....and maybe that is good for the rest of us planning to cruise on Nav, like we are on the 11/22/15 sailing.

IF the OP comes back with some concrete details, we may have somethings to discuss or it will simply be their opinion.

I find your remark really offensive. Are there obnoxious suite people? Of course, but there are obnoxious loyalty members too. I've seen pitiful behavior from both, but I've also met nice, humble people who sail in Royal Suites, and Pinnacles with more cruise nights than I can even dream about who make everyone around them feel special. It makes me sad to think someone would judge me and summarily dismiss me based simply on the type of cabin I'm in.:(

I am not judging you. I have just shared my personal experience on my most recent cruise with tablemates in December. My cruise before that was in November on the Reflection, with the same type of behavior from a suite party, who was all consuming with his comments. (I was a lowly Elite). I am sure you are a lovely person. I am making an assumption regarding this particular person who posted all the drama, but did not quantify any of it on the Navigator.

This is not the Titanic and we are not in steerage. If the ship goes down, we all get a seat. They do not usher the suite guests or the loyalty levels first to the lifeboats. :)

ALL people in suites aren't entitled. Entitled acting people are the problem. They feel that because of their room category, they're the equivalent of Little Lord Fauntleroy. Clearly NOT all suite guests.

Edited by sredish

Still onboard and can't wait to get off this ship. More details to follow once we're home. Worst service ever. Do not waste your money on a suite as there are no real perks as on other RCCI ships. Food is always room temp or cold and not prepared well. Most of the crew are not friendly and do their best to ignore you in the dining areas. Some are actually rude. Shocking experience compared to our last cruise on Voyager in November.

I read this note this morning and said to myself wait for the flames. You may not come back with the details but it's funny that folks are torching you when you clearly posted STILL ONBOARD and more details when you get home, which is tomorrow at the earliest.

We sailed on 03/15/2015 and our Navigator experience was a noticeable step down from the previous Royal Caribbean experience on Voyager in 2011. Read my review for the details...good and bad. Hopefully the OP had some good experiences.

Edited by jsoenning

For what it is worth it was the Op first post.

But he claims to be on ship still and it will back tomorrow.

Time will tell us who he is?

Incidentally sailed on navigator in January with no problems.

Edited by ssb

For what it is worth it was the Op first post.

But he claims to be on ship still and it will back tomorrow.

Time will tell us who he is?

Incidentally sailed on navigator in January with no problems.

Time will tell, if he returns or not....but he did find the time (and internet access) to put up his thread in the first place...so he could find it again -- or he should have put up more details to begin with.

I've been on the Navigator 3 times. Once before the refurbish and twice after. Stayed in a D1 balcony, an Owner's Suite and finally a JS. All three rooms were fantastic! As was everything else about the cruises!

I can't imagine why anyone would take the time to join Cruise Critic just to post a vague complaint and then just disappear without an explanation.

That's not how I would be spending my last sea day on the ship!! :p

Hi, response to Royaldiamond: the Navigator of the Seas is not going to be based out of Miami. It will be cruising out of Ft Lauderdale starting in early November of this year. We are booked on the first Eastern Caribbean it does....the 14th for a 8 day cruise to San Juan, St Maarten, St Kitt and their private island.

It will be in Fort Lauderdale, but when it returns in Nov 2016, it will be in Miami. At least, we're booked on the transatlantic Nov 2016 from Southampton to Miami!

We first sailed the Navigator in 2008 and many times since. Loved her then and love her now, pre and post refurbishment. She is a lovely ship and have always found the crew to be outstanding.

Will soon find out if the Liberty is up to the Navigators standards, which I am sure she will.

And ChipLondon - I keep squashing your bug, but it still won't go away:D

We sailed last year in Feb after dry dock. The service was pretty lousy at times. The worst part was the long long long wait at the pier on embarkation. I think that colored the entire trip for us. We have since recovered though. I'd sail on her again. ;)

Still onboard and can't wait to get off this ship. More details to follow once we're home. Worst service ever. Do not waste your money on a suite as there are no real perks as on other RCCI ships. Food is always room temp or cold and not prepared well. Most of the crew are not friendly and do their best to ignore you in the dining areas. Some are actually rude. Shocking experience compared to our last cruise on Voyager in November.

I'm very sorry you've had a bad experience. Next month we will be going on Navigator for the 3rd time in a year. We think she is a wonderful ship and we love sailing from Texas! In my opinion, she is the perfect pairing of the Voyager and Freedom class ships. Can't wait to go again and feel very blessed to cruise often!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We sailed last year in Feb after dry dock. The service was pretty lousy at times. The worst part was the long long long wait at the pier on embarkation. I think that colored the entire trip for us. We have since recovered though. I'd sail on her again. ;)

12 million plus improvement to RCL terminal 2 are beginning and are to be complete by Liberty arrival in November.

Yes in past em/disembarkation have been slow.

Federal immigrations has improved procedures greatly.

And in coordination with RCL conditions have greatly improved.

We had no issues in January 2015 with em/disembarkation on our cruise.

I can't imagine why anyone would take the time to join Cruise Critic just to post a vague complaint and then just disappear without an explanation.

:p

I agree that the OP was vague, but they did say they would post more when they got home. As Navigator doesn't dock until tomorrow (Sunday) I am not surprised they haven't come back yet with what went wrong. Let's see if they come back tomorrow.;)

We had no problem with Navigator. We will gladly sail on it again....when it leaves Galveston! LOL Galveston is not the most convenient port, being so far from Houston. But, we also didn't enjoy how "county and western" the ship was out of there. EVERY announcement ended with "Yee Haw" or "Yeah buddy." Just not our taste. Even Bolero's (a Latin venue) was playing country and western music. For those who like that, great. But just not for us. So, we love Navigator, but will gladly sail her when she gets to Miami! YAY!

Peter

This will definitely be my biggest issue, if it still exists. I have yet to experience that out of Galveston, but would be disappointed if it was the case.

Be suckered into following a post like the OP's - NEVER AGAIN!!!

I have just booked Navigator of Next October Canaries, saw this thread title and thought 'oh no what have I done' ! Why would anyone do this. Glad to see all the positive comments though so at least I got something out of following it.