What to do following disembarkation...?

Hi, wondering if anyone has any ideas what to do to kill a few hours following disembarkation of ship in Miami (early morning) up until early evening when checking in for flight home? First time doing this so would appreciate any advice what to do with luggage and two young children....? :)

Ride Sun Trolley (Free)

Take a car service up to Fort Lauderdale and use the water taxi for the day (sightseeing with multiple hop on hop off stops). WaterTaxi.com

Find a place to store luggage and head over to Lincoln Road in Miami for shopping.

First..how late is your flight? If it's after 5pm, I'd compare prices for: Day room (where you have a place "to be", with pool, food, tv, bathroom/shower, etc...) to an excursion (which will drop you at the airport around 1pm), to a rental car (where you'll have your luggage, but be driving around sort of aimlessly) to paying a fee for an earlier flight!

You will be off the ship before 10am, because they really want you gone. Killing time is no fun!

Personally, if I couldn't change my flights, I'd opt for the day room!

Thanks for all the replies some good suggestions there.....:D

Hiring a car may be a good option for storage/travel...wondering how easy it is to get around in Miami though on a Friday.... may be quite busy? Could maybe go to a shopping mall for the day...?.

Like the idea of renting a room at the beach too. Our flight is at 1835 hours.... (is check in around 4 hours before?) So I guess we would have from around 9am - 1430 ish?