Navigator - Alaska - May 1-10, 2015

Is that the Nov 2016 trip? That's the one we are sniffing... :cool:

Yes -- that is the one. Not sure if you have sailed on the Riviera or Marina..... but the Explorer is touted to be even more beautiful (we find the two Oceania ships stunning!). Three of the four specialty restaurants on the Explorer will be new and, according to what I've heard, will be amazing.

Since you'll be on Regent, you may want to think about doing an on board booking to save money (okay -- I'll stop nagging now :))

I'll be following along as well and paying special attention to your shore excursion details.

We have booked the same itinerary next May on the Mariner. We live right across the SF Bay and are looking forward to our cab ride to the Pier and sailing away under the Golden Gate Bridge!

Have a great cruise!

Checking in... we made it. Ontime flight and seamless transfers from SFO to the port. We met my son and his GF for lunch at the Embarcadero.

Great dinner in Compass Rose... and getting settled in the cabin.

The internet is laughably slow; chalk it up to location for now...trying to upload some pics... if they get to the server, I'll post them tmrw.

Predicting rough seas tonite...sea day tmrw.

Very pleased with the Navigator... she sparkles on the inside.

Wow - great pictures already! Happy to learn that you arrived safely and are now enjoying life on the Navigator. Hope that the seas aren't too rough!

Yes -- internet can be slow but at times it isn't too bad (either that or we have simply becomes used to it when we are on a ship).

Continue to enjoy your cruise and keep us posted.:)

I for one would like your perspective on the new cruise terminal in San Francisco mainly the embarkation process. We will be doing this itinerary on Regatta next year so will be following your adventures with great interest :) safe travels!

I for one would like your perspective on the new cruise terminal in San Francisco mainly the embarkation process. We will be doing this itinerary on Regatta next year so will be following your adventures with great interest :) safe travels!

Pier 27... beautiful, clean and painless. The capacity is far bigger than what was needed for a ship this size. Thumbs up to the facility.

Just finished breakfast in Compass Rose. The food was excellent... the service was underwhelming.

We are doing a quick turnaround and back to CR for a wine tasting at 10:45 am

...the strangest time for a wine tasting that we have ever encountered. :p

American BBQ lunch today on the pool deck. Very windy and high seas....

Lots of interesting movement on this ship.

More to come...

We board May 10 right after your cruise!! Alaska is our favorite cruise!!

We are hanging on every detail & photo you post, keep them coming!!

Counting the days with much excitement !!:)

Thanks!!!

Internet is a little better today... we'll batch the photos at night and post then.

Wine tasting was a lot of fun... met all the sommiliers and had a chance to sample many of the included wines... very warm and casual.

Lunch shortly topside on a sunny day... with gale force winds. :eek:

Loads of fun to see most all guests bouncing off the walls as they traverse the halls.

Good to hear that you took part in the wine tasting. After all, it is 5:00 p.m. somewhere and you are on vacation:) What do you have planned for Astoria? We did the Ale Trail and loved it.

Looking forward to photographs!