Navigator - Alaska - May 1-10, 2015

Looking forward to your thoughts comparing Regent with Oceania and others. Your blog has been a magnet for so many readers. It's great that you've attracted previous Regent cruisers, Navigator cruisers, previous Alaska cruisers, future Alaska cruisers, future Regent cruisers.....

We have all enjoyed your posts and feel like we were there with you.

and will add this blog helped me decide to book for next yr. on same cruise.Was wavering between Oceania and Regent,but when I saw it was O ,,Regatta, knew I d have to upgrade to PH to get a tub,On Mariner still quite a few offer them. Know its odd,but it helps to determine choice..NEED my bubble bath,haha.

Ron, it was fun reliving our couple of Alaska cruises on the Navigator through your words and pics. Thanks for burning the midnight oil to get all those photos uploaded and posted! Looking forward now to your cruise review/recap and the additional shots you'll be sharing.

Rich

and will add this blog helped me decide to book for next yr. on same cruise.Was wavering between Oceania and Regent,but when I saw it was O ,,Regatta, knew I d have to upgrade to PH to get a tub,On Mariner still quite a few offer them. Know its odd,but it helps to determine choice..NEED my bubble bath,haha.

I love a good bubble bath Alexandra, especially in that kind of weather. But on ships, I make do with the hot tub, which I also adore. It is enticing to think of Mariner doing Alaska again--I loved Navigator, but never been on Mariner.

I've seen reports that the Navigator struck a fin whale and dragged the body into Burrard Inlet, the Vancouver port. Not known whether the wale was dead or alive at the time of the collision. Any information on this?

I had seen numerous reports that referenced an unnamed cruise ship and I wondered if this was just a re-hash of the 2009 incident that involved a Princess ship. Then I noticed a few stories that identified the Navigator, a ship I spent several delightful weeks on some years ago, and I was wondering if there was any form of confirmation from passengers

who were onboard.