Navigator - Alaska - May 1-10, 2015

Well.... we booked the TA. :o

Way to go. We'll be onboard also. BTW, thanks for the wonderful pics especially since we were supposed to be onboard this cruise and are almost second-guessing our decision to accept Regent's alternate cruise offer. We saw the Navigator in SF and The Boss almost strangled me dockside.

thinking of this same cruise next yr.but on Mariner.Have been to Alaska once many yrs. ago and on that ship too.

Enjoying all the info and great photos.Looks like the weather is not too bad either.

Plan on taking more out of town excursions,since we ve seen the cities .

Have till July 1st to decide,but looks good so far.Regent should give you some OBC for helping those on the fence decide.haha:)

We are considering the Navigator for Aug 19 cruise: Seward, Hubbard, Skagway, Juneau, Sitka, Prince Rupert, Inside passage, Vancouver.

Love your real-time reports and pics, and welcome input from others who have made this trip. Expecially interested in tips about the best excursions. Although this late, we may have trouble getting on them.

We are new to Regent--previous cruises on Crystal, Silversea, and RC--but have loved the all-inclusive, mid-size ships we have been on.

Hi Ron. Those King Crab legs look amazing! I am salivating. :D I'm really enjoying your posts. Continue to have a great cruise. Didn't you get seasick?? I almost turned green looking at your pics out of SF!:eek:

Fortunately... we have great "sea legs" and never get bothered.

(Knock wood)

We are currently slow sailing into Ketchikan.

Another glorious day... blue skies filled with float planes and warm sun.

We tour George Inlet and visit a lodge.

We are delayed an hour due to currents.

Krew Kapers was loads of fun... what a well produced show. Not your typical amateur hour.

Cruising the Inside Passage today... as a sea day.

Very cool and overcast.. but still smooth as silk.

We really were blessed with the weather we had in all ports.

Down time today, but the sad day when the suitcases come out from under the bed.

Would you advise spending pre cruise extra day in San Fran? If not, did you have plenty of time to get to ship?Did you use RR air or own?Which side of ship is best for balcony viewing?Did you need waterproof shoes,heavy raincoat or parka?Any tips for this trip apprecieated.LOVED you blog and pics.Thanks:)

Would you advise spending pre cruise extra day in San Fran? If not, did you have plenty of time to get to ship?Did you use RR air or own?Which side of ship is best for balcony viewing?Did you need waterproof shoes,heavy raincoat or parka?Any tips for this trip apprecieated.LOVED you blog and pics.Thanks:)

San Francisco is a great town...and loads to see.. a day or two early would be fine if you haven't been there (or has been a while since you last visited.)

We flew in same day from NYC and arrived about 10:30 a.m. Transfers to ship were quick and efficient. We checked in, dropped our hand luggage and met our son for lunch at Noon. Had a great day and plenty of time to reboard for sailaway.

We used Regent air... it was the exact flights we had picked as first choice for both legs... so we were happy with that.

So much of the cruising is in channels that either side is fine...but, if pushed, I would say Port side.

I have to believe that our weather was above average. But nights are cool and Ketchikan normally has three weather forecasts: it's going to rain, it's raining and it's stopped raining. So, it is a good idea to pack at least one warm jacket and some foul weather gear. It truly was hard to guess, and we ended up with an extra suitcase of just-in-case clothes.

Truly enjoyed traveling with you via CC. Hope you will do a review of this cruise when you get home - especially since you have not only cruised on the beautiful Marina but also the very large ships. After being on ships with tons of things to do every minute, did you find the Navigator too quiet? How did the food, service and suite measure up?

Since you booked the Explorer, it seems that you both enjoyed Regent. Still, would love to read your review.:)

After being on ships with tons of things to do every minute, did you find the Navigator too quiet? How did the food, service and suite measure up?

Funny you mention that... we have been so full of things to do the last two days. :p

(..not even time to finish with a last set of pics. I'll get them up soon... tonight or tmrw.)

We truly enjoyed the small ship... I admit I was wary. Never felt the size was an issue...

In the words of Angela (who said this more than once): "I could really, really get used to this."

The trip was excellent.. the ship, crew, service and food was all top notch.

Thank you Ron and Angela for sharing your cruise with us all. I have so enjoyed your pictures and commentary, it's been great to tune into the thread every day.

Have safe travels home and we eagerly await the rest of your pictures.

Jean.:)

Have gone through all of your photos and blog and enjoyed it immensley! My daughter and I did Alaska on the Navigator a few years ago and it brought back lots of happy memories. I must say however, you nailed the weather......we, not so much! Thank you for taking us all along!