is Celebrity for me?

murphy4

looking for opinions. I have done Disney, NCL, RCCL & Carnival. how does Celebrity compare? I love the casual relaxed dress code on NCL. for ladies are capri pants ok in the dining room? ages of passengers. 68,67,51,44 all ladies. we want to book the cheapest cabins just for a getaway. I am more concerned with the type of passengers on the ship (if that makes sense) we are not the "dress to the nines" type people.

cruise will be from Bayonne NJ to Bermuda.

thanks for any input

We love the Summitt and Bermuda. That itinerary is not always the lowest price, but on inside cabins, they have been running some special prices. Taxes run about $210. Bermuda is great, absolute fav island! Three day stay is great.

Capris are fine; dress them up a bit on two formal nights and all is good, and the age demographic should work fine. If during the summer, there will be more families and kids.

Most people dress proper in the MDR, and on formal night, more than RCL, Carnival, and especially NCL. Around the ship, I don't think it matters. From what I experienced, passengers tend to be a little more reserved, but are talkative as soon as someone breaks the ice.

If you go, I would bring at least one decent outfit to eat in the MDR a couple times, there's always the buffet, food on deck, or the Bistro for $7.

I'd describe the Celebrity passengers as pretty much like most other cruise line groups, maybe a bit more laid back. No congo lines, hairy chest contests and so on, but a good, fun group. If you like cruising and meeting people, it will work just fine.

I find Celebrity a bit more easly to meet and talk with others....excellent common areas for such.

As for 'proper' dress? During the day, its what you wear on any cruise line. For evenings, I'd stronly suggest you read up on the Celebrity Dress Code thread near the top of this forum. If there are 10 posts on a thread on what to wear, there will be 11 opinons....someone will change half way through their own post!

So I won't even venture to start discussing what to wear on formal nights.....read the posts in that threat, there are 850+ posts!

Enjoy, I bet you'll really love it as do 99+% of us.

Den

Edited by Denny01

People dress on Celebrity the same as on RCCL, Princess, etc. Capris are fine in the MDR on casual nights. Now, I've been on Carnival and have seen a few people dressed very inappropriately for most other cruise lines, which would stand out on Celebrity

I wouldn't use "dressed to the nines" to describe most people on formal night. Many do not wear formal clothes. If you want to wear capris on formal night, I would suggest a specialty restaurant (fee applies) or the buffet where you can get salads, sushi, pasta made to order, stir fries and meats grilled to order.

We find the people on Celebrity very friendly and I'm sure you will too. Enjoy your cruise on Summit.

I think Celebrity will be great for the women's cruise. Capris are fine with nice top for dining MDR. On formal night, I wear nice silky palazzo pants with a silk top or skirt with sparkly top.

You can bring two bottles of wine in or carry on per stateroom. Buy a beverage package.

You will find a great room service, great food in MDR, and nice outdoor bar beyond the buffet ,perfect for sailaways. Two pools, fun shows and time to share with your friends.

You mentioned being concerned about 'the type of passengers'. On Celebrity you will find primarily middle to upper middle class passengers - much like you would find in most of suburban America. As a general rule, passengers on Celebrity tend to enjoy a bit more of a classy atmosphere, rather than a party atmosphere. They are not, however, 'uppity' or stuffy, or anything like that, and on most cruises of 7-10 days you will see all ages, with a trending towards people in the age range you mention. Longer cruises, and other times of the year, might trend a little bit older. On formal nights, in the main dining room you will see everything from dressy capris with a nice top to slinky pants and sparkly tops to cocktail dresses. There is the occasional long formal dress but that is becoming increasingly rare. Most people try to dress up a bit - but I have found that slinky black pants with a sparkly top, or those same pants with a plain silky top and statement or other sparkly necklace is more than acceptable. At my age (60's) I have given up on fancy footwear and wear dressy flat sandals or a nice ballet-type slipper shoe. I would say you could wear what you might feel comfortable with at your average suburban wedding reception at a hall, or perhaps one step down from that.

We did an 11 nt last Nov and I would def say out of the lines I've been on (RCI, Princess, and Carnival) Celebrity was the most dressy on formal nights. I saw many tuxes and long gowns, but the majority was cocktail dresses and suits. We were def some of the youngest on board (mid to late 30s), with the majority of the pax 60+. On the second formal night we def saw some rolled eyes or stares when we were still in our tshirt and shorts from the day. Esp walking through the bars, there were so many people dressed up that we went back to the cabin to change, even though we ate almost all our meals in the buffet.