Getting thrown off the ship?

I am asking this question on behalf of a friend's boyfriend . Shes a regular RC cruiser and goes each summer and she is taking her new boyfriend with her. He wants to sneak alcohol on board and has been researching means to do so (first cruise for him). She is not a drinker and is petrified he will be thrown off the ship and has given him all the official stuff from their policy and he has given her examples of people getting through hes read about it. She asked me and I drew a blank and said I would ask about. I sail with a line that seems more relaxed about it all and have never heard of anyone been thrown off Carnival so could not help.

So my question is, has anyone ever got thrown off a RC ship for Booze smuggling?

They will be on a Summer Baltic cruise.

Edited by Velvetwater

They can disembark passengers for many reasons. Getting caught sneaking it onboard, they will just confiscate it (they scan your luggage and may see it that way) and not kick him off, most likely. If he gets caught doing something stupid onboard with it, like consuming it in public, and he's drunk, they have the discretion to disembark him. All told, most likely he won't be disembarked if he simply gets caught..but if he can afford a cruise to the Baltic, I don't know why he couldn't afford to buy some drinks. Drink package makes it convenient and with the cost increases, it probably is now worth it.

Edited by OTownNick

If caught you are summoned down to naughty room to open your luggage and if it is truly smuggled they will keep, and may give back last night. You have to now drag that luggage to your room.

If he throws a fit at them! That may get him thrown off, or at least warning/watch which all is going to put him most likely in a crappy mood which will probably lead to not better times is just a guess! Not a pleasant start to a 1st cruise.

Not only will he have to try to smuggle it onboard,he is gonna have to try to fly with it too? I think that would pose more of a problem and could result in his luggage being held up and delayed. It's not worth it to me for that aspect alone.

They can disembark passengers for many reasons. Getting caught sneaking it onboard, they will just confiscate it (they scan your luggage and may see it that way) and not kick him off, most likely. If he gets caught doing something stupid onboard with it, like consuming it in public, and he's drunk, they have the discretion to disembark him. All told, most likely he won't be disembarked if he simply gets caught..but if he can afford a cruise to the Baltic, I don't know why he couldn't afford to buy some drinks. Drink package makes it convenient and with the cost increases, it probably is now worth it.

Why would flying with booze cause his luggage to get held up and delayed?

I am asking this question on behalf of a friend's boyfriend . Shes a regular RC cruiser and goes each summer and she is taking her new boyfriend with her. He wants to sneak alcohol on board and has been researching means to do so (first cruise for him). She is not a drinker and is petrified he will be thrown off the ship and has given him all the official stuff from their policy and he has given her examples of people getting through hes read about it. She asked me and I drew a blank and said I would ask about. I sail with a line that seems more relaxed about it all and have never heard of anyone been thrown off Carnival so could not help.

So my question is, has anyone ever got thrown off a RC ship for Booze smuggling?

They will be on a Summer Baltic cruise.

If your new boyfriend does get thrown off are you going to stay on the ship or go with him?

If you look at my past threads/posts they clearly show I am married and a Carnival cruiser at present with a Baltic cruise already done and dusted. If I wanted to cruise RCL my thread would be 'we want to sneak booze on RCL...how safe is it?'...Im not shy!

I asked for advice not random useless comments.

Nick and Karen thanks for the responses. Like myself my friend and her fella are UK citizens so Baltic cruises are very cheap as they often sail from these shores.

Edited by Velvetwater

Sounds like a bad start to a relationship, imho. [emoji53] If she tells him she is uncomfortable breaking the rules, and he does it anyway, it says a lot about him.

I'm sorry your friend is going thru this on what should be the enjoyable planning of a vacation.

I say, if he gets thrown off, not to let it ruin her trip. [emoji4] Let him know she is staying, and let him do what he feels he has to. Try not to worry about his choices.

Tell her I'm hoping the best for her.

Sounds like a bad start to a relationship, imho. [emoji53] If she tells him she is uncomfortable breaking the rules, and he does it anyway, it says a lot about him.

I'm sorry your friend is going thru this on what should be the enjoyable planning of a vacation.

I say, if he gets thrown off, not to let it ruin her trip. [emoji4] Let him know she is staying, and let him do what he feels he has to. Try not to worry about his choices.

Thanks I will let her know..

He is a bit of a 'Jack the Lad' and does silly crap sometimes, as her mates we have to support her decisions I guess. Her parents are going with her so she would not be alone if worst came to worst...the cruise was originally just her and her parents anyway.

Ditto!

Oh, yeah, as friends we do have to support, even when we want to give the BF or GF they are dating a whack to the back of the head. [emoji6]

Worst case scenario, it will be just her and her parents.

Eons ago, I dated someone like that. I know how exhausting that can be, and how much I really appreciated my good friends for loving me through it.

Edited by barbeyg

I thought the same thing. Smuggling alcohol may not be the only rule he wasn't too break.

A few years ago someone posted an angry thread, because they got disembarked with no refunds on embarkation day for smuggling cigarettes inside one of those fake cans that looked like shaving cream.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

The other thing since you have done Baltic that checks/success can depend on time of year school breaks and such! Here in Florida spring break just finished, so I didn't even contemplate it! Sure enough I got stopped with my 2 allowed wine bottles! They checked and on my way with 2 bottles! Last trip I had an aft cabin and too obnoxious to go back and get more with drink package!

I say if going to try; think outside the box with items used! I found to little, and to much weight/room to bag to get it flown to start! To much of a hassle to accomplish on the road! I ain't dragging luggage to 7th floor or higher!

Happy cruising all!

Sounds like a bad start to a relationship, imho...

2nd ditto; just doesn't sound healthy or good! We all have to learn through life. I know I did! Ms Indy is my middle name.

Maybe.

But if this was a deal breaker, the divorce rate would be even higher. Thinking it would be pretty hard to find a married couple that did not have a few disagreements along these lines.

As to the original question, if they threw people off for "smuggled booze", there would be well over 100 people on the pier each cruise way good bye.

If you look at my past threads/posts they clearly show I am married and a Carnival cruiser at present with a Baltic cruise already done and dusted. If I wanted to cruise RCL my thread would be 'we want to sneak booze on RCL...how safe is it?'...Im not shy!

I asked for advice not random useless comments.

Nick and Karen thanks for the responses. Like myself my friend and her fella are UK citizens so Baltic cruises are very cheap as they often sail from these shores.

(I'm lurking on multiple lines' forums today and lots of people are going for the throat for no reason whatsoever. It was pretty obvious your post was sincere, people are WAY too excited to have a "gotcha" moment and score points against other people online. Sorry you were one of today's random victims.)

Edited by perditax

I would tell her to tell him that it's against the rules to smuggle booze on board and if he gets kicked off its his own fault.

She can sail without him and who knows there might be some other single gentlemen on board whom would be happy to entertain her for the cruise.

Well, you could always say that you spoke to another friend from the U.S. and his response to you was that your girlfriend should talk to her boyfriend and tell her that all time famous American saying:

................. NEXT !!!

Just because others are successful does not mean he won't get caught. People who got caught are much less likely to post about it.

Rather than have to sneak around and cause his GF stress, wouldn't he rather just get the drink package? Then you have lots of choices, and can even try new drinks! You can always leave them and get another if you don't like it!

So long as he doesn't act like a "other name for a donkey" the worst is things get confiscated and may/may not be returned at the end.

Just play dumb either way. Of course if he uses rum runners it will difficult to play dumb unless you want to say that you were trying to save weight in the luggage (a stretch, but people have said worse).

Heck I just buy the $35 package these days. Plenty of ciders out there (and a few <$8 wines) if I need to switch things up (from regular beers) and drink something sweeter. Works well for me. I've started to sail Celebrity more and they seem to throw in the packages anyway (not to mention often have cheaper suites than Royal).

Edited by JasonV1

I am a reformed smuggler , I smuggled booze on almost every cruise for last 20 years including at least 10 RCCL, never got caught, however now that RCCL has what I think to be a reasonable all you can drink package I now just by the package. Worst that would happen is they would take the booze away

Thanks I will let her know..

He is a bit of a 'Jack the Lad' and does silly crap sometimes, as her mates we have to support her decisions I guess.

Hmm, think so? I made some doozies of dating decisions, and while my friends supported ME, they never supported those decisions.

Maybe.

But if this was a deal breaker, the divorce rate would be even higher. Thinking it would be pretty hard to find a married couple that did not have a few disagreements along these lines.

If people *had* lines in the sand for who they dated, and being honest and respecting the wishes of brand new boy/girlfriends is a pretty basic line in the sand to draw, instead of dating and marrying people for reasons of attraction (or in one of my doozies, dating him because he smelled good), perhaps there woudn't be the future divorces from those marriages, because the marriages wouldn't have happened. Not sure those actual words made sense but I feel that the meaning is still there.