When will OBC "appear" and where?

samisone

Hi everyone,

When we booked our cruise on a big box internet TA it included OBC. They said they would credit our account within 2 weeks of sailing. We leave on Sunday and there is nothing on the HAL website that says we have OBC. Does it show up on the HAL website or will it most only appear once we are onboard?

Thanks for your help!

None of our shipboard credits show up on HAL's site.

Our TA gives us a copy of all the shipboard credit that we are due. She breaks it down from the various sources.

I make a copy of it so that if there are problems (and there has been) once we are on the ship, we can get it straightened out.

I always get a copy of our bill by day 2 or 3 to make certain that everything is in place.

If you book with a TA, you cannot see your OBC on the HAL website. If you book direct with HAL, you can. As others have said, take proof from your TA and check your onboard account early in the cruise to make sure the OBC has been posted to it.

In addition to bringing a copy of the OBC due to you, recommend you go to the front desk very early in the cruise and ask for a statement, which they will gladly provide. Then you can check for your OBC as should be listed 1st on the statement and if necessary, start working with them to get it correct.

We usually find a card in the cabin when we board that says "A gift from --------- " with the dollar amount of OBC listed on it.

Hmmm..I always have OBC from my TA (and sometimes from HAL) but I don't remember ever seeing one of those cards in my cabin on a HAL cruise.

We usually find a card in the cabin when we board that says "A gift from --------- " with the dollar amount of OBC listed on it.

We get shipboard credit from our TA, American Express and Carnival Corporation -- never have we gotten a card in the cabin from any of them in the cabin.

Hmmm..I always have OBC from my TA (and sometimes from HAL) but I don't remember ever seeing one of those cards in my cabin on a HAL cruise.

If you purchase on line OBC under indulgences in your account, or friends for you it will be in your room in a nice white fold over card with a blue seal. On the front it says gift. Inside it says a gift for you from etc. you will have like a credit card.

Any OBC from registering a deposit on board while Crusing will show the amount of OBC for stateroom category as well as length of cruise. That as well as booking through HAL after you get a Thankyou email for cruising and that is also put on your OBC if you book with HAL. That is how it works for me. Just did it again for our trip! It will only show on your HAL account. Now your TA might have something with his or her co. Which would go on your account through their site. I had that several yrs. ago w/our TA.

MY OBC from my TA always shows up on the invoice I get - it also shows the OBC I get from HAL for booking a cruise. I also always have OBC from a FCD and from the Welcome Home email. That also shows up on the invoice. I also have OBC from CCL from owning CCL stock. That sometimes shows up on the invoice.

I have never a received a card in my cabin showing any of the OBC. That's why I go to the Front desk on Day 2, get a print out and make sure it's all there.

We always get OBC from our TA when we book, but we may or may not have a card in our room with the "gift" info. We always go to the front desk no later than the next day and request a copy of our statement. So far it has always been correct. On another note, we also get a copy of our statement a couple of days before the end of the cruise, and again, we have not found any errors. This is one area I have no complaints about the HAL front desk staff.

Krazy Kruizers

Because you KK, always seem to have the answers I am asking you this question. How soon is final payment due? We have a BTB with 2 separate invoices so I would like to put aside the appropriate dollars when necessary.

Thanks for your help (as usual!)

Quendryth

(Faith)

Edited by Quendryth
errors

How soon is final payment due?
It varies with the itinerary. For your AK cruise it should be 75 days before sailing, but check with your TA/PCC/paperwork to be sure.

Edited by jtl513

Booking with our PCC we see our OBC in our account online. Now I also have booked direct with a HAL rep on the phone prior to our PCC and it would show on our account. With our old TA it would show up their end and we received receipts.
Where on the website do you find it?