Email for OBC to book Anthem of the Seas

dsvd79

Did anyone else get a similar email?

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International®

Michael Bayley

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for being one of the first to sail onboard Quantum of the Seas. As the newest ship in our fleet, Quantum introduced many new concepts—which, I'm sure, is part of the reason you wanted to be among the first to experience it all. I know that things were not perfect, especially in the first few months of the inaugural season as we worked to refine the experience we set out to deliver. We listened to your feedback and it was clear we had some room to improve, especially with Dynamic Dining.

Many of you liked the flexibility of Dynamic Dining, but encountered issues with making reservations. Others simply wanted the more traditional dining experience to which they were accustomed on other ships. I assure you that we learn more with every sailing and with every comment we receive, and I'm pleased to announce that we've come up with a way to satisfy diners in either camp. Now, our more traditional diners can choose Dynamic Dining Classic, a new option that gives you the familiarity of traditional main dining by having the same dining times nightly, same waiters and same table companions throughout the cruise. And those of you who liked Dynamic Dining can enjoy even more flexibility and improved service throughout the experience, with Dynamic Dining Choice. We've already received a lot of positive feedback about these new options, and I can't wait to hear how you like it once you experience it for yourself.

As a gesture of goodwill and a thank you for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean, I invite you to come back and try the new and improved Dynamic Dining on our newest ship, Anthem of the Seas, and enjoy a gift of $100 in onboard credit per stateroom when you secure your booking in May.

Again, thank you for being our guest. We hope to welcome you aboard soon.

Sincerely,

President Signature

Michael Bayley

President and CEO

Royal Caribbean International®

I had to check, but just found the same email. I guess they read my survey comments. Lol

Sadly, $100 doesn't quite tip the scales to get me aboard Anthem. I hope May brings on some prices like last May. [emoji410]

I have nothing. DW and I were on the Dec 12 Q sailing. And on top of that, we just booked an Anthem cruise the other day!

I did not get the e-mail directly but found out through my TA. I think it might be that if you booked with a TA, the TA was informed and told to contact those that were to get it. I do not know if that is the case, I just know it was what happened on my end. We were on the Dec.1 Quantum and will be on the Nov 30 Anthem. She contacted Royal and we got the $100.

I did not get the e-mail directly but found out through my TA. I think it might be that if you booked with a TA, the TA was informed and told to contact those that were to get it. I do not know if that is the case, I just know it was what happened on my end. We were on the Dec.1 Quantum and will be on the Nov 30 Anthem. She contacted Royal and we got the $100.

Glad you got the $100 OBC. When did you book Anthem?

Glad you got the $100 OBC. When did you book Anthem?

I didn't get the email but had sailed Q in Jan and had already booked the Anthem last Oct. I called C&A and was told that I could have it applied but they would re-price my cruise at today's rates which is more than the obc they are offering so it is no deal for me.

I didn't get the email but had sailed Q in Jan and had already booked the Anthem last Oct. I called C&A and was told that I could have it applied but they would re-price my cruise at today's rates which is more than the obc they are offering so it is no deal for me.

I would call back and ask for Resolutions. After all, they are giving it to you to repeat, they should not re-price. To my knowledge we weren't.

While we were on one of the sea days back to Bayonne on the Quantum

I would call back and ask for Resolutions. After all, they are giving it to you to repeat, they should not re-price. To my knowledge we weren't.

Again....happy you got the OBC. We booked in December. Two calls to C&A and was told no exceptions. Cruise had to be booked between April 13 - May 31. :confused:

I didn't get an e-mail either. However I do have Anthem already booked so that is probably the reason why. I called C&A to ask if that $100.00 can be applied to my existing booking and the answer was no. It does indicate that the OBC will be for bookings made for 4/13-5/31 so I can understand that.

Again....happy you got the OBC. We booked in December. Two calls to C&A and was told no exceptions. Cruise had to be booked between April 13 - May 31. :confused:

I called yesterday (Saturday) to ask about applying the $100 OBC to the Anthem cruise for next June. We had originally booked this one a year ago on the ship and back on April 2nd we called to change the cruise from this Nov to next June.

She was not sure about it and after checking with the Supervisor, she said that by the terms of the offer, I could not get it due to the dates I made the booking/change. But, she said she could 're-book' the cruise and apply all the existing discounts & OBC to the new one in addition to the added $100. Basically, she canceled the exisiting booking and opened up a new booking. I was on hold while she did this. The cabin costs were the same now as when I booked it previously on April 2nd. It took about 10-15 minutes....

When she was done, I had a new reservation ID with all the same stuff from the old reservation, ALMOST..... When I had changed the booking to June 2016 back on April 2nd, the 'taxes, fees and port expenses' was $168.50 per person. Now the fees have increased to $192.85 per person. She said that the fee increase came through just recently. I looked on the web site for a current booking on the same cruise and the web site agreed wiith her numbers. I commented that I still came out ahead, but not as much as I thought I would. She said that I would eventually have to pay the increased fees, but I kind of doubt that.... :confused:

One thing to check before calling to try to get the $100 OBC applied is to check for the costs of a current booking on the same cruise. Confirm that the fees and cabin cost for your cruise is the same as you currently have. If they have increased, decide if it is worth the hassle....

I thought that when you moved a booking, example a Next cruise, and kept the booking number - the port taxes and fees were the taxes as of the date that you purchased the next cruise, or did the onboard booking.

Am I wrong ?

I thought that when you moved a booking, example a Next cruise, and kept the booking number - the port taxes and fees were the taxes as of the date that you purchased the next cruise, or did the onboard booking.

Am I wrong ?

You are correct, but not in my case. Due to the date limitations on getting the additional $100 OBC, my existing booking was not elegible. The only way to get the additional $100 added was to create a brand new booking (new reservation id number) with the same line items I had previously. The previous OBC from my old booking was put on the new booking along with the new OBC. Since this was new, I got the current cabin price and fees on the new reservation. For me, the cabin cost was the same, but the fees had gone up since I previously booked the cruise on April 2nd.

I really do not know why she volunteered to go to all the extra trouble & time to do this for me. I called around 9:00am on Saturday. They picked up the phone in about 30 seconds. Maybe it was 'slow'..... But, I appreciated it. Even with the extra cost of increased fees, I came out ahead about $40. If I had realized what was going to happen and that the fees had gone up, I probably would not have bothered for that relatively small amount. But then again, maybe I will use the $40 to buy a nice shirt on the Anthem.... :)

I did not get the email but my TA told me about it. I sailed Quantum in November and booked Anthem months ago and she got me the $100 credit. It is applied and reflected on my updating booking documents she sent. :D

Do you still have the same Reservation ID number?

I did not get the email but my TA told me about it. I sailed Quantum in November and booked Anthem months ago and she got me the $100 credit. It is applied and reflected on my updating booking documents she sent. :D

Is the price of your cabin still the same? I was told that to apply the obc I would need to be re-priced at today's rate which is over $200 more than when I booked.