Not excited for the American Table menu

Riley's Mom

I'm disappointed with the change as well. I liked the old menu, and having it once every few years didnt get old, and I dont think it ever would for me, even if we cruised several times per year.

Food is so subjective it really must be hard to please everyone, and given the limited facilities and a need to stay consistent across the lines various ships a change in menu must be a big undertaking.

Having said that I do wish that the lines would mix the menus up a bit more.

I'm disappointed with the change as well. I liked the old menu, and having it once every few years didnt get old, and I dont think it ever would for me, even if we cruised several times per year.

I had no complaints about the old menu's. Loved them...but if you cruise a couple times a year they do get stale. It kinda takes the fun out of the dining experience when you already know exactly what you are going to order for dinner every night before you even step foot on the ship!:p

We just experienced it on the Breeze on our 4/5/15 sailing. I like some others have posted was really wanting something different. I enjoyed it, although I cannot say I loved it. It different and change s good. A couple of new dinner items I LOVED.

I am looking forward to it. Very tired of the old menu and was really unhappy with it when it was new. Glad to see it going!

Don't want to temper your enthusiasm, but there are still a number of the same items on the new menu. Most notable was the removal of comfort foods....

Don't want to temper your enthusiasm, but there are still a number of the same items on the new menu. Most notable was the removal of comfort foods....

Hey if they removed the comfort foods that is good news to me. I didn't like that part because I just don't associate meatloaf, fried chicken, etc with a MDR menu. Now for the buffet that would be okay but was strange to see on the MDR menu.

I like items that I have never tried. Hoping there will be lots of these.

Does anyone know where the full American Table Menu can be found? I would have thought someone would have posted it by now.

Hey if they removed the comfort foods that is good news to me. I didn't like that part because I just don't associate meatloaf, fried chicken, etc with a MDR menu. Now for the buffet that would be okay but was strange to see on the MDR menu.

I like items that I have never tried. Hoping there will be lots of these.

Does anyone know where the full American Table Menu can be found? I would have thought someone would have posted it by now.

I wish I had taken pics. If you search I am sure some has posted some here, not sure if they are the latest version though.

With the trends in foods, restaurants, and chefs in today's environment you will very seldom get the same menu items every time you go into your favorite restaurants today. The restaurant business lives on change today. The ships are just trying to replicate the food choices and styles that you find in the restaurants today. They are also trying to provide foods that will appeal to the large variety of people that cross the MDR thresholds every single day of the week. There are no land restaurants in the world that serve that many plates each and every day. It is extremely funny to find this same discussion over and over again on this board. AND it always start with someone who has never tried the American Table menu but is sure they will not like it. To put it simply, if you cannot find anything on a menu that you will like, then you are the one with the problem, not the menu. Grow up! This is no different than every other restaurant you have ever been to or will ever go.

We had it on Liberty and I loved it. I thought the veal parmesan I had was very good and I loved the Beef Wellington. I didn't miss the ribs as they previously were on elegant night which, to me, was a really stupid idea.

There are many of the old favs on the new menu as well as some new ones. I guess I don't understand why people are complaining about the new menu. I know originally it wasn't that great, but with the tweaks, I think it's far better than the old one.

If you want to see the actual menu, do a google search and look for the posting of the Breeze menu by Zydecocruiser. I think that's the newest one and it is pretty complete.

Some people just don't adapt well to change and complain before they have even tried something. Give it a fair chance and if you still don't like it, that's fair. I know not everyone will like the same things.