Med in October

TMaine

We are planning on the October 15 sailing RT Barcelona this year and just wanted to know what we can expect for weather? We were there in September 2012 and it was beautiful. Thanks!

It will be a little cooler - probably in the mid-70's for highs. I would be prepared for rain.

I have been in the Med in October. Weather is okay. I have had all kinds of weather. Be prepared for some cooler weather and possible rain. Most of the time it is sunny and nice. Last year, at the end of October, we wore shorts. It was hot. I prefer the Med in fall and spring when temperatures are cooler. Summer is way too hot and ports are crowded. Go and enjoy!

We are planning on the October 15 sailing RT Barcelona this year and just wanted to know what we can expect for weather? We were there in September 2012 and it was beautiful. Thanks!

We were there two weeks earlier in 2014. It was mid 20s in Italy, Greece and Turkey and 30+ in Malta. No rain. But a couple of weeks will mean a little cooler, and more likelihood of storms.

We've cruised E Med in early Nov and W Med/TA mid Nov. most ports were very nice w low crowds and good WX. We did start fm Venice and had rain and Venice flooded. Walked through Piazza San Marco (sp) on little wood walkways one day.

But you are asking about WX months away which means we can tell you the averages but that is meaningless for your specific time except it gives you a feel that it isn't that cool there......usually.

Good luck. Many people tour then for cooler wx, low crowds and lore prices.

Edit: wiltonian gave you temps in C°.

Den

Edited by Denny01

It depends on what you are calling the med

Greece and Turkey have a hitter climate than France and Spain that time of year

We've had one year where it was shirts all the way and the following gone it rained every day. I would go for layers and take awTerproof

We did September last year instead but got lots of rain in the Adriatic, so you will find Greece, Turkey and southern Italy better weather

We went in mid October & had perfect weather with temps in the low to mid 70s.

Just google October weather for each port & you can see temps & precipitation to get a better idea. Personally, I would pick May or October, as you would avoid the heat & the crowds.