anyone ever done this

sullyd

we are going to be on the summit in may , daughter on breakaway .any chance she and hubby could have dinner w/us on ship and vice a versa?? Sounds like a long shot to me , but just wondering....

You could call X and see, but I don't think so. Aside from pre-cruise wedding parties (which have their own security protocol), I've never heard of anyone -- other than ticketed passengers -- allowed onboard any X ship, in port.

I'm assuming that you're talking about Dockyard, Bermuda. Why not just meet in town and have dinner there? The Frog and Onion Pub, and the Bonefish Grill, are both easy walking distance from the pier. :)

Edited by wwcruisers

It may be tough to do on a sea day.

If you are in the same port on the same day you may have a better chance but I doubt it as security is the issue and there is nothing for either ship to benefit except a lot of extra work and maybe lawsuits.

If you really need to dine with them do it at a restaurant in a port.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I know this is none of my business, but why didn't you all pick one ship or the other if you are going to the same place in the same week?

she is on honeymoon , we volunteered to drive them to nyc . and spend a couple of days there , found it about the same to go on cruise for 7 days w/ drinks and tips included on summit .

she is on honeymoon , we volunteered to drive them to nyc . and spend a couple of days there , found it about the same to go on cruise for 7 days w/ drinks and tips included on summit .

They should have canceled their cruise and booked the better deal.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

They should have canceled their cruise and booked the better deal.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

she has better deal on break away . and not comfortable going on same ship w/ honeymooning daughter .

I am sure you could purchase a ticket and then it will be possible, other than that you'll have to meet up and have your meal which will be more enjoyable with the place you destined to then the same ole cruise food, get some culture food

That explains it! We were on a cruise once where a group of friends and family (not us) tagged along on a honeymoon cruise -- we knew this because they all had t shirts with the info and had decorated their doors. I must say, the tagalongs seemed much more enthusiastic than the honeymoon couple.

On a more serious note, the Frog&Onion at Dockyard would be a great meeting place for a meal and maybe a few drinks, it has a lovely Old English pub feel to it. We go there every time we are in Bermuda.

Edited by cynbar

That explains it! We were on a cruise once where a group of friends and family (not us) tagged along on a honeymoon cruise -- we knew this because they all had t shirts with the info and had decorated their doors. I must say, the tagalongs seemed much more enthusiastic than the honeymoon couple.

On a more serious note, the Frog&Onion at Dockyard would be a great meeting place for a meal and maybe a few drinks, it has a lovely Old English pub feel to it. We go there every time we are in Bermuda.

There are a lot better places for dinner on Bermuda - Fourways, Waterlot, Newport Room, Tom Moore's just to mention a few.

we are going to be on the summit in may , daughter on breakaway .any chance she and hubby could have dinner w/us on ship and vice a versa?? Sounds like a long shot to me , but just wondering....

Think of it this way. Should you be allowed to invite persons onto a passenger plane without them going through the security procedures? Remember the names of all passengers are provided to security prior to sailing. There is simply no way to 'vet' your guests.

It has been about 4 years since we have been to Bermuda but there we some nice restaurants in the Dockyard to meet and eat. I believe they both ships still dock there. Also at night they had local crafts fair at the fort.