Carnival Spirit running late...21 April

From the Sydney Cafe cam....

http://www.cafesydney.com/gallery/live-cam/

....you can see the fuel barge alongside...

Wonder if they will get any of the damage fixed so she can sail tonight.?

Ports of Sydney Daily Movements have her down for 19.00 hrs .

My money is on her getting out on time, provided the weather stays OK.

By the looks of the rain radar the centre of the low is offshore Sydney heads at the moment. There will probably be some more rain this afternoon. If they do get away this evening they'll probably have to run through the tail of the storm.

Its a most unusual storm.

Usually when Sydney has bad weather , we get it over here 3 days later, but this time there is a big high coming up the Tasman which is keeping the system away from us and making it stay where it is.

Its a most unusual storm.

Usually when Sydney has bad weather , we get it over here 3 days later, but this time there is a big high coming up the Tasman which is keeping the system away from us and making it stay where it is.

I heard your high had actually pushed the low our way.

:confused:That high hasn't even got to us yet.:D

However Spirit is moving away , as I tap away.:):)

YEY!! Wonder how many are on her now?

Couldn't imagine many would take the full refund.

Edited by Hazydavo

YEY!! Wonder how many are on her now?

Couldn't imagine many would take the full refund.

Why not? They've already lost two days, I think. Plus the next day will be ploughing through heavy seas - it's still foul weather in Sydney. It's, what, a seven day cruise? Five days left of which one will be very uncomfortable for many people. I'd take the refund and choose another cruise.

Why not? They've already lost two days, I think. Plus the next day will be ploughing through heavy seas - it's still foul weather in Sydney. It's, what, a seven day cruise? Five days left of which one will be very uncomfortable for many people. I'd take the refund and choose another cruise.

Thought they'd only lost a day? Could be wrong.

I guess people may have leave booked, they're already in Sydney, they were looking forward to their cruise...many reasons.

I guess I'd still go and make the most of it.

But you could be right maybe some who have the flexibility would want to get the refund and chose another.

[size="2Wonder if they will get any of the damage fixed so she can sail tonight.?

[/size]

I don't think there was a lot of damage.

I saw some pics of the pool deck which was meant to have some broken glass and didn't see any. Probably 1 or two sheets, which can be easily covered. Plus the usual crockery that they continually replace anyway.

Thought they'd only lost a day? Could be wrong.

I guess people may have leave booked, they're already in Sydney, they were looking forward to their cruise...many reasons.

I guess I'd still go and make the most of it.

But you could be right maybe some who have the flexibility would want to get the refund and chose another.

Yep, only one day lost. They're skipping one of the island stops, but the rest of the itin stays the same.

Plus if you stay on the cruise, you still get that day's refunded, plus an OBC. Purely on the maths, you're slightly ahead if you go. But very fair offer from them if e.g. you wanted to see that island in particular.

I was on this cruise and it was pretty terrifying, after 4 cruises never thought I would be so happy to get off the boat lol

we had winds up to 185kms and 11m waves, one of the decks were flooded and there was water coming down from the top decks down into the glass elevators, some ppls balconys smashed and a lot of the glass up on the top deck, the satellite cover blew off and stuff was smashing everywhere and the dinning rooms and the vents in the hallways near the rooms in my corridor fell out, all the stuff in our room flew off the tables and our tv fell off our wall too, was pretty full on tbh BUT the staff were absolutely wonderful at trying to keep our minds at ease And us entertained. And they gave us $50 credit and 25% off our next cruise as well as refunded money we spent on wifi for the past day which they did not have to do as it is in noway there fault.