Live Review - Anthem of the Seas - Maiden Voyage - 22nd April

On another thread an RCI rep on board Anthem now has confirmed in writing that bookings made prior to the change will be honoured as a set fee.

That's what I'm hoping for too! I will try to get it confirmed on board. We're not booked for Jamies on this cruise but have already booked it for our Transatlantic in October - so i'm hoping that they honour it!

That's what I'm hoping for too! I will try to get it confirmed on board. We're not booked for Jamies on this cruise but have already booked it for our Transatlantic in October - so i'm hoping that they honour it!
'

Have a great maiden voyage! Looking forward to your review, as we are on the TA in October as well. I don't think I've seen you on our Roll Call. When you return, please come over and join us!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2105214

Have a great time!

Jamie is now a la Carte? Please don't. They are taking the best thing out from the ship!! We had it in March on Quantum and thought $15 for lunch is a steal!! We had all the meat plank, shrimp pasta, cakes and sorbets. They were all so good!! Their pasta and sorbets are the best on the ship!! Got to try!!

OP, hope you have great trip on Anthem!! Love to follow along!! :)

We love Dynamic Dining on Quantum. (Hate the online booking part, but love the freedom to choose time and cuisine for the cruise.) Now that we have done DD, don't get me back to classic to sit at same table every night. I don't think I like that anymore.

Also suggest you to look for the pressed penny machine at American Icon. Hope Anthem has one and please show us their unique coins!! The one on Quantum is forever broken and we didn't even see a glimpse of the machine.

Definitely, definitely yes please!!! Could I ask one favour? Please could you find out if Devinly Decadence is complimentary for dinner. There are so many conflicting opinions out there I would just like to know for definite. Many thanks and have a brilliant cruise :):):)

Is devinly decadence just for suite guests only?

We are on anthem in June and I have been hoping someone would do a live review before then so definitely will be following! Would be appreciated if you could post the Internet package prices and how well it works. I enjoyed booking the restaurants in advance and am looking forward to dynamic dining! Hope you have a great cruise!

The day has finally arrived and Thats the holiday started!

It was a frantic night of ironing and packing last night - not sure why I was so unprepared as I'm normally packed a week before.

We're currently on route to Glasgow airport to catch the first flybe flight down to Southampton.

All being well we should arrive at the port for 10am so hopefully there might be the possibility of some early embarkation! If not there will be a hell of a lot of coffee drunk!

I'm looking forward to see Anthem and checking out how smoothly the sidewalk to ship in 15 pledge works out! (I'm expecting some delays as it will be the port staffs first commercial cruise using the technology but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!)

I'm looking forward to see Anthem and checking out how smoothly the sidewalk to ship in 15 pledge works out! (I'm expecting some delays as it will be the port staffs first commercial cruise using the technology but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!)

Friends who boarded this morning said...port to ship - 10 minutes :D

Red carpet, champagne, photographers, cheering, folks at the side of the rope barriers...felt like a film premier they said :D

So totally different to Quantum's Maiden Voyage.

Red carpet, champagne, photographers, cheering, folks at the side of the rope barriers...felt like a film premier they said :D

Only downside - Simon Cowell is on the ship! :eek:

Because we Brits know how to do things correctly with style.

Just got off after the Naming Ceremony and she is terrific, had a fab time.

No more Dynamic Dining ,it is now called Classic Dining with 2 sittings and your eating venue rotates, seems to work well and the food was gorgeous, just like cruise food used to be.

Just got off after the Naming Ceremony and she is terrific, had a fab time.

No more Dynamic Dining ,it is now called Classic Dining with 2 sittings and your eating venue rotates, seems to work well and the food was gorgeous, just like cruise food used to be.

There is still Dynamic Dining. Classic is in addition to regular Dynamic.

OP, if possible could you inquire at one of the 4 main restaurants about the seating capacity? In another thread someone mentioned that somehow they squeezed 100 more seats into the venues and wanted to find out if the original 422 capacity has indded gone up. Thanks.

With the addition of that many seats and the opening of Devinely Decadance as a fifth included dining choice, the Quantum class could get close to the other ships in the fleet in terms of being able to sit almost 1/2 the guests in one sitting for dinner. That opens up the possibility of many more Classic Dining slots available for booking (which apparently is proving popular).

Edited by Biker19

On another thread an RCI rep on board Anthem now has confirmed in writing that bookings made prior to the change will be honoured as a set fee.

Yet I've had it confirmed that all reservations prepaid come back as OBC. Not much use when some if the entrees are $25 each.

I'm more upset that Divinely Decadence is now a al carte- we were really looking forward to that one.