What's in your carry-on bags?

guxu

In those FTTF threads, it seems that people have bulky/heavy carry-ons. I do not think all of them are carrying soda/water. So What's in your carry-on bag(s)?

For us,

Me: Backpack. Two iPad, DSLR + 2 lens, ipad/camera/cellphone chargers and cables (for whole family).

DW: Handbag, with passports/travel docs and her stuff in it.

DD: Very small backpack. A book, iPod, her small camera, a deck of cards (from Carnival or other cruise lines).

DS: Sling bag he got from Carnival or other cruise lines. Sunscreen and whatever stuff DW wants to put in it.

While my backpack is large and DS's bag might be heavy (if DW puts 4 bottles of water in it), we do not have problem having them with us in Lido buffet.

Off the top of my head, this is what we would have.

All meds.

Camera & Charger

Laptop & charging cords

Kindle

2 Bottles of Wine

6 or 8 pack of small soda bottles

6 bottles of water

Charging cords for cell phones

USB / Extra Outlet device

That liquid certainly makes the bags heavy!

my purse would have all the travel documents and we take a small roll on suitcase that has the wine/cokes/meds. This roll on goes straight to the room no matter what time we board along with my purse that gets put in the safe. We carry nothing around except the sail and sign card and beverage of choice.:D

We have never had a problem with stewards for dropping off stuff in the room before it may be "officially" ready.

I have a small carryon tote and my purse. Usually I carry money, id, medications, electronics plus enough clothes to get me through a couple days IF something were to happen to my checked bag (either through the airline flight to the port or at the port).

I am paranoid - especially when flying in addition to cruising. My carry on contains:

All cruise documents, passport, flight info, excursion info etc...

2 sets of clean underwear

1 shorts

1 capris

2 tops

1 bathing suit

netbook (I love to download my pictures each night)

all medication

all makeup and hair stuff

In my purse aside from wallet and regular purse stuff:

camera

Kindle

I wouldn't let losing my bag ruin my trip and figure worse comes to worse, I can still have a great cruise with just those items... so that is what I have along until I am able to put it in my cabin - it is on wheels and easy to just drag along with me. :D

Toiletries, makeup, a blow-dryer (if its an older ship with those crappy ones), medications, a couple pairs of underwear and socks, a t-shirt, and a couple of paperbacks. Maybe a jacket or a spare turtleneck/jeans depending on weather. Purse contains travel and cruise docs, wallet and reading/sunglasses. The purse is about 4"x6", and the carry-on is a 12" duffel. Duffel bags rule: you can cram a ton of stuff in there. Add a 19" roller, and I'm all set for a week or more.

We only travel with carryons so everything we need is in them!

Same here. My carry on bag has shorts, tee shirts, polo shirts, dockers, water shoes and hats, briefs, sox and swimsuits.

A shoulder bag has the essential travel docs, meds, camera and binoculars.

I'm not moving, I'm just cruising!

Hole punch so as son as I get my card I can put it on the lanyard.

BIG mug with lid, fill it with ice once in Platinum check in, add a little bourbon from the RR in my pocket and add water. Cruise now starts.

Passport, boarding pass, CC door sign and porthole self stick on for the door, itinerary which I will later tape up on the mirror so I know where I'm going.

Book I'm reading, crosswords from Sunday paper (since I usually start on Sunday cruises).

Money bag--yes, I still use a fanny pack!

Lysol wipes.

Wine or champagne.

The purse doubles as a beach bag.

I usually carry a large purse with Kindle Fire, make-up, hair brush and curling iron and medications in it. I also carry a 19" roller with bathing suits and 4 days worth of clothes, an extra pair of shoes and toiletries. I do this just in case my luggage is lost or delayed.

My DH carry's a backpack with all our cruise docs/passport/electronics, etc.

This last cruise I also got him to use a 14" roller to put a bathing suit in as well as a change of clothes and his dock kits with his toiletries, razor, etc.

We have never had an issue with bags not arriving as we usually take non-stop direct flights, but you just never know. I say best to be prepared.

Meds, cruise docs, curling iron, kindle or tablet, camera, chargers, a couple of bottles of water, wine, toiletries and some makeup.

The water and wine are heavy. I bring the water so that when I get off the ship I don't have to carry the huge ones for sale in the cabin. I used to bring Pepsi for DH as he preferred Pepsi to Coke.

This time we are flying to the port so I will have an extra outfit of clothing with me. I'm not happy that it's not a direct flight as I think having to change planes makes for a bigger chance the luggage won't be there when we arrive. When DH and I would cruise, we would cross pack but now that he isn't going with me, I am worried.

Just realized my daughter still uses the old iPod nano we bought her years ago, while she can listen her music from her cellphone.

Better to lose an old Nano than a cellphone.

We normally carry on everything. The few times we checked baggage we've carried on the important stuff and a change of clothing, JIC our luggage gets lost or went swimming.

I technically have two carry-ons. A small backpack and an oversized handbag.

Inside is my wallet, cruise documents as well as all other documents (such as passport), medications, 2 bottles of wine (one for me and one for my SO), an extension cord, small laptop and charger, phone and phone charger, cameras and camera chargers, chapstick, hand sanitizer, sunglasses and cash for tips.

Pop, water, wine (if I bring any), medications, and a change of clothes.

Then I have my backpack that contains cruise documents, passports, cameras, iPad, headphones, sunglasses, extra glasses, lanyards, and anything else that will fit

Off the top of my head, this is what we would have.

All meds.

Camera & Charger

Laptop & charging cords

Kindle

2 Bottles of Wine

6 or 8 pack of small soda bottles

6 bottles of water

Charging cords for cell phones

USB / Extra Outlet device

That liquid certainly makes the bags heavy!

All this plus change of clothes for 2 kids, swimsuits, snacks for the kids, baby food, frozen breastmilk, stroller, carseats, diaper bag, small blanket for youngest child, toys, sunblock... there's more I'm forgetting. Once I also ended up lugging my 85 year old great aunt's belongings as well...FTTF is worth it for us.