Back to Backs in Different Cabins

BosoxI

Later this year DW and I will be doing three in a row on the Eclipse but in three different cabins. Two of them are right down the passageway from each other, but the third is on a different deck and half a ship's length away. What can we expect? I'm not wild about packing every little thing twice. :confused:

You can move yourself or your stateroom attendant will help you move. Generally, you talk to your attendant a day or so in advance. He or she will bring you a luggage cart, pile stuff on it and move. We have never been required to re-pack, but some have noted they couldn't move items on the hangers. We just throw our stuff on the cart and roll on down the road. Bring the hangers back from the next stateroom. As always, check the drawers and safe.

Normally one has to pack everything except the hanging items. On Solstice class ships the hangers are completely removable and one can just bring back an equal number from the new cabin. Stateroom attendant help varies depending on the cabin level.

We always speak to our room steward and also the steward for our new room. That way they both know we are onboard sailing consecutively. They can assist you in moving as soon as the new room is clean and ready for you. Informing your next steward will enable them to prioritize the cleaning of that room. They can also provide a rolling rack for moving hanging clothes, you don't have to repack things that hang.

We changed cabins on a B2B on Infinity. The room steward actually moved our things. We went on an excursion the turn around day and came back to our new cabin. Tipped the steward $20.

We did have to pack our things for the steward.

We changed cabins on a B2B on Infinity. The room steward actually moved our things. We went on an excursion the turn around day and came back to our new cabin. Tipped the steward $20.

We did have to pack our things for the steward.

We've never had a stateroom attendant move items in the safe, so I am assuming you moved the contents. Am I correct?

We've never had a stateroom attendant move items in the safe, so I am assuming you moved the contents. Am I correct?

The room stewards do not have access to the safes. You'll need to handle that on your own.

A word re hangers: if you're on one of the ships that has those dreadful hangers that have a little nub that slips into a fixed thing on the rod, you will not be able to move your clothes on those--nothing to hang on the moving cart. I have always requested wire hangers from my cabin steward and moved the clothes on those.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

The room stewards do not have access to the safes. You'll need to handle that on your own.

Linda: I certainly realize that stateroom attendants don't have access to the safes, so I am somewhat confused by 4774Papa's post. The stateroom attendants generally have you remove the safe contents of your old room, and then they walk you to the new room (after the previous occupants have left but often not before it has been cleaned), open the cabin door and look the other way as you program in the new security code and place your contents into the safe. Just curious as to that post and how 4774Papa handled the safe contents (they may not travel with items which would be stored in a safe).

Keep checking to see if the same cabin is available, and grab it

However we did a B2B on the Equinox and the move

along the hall was very smooth.

We were in our new cabin by 10

We let the stewards know they could clean it after we had moved

They carried all our clothes on hangers to the new room

and moved our cases

$20 works wonders

No, the steward moved our luggage. We were on an excursion on the turnaround day and were not on the ship.

Sorry, you are correct. We emptied the safe and took the contents on our excursion. Everything else was moved by the steward.

Sorry, you are correct. We emptied the safe and took the contents on our excursion. Everything else was moved by the steward.
When we had an excursion on the turnaround day, we would contact the stateroom attendant for our new cabin in advance and arrange to have access to the safe immediately that morning, as soon as the previous occupants left the cabin.

We did not have to wait until after the cabin had been cleaned to have access to the safe and did not need to carry the contents of the safe around with us on our excursion.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your advice and experiences. We would love to latch on to the same cabin, but in our case, we are changing categories with each cruise: A1 to A2 to S1, so it won't be possible. We've been on the Eclipse so many times that I should know this by now, but aren't there regular hangers on her? Or am I wishing there are?