Can we talk about "Blu" for AQ guests?

LuAnn

AQ guests pay extra to eat in Blu. Suite guests also pay extra and can eat in Blu (assuming there's room) or their suite dining room.

Everyone can eat in the MDR and the buffet, the spa cafe, the specialty venues. And in their rooms.

I'm continually amazed at how people throw out misinformation on these boards.:rolleyes:

I'm continually amazed at how people throw out misinformation on these boards.:rolleyes:

I think they mean they pay extra in the cost of their cabin and not each time they dine there.

....snip

And trust me...once you meet me...you know I can "chill" with the best of them!! After all...I'm from So Cal!!! :cool::D LuAnn

Trust me, the woman can chill, I've met her (every night at the social hour and several times each day!):p

I can understand your frustration. I hope by the time you cruise everything will be sorted out.

I think they mean they pay extra in the cost of their cabin and not each time they dine there.

But they also said that anyone can eat in the MDR, but if you are AQ, unless you work it out with the matrie'd, you must dine in Blu.

Edited by Muushka

But they also said that anyone can eat in the MDR, but if you are AQ, unless you work it out with the matrie'd, you must dine in Blu.

In our experience (many aqua cruises) we have never had a problem dining in the MDR...but that's pre-luminae. Since there is now less space in the MDR, it's possible that they will have a problem adding any additional folks..but my gut tells me that there still will be no problem if you check with the blu maitre d' first.

In our experience (many aqua cruises) we have never had a problem dining in the MDR...but that's pre-luminae. Since there is now less space in the MDR, it's possible that they will have a problem adding any additional folks..but my gut tells me that there still will be no problem if you check with the blu maitre d' first.

OK, it must have changed since we did AQ. It was only once, probably circa 2011.

We didn't care for Blu and had to ask permission to dine in the MDR. I'm glad it changed!

Trust me, the woman can chill, I've met her (every night at the social hour and several times each day!):p

I can understand your frustration. I hope by the time you cruise everything will be sorted out.

We need to get on the same "boat" at the same time again!! Thanks for your input!!! LP

I've tried to tell you MY experience with dining in Blu and asking to dine in MDR with my friend...who wasn't AQ....I was not asking her to come dine in Blu with us. I wanted to dine in MDR.

And I understand that different ships within the "fleet" seem to have different "rules" about his...I did work with the Blu dining room to try and facilitate this request. It did not happen...Your experience may vary...as has mine!!!! :)

I did receive a "beeper" and had to wait almost an hour to dine in "Blu". Was it at 6:00 PM...no...or 8 ...no.. And I have no problem with the "beeper"...unless.... I have it because the only tables I have been "allotted" in the "scheme" of dining were given in the dining room I was assigned to were given away ...before I could even arrive...with out a reservation system that would give me MY table....given the info I had been given..re no dining in any other place.

I appreciate that those of you who have paid extra $$ to dine in every other venue on the ship...paid the $$ and you have that option.

I want to show up...at the ONLY venue I have been assigned to...and have a table...or at least the REASONABLE expectation that I can get one...because only Blu AQ people are there dining???

How can you all say that you have never displaced someone...when you show up...and are seated..without knowing when I...as an AQ person..is going to show up and want a table???

It is not the "fault" of the passenger...I think it is the fault of the system that is in place...or NOT in place!!

OK...I will now "fold my tent" and go!!! ;) And also "chill"!!! LuAnn

with "waiting"...and I didn't mention any problems with the "beepers"...my question is/was...if this is the only place I can eat in a "regular" dining area...(which is what I have been told on Infinity in '14...and right now I think we are talking about X not AZ...)..and there seems to be no "system" in place re who gets to eat in Blu when/where/how...then I'm wondering how the "system" works that those of us who have only that option are figured into the "equation" ?? That was my concern/question and thoughts. And trust me...I'm not concerned about going hungry!!! Just trying to figure out the system...based on many posts re what the "suite" guests have in the way of dining options...vs those of us in AQ!!

I now see a very recent post where "suite" guests were asked to wait until it could be confirmed that no AQ guests needed/wanted a table and then they were seated. All i am suggesting is that if, as an AQ guest, Blu is the only place you can find a "fine dining table" which is what MY experience has been then I think the AQ guest should have priority. And that does seem to be the experiences many have now encountered.

And trust me...once you meet me...you know I can "chill" with the best of them!! After all...I'm from So Cal!!! :cool::D LuAnn

Never once had to wait in Blu.

Never had an issue dining in the MDR when we fancied a change of scenery. Or even in the Ocean View café.

Never had problems in eating in any of the specialty restaurants either when we chose to try them.

In short, AQ customers are not limited to Blu... :)

We were on the Equinox in March for 10 nights. At a minimum of five of those nights we were given a beeper for Blu (we were in Aqua). The wait time ranged from 30 minutes to 45 minutes each time. While I would have preferred to have been seated immediately, I understand that I most have chosen the busiest time (around 7:15). I have only cruised in Aqua on all of my Celebrity sailings and this was the only cruise that I ever had to wait for a table.

I've tried to tell you MY experience with dining in Blu and asking to dine in MDR with my friend...who wasn't AQ....I was not asking her to come dine in Blu with us. I wanted to dine in MDR.

And I understand that different ships within the "fleet" seem to have different "rules" about his...I did work with the Blu dining room to try and facilitate this request. It did not happen...Your experience may vary...as has mine!!!! :)

I did receive a "beeper" and had to wait almost an hour to dine in "Blu". Was it at 6:00 PM...no...or 8 ...no.. And I have no problem with the "beeper"...unless.... I have it because the only tables I have been "allotted" in the "scheme" of dining were given in the dining room I was assigned to were given away ...before I could even arrive...with out a reservation system that would give me MY table....given the info I had been given..re no dining in any other place.

LuAnn

Please don't "fold your tent" as your posts are interesting. We have dined in Blu on 3 ships (all S-Class) and have never needed a beeper for breakfast or dinner. There have been times when we had to wait a few minutes to be seated at dinner, but we are talking about no more then 10 min.

But you mention "allotted" tables and we have no idea what this means. So please explain. When we dine in Blu we simply show-up at the door and are seated at any available table. There are a few times when we might make a specific request (such as put us at a table where "Captain Kirk" is the waiter) and sometimes the Maitre'd will satisfy our request and other times he/she will just say no (which is fine).

Hank

But then...when I go to eat in "Blu"... at dinner...and I am given a "beeper" to go and wait in the bar for a table ...is that because there is "no room at the inn"...because of the # of AQ people wanting to eat there???

LuAnn

Exactly! The dinning area has seat's for only so many people at one time. Just like any restaurant at home, when all the seats are full, they go on a wait. Someone finishes their meal and leaves, opening a seat for the next in line.

The top suites also now get unlimited specialty restaurants so assume Blu will be visited less by suites.

I will say we were not inly welcomed but encouraged to come to Blu last year while in suite. Theu would give us menu for next night and tell us we could order off main dining room too if we still wanted to dine in Blu.

So heres another AQ blu question. In my reservation I can book a time for dinner each night. Am I booking in Blu or the MDR? It seems like it is in the MDR as there is no mention of Blu there?

So heres another AQ blu question. In my reservation I can book a time for dinner each night. Am I booking in Blu or the MDR? It seems like it is in the MDR as there is no mention of Blu there?

its a typical Celebrity software limitation! It appears ur in the MDR...but in reality, as an AQUA class customer, ur in BLU....You would think after a few yrs they would fix this..but nope!! Just play the game and select a time...

its a typical Celebrity software limitation! It appears ur in the MDR...but in reality, as an AQUA class customer, ur in BLU....You would think after a few yrs they would fix this..but nope!! Just play the game and select a time...

Thankyou! Seems like thats a plan

This is what it looks like:

96abeb7a4acf84aad5d1943151c92c61.jpg

Yes. But the website lets me book a time for anytime dining. I did the same (but not in Blu) for our last cruise. Maybe its a silly website. Well, we know that anyway dont we.

Yes. But the website lets me book a time for anytime dining. I did the same (but not in Blu) for our last cruise. Maybe its a silly website. Well, we know that anyway dont we.

Yes it is silly. As others have said, those times mean nothing if you are in Aqua. Select a random time and then ignore it.

Yes it is silly. As others have said, those times mean nothing if you are in Aqua. Select a random time and then ignore it.

It is more than likely more damaging than silly. When you book early or late seating and you are in aqua or a suite, you probably take up a "seat" in their dining room allocation system.....so someone who wants early seating, for example, can't get it because their system thinks early seating is full...because many of those folks are assigned to Blu or Luminae.

Just know that if you book a time for Select you will have to pre-pay your gratuities NOW.

If you had planned on paying them on board (maybe using some OBC to pay them) you won't have that option.

My advice is to just ignore that dining time choice.

Blu is available for you whenever you want to show up - no need for a reservation AND , even, if you think you have one, you won't. They don't take them there.

Ok. Thankyou. I had selected "select" thinking I had to for Blu. The system had preselected us for early sitting which threw me being a first time Aqua cruiser. That early time doesn't work on a med cruise.

Edited by Pushka

Ok. Thankyou. I had selected "select" thinking I had to for Blu. The system had preselected us for early sitting which threw me being a first time Aqua cruiser. That early time doesn't work on a med cruise.

Our reservations also always say early seating.

The first time we were in Aqua I ran to the Maitre D' the first day to change it.

He explained that we could show up whenever it was convenient.

We normally eat somewhere between 7:30 and 8:30. ;)

It would be so nice if someday Celebrity could fix their IT system.

Among the many, many problems it should, after all these years , be able to figure out is that Blu (and now the suite restaurant Luminae) have no fixed dining times but also aren't Select.

Edited by chamima

This IT thing is interesting. I have selected Traditional and the option to prepay tips is now selectable as opposed to forced. So I deselect. Price reduces accordingly. Nice. I return to the start of the booking and they are back. :(.

My package includes Bevclingrat. I get the Bev bit but isnt that saying also gratuities? If so, why does the system try charging me?

I've only ever dined select before so I gather the grats are charged on embarkation?

And thankyou to everyone re the non selection of dining for Blu. The website is a mire of errors.

Edited by Pushka

Celebrity calls themselves Modern Luxury..but the same webpage issues have been around since I first started looking at Celebrity in 2012. And a fair # of inconsistencies between the ships that cause people frustration. of course those frustrations are only known by CC members,lol 1st world problems I realize and most are not a concern to me, as we only care about Blu and the ports.