Day-of-the-Week Elevator Rugs

Ky Colonel

... maybe a ray of hope! Does anyone know if HAL is bringing the DotW rugs back on its Vista Class ships?

Rod

says of the week are on the elevators on the Westerdam in the side elevators (the glass ones) , not in the centre ones,

Wonder if that is the case of all of the Vista ships?

Live, from the Westerdam

My understanding was that the Vista class ships don't have the elevator day of the week mats, but the R and S (and apparently the Pinnacle) do. Maybe they are adding them to the Vista class ships now due to the guests not being happy that they were excluded at first. I absolutely love them!

Edited by Nanner

Thanks to everyone for your posts on this very important topic. I'll definitely check out all of the elevators when we are on the Westerdam in early June and report further when we return. In the meantime, I'll remain cautiously optimistic!

Smooth sailing,

Rod

They were on the Nieuw Amsterdam for the Dec 7 2014 cruise we were on.

I seem to remember someone (do not remember if it was our sailing or another ships') saying that the "Day of the Week" mats were only on the Glass Elevator floors.

I will pay attention when we board Noordam next week and make sure to check every elevator on the ship for those floor mats:D

Joanie

I rode the mid ship elevators almost exclusively on my mar 30th cruise. They were not in there. The only way they will be there is if they went in on dry dock. I think the poster that said they are not on the vista ships is correct.

In the past few months - Noordam did not have them, Amsterdam did have them.

Love the rugs as know it will be a good day when I get on and the rug day matches the pill dispenser's day.

:D love it.

I love the rugs only on cruises longer then 7 days. We have an elevator dance on that 7th day when we still have sailing days ahead of us :D

They were on Ryndam two weeks ago for her last Caribbean cruise.

Would have been tempted to carry one off, but even if I were the thieving type, I'd have felt honor-bound to leave them for the Transatlantic passengers ...who really appreciate knowing what day it is after many glorious sea days.

My Ryndam cruise in January had them. DH liked taking a picture each day to start his camera roll for the day. It's helped in going through the photos to remember where we were for each picture -- some of the scenery is very similar.

But that said, neither he no I would have really missed them if they were not there. Now I really miss the fold down seats that were in the elevators on the S- and R-Class vessels on my first cruises. I'd really like it those came back!

Prinsendam had them last summer but they were so shabby and stringy.

Always on that ship.

I didn't didn't them shabby but we weren't on at the same times :)

I rode the mid ship elevators almost exclusively on my mar 30th cruise. They were not in there. The only way they will be there is if they went in on dry dock. I think the poster that said they are not on the vista ships is correct.

Always good to read posts. ;)

They are on the Westerdam. We are on her. They are not on the midship elevators but on the side glass elevators which are much faster anyways IMO

They are on the Westerdam. We are on her. They are not on the midship elevators but on the side glass elevators which are much faster anyways IMO

I haven't ever seen the day of the week mats in the glass elevators. I thought it was because those elevators are an odd shape and it would have been harder to get the rugs for those floors.

Jacqui,

It's nice to be able to count on you for the most accurate answers to all things HAL. Seriously, you are a great resource here on CC, and I am grateful for your many contributions.

Welcome back from your Panama Canal cruise - I trust it was enjoyable in all respects.

Thanks again,

Rod

Thanks for the advice;). I know you'd never be guilty of missing posts. Since I'm not on a vista ship right this very second I couldn't verify. I've spent the last 3 weeks going in an out of the hospital. I've got much more important issues to deal with than rugs in elevators.

Well, perhaps they took at least this one up for cleaning the day you rode this Glass Elevator?:)

Photo taken on 8 December 2014 aboard Nieuw Amsterdam

DotW_Nieuw-Amsterdam_Dec-2014.jpg.3fdcbda439620705198ff5a2487e26f9.jpg

Joanie

I have one of those page-a-day calendars on my kitchen counter. It shows only the day of the week and the date, so it would serve the purpose.

This year mine has questions (or answers) from Jeopardy! on it, so we get a trivia game each day as well. But I've had other page-a-day calendars with inspirational quotes, cupcake recipes, or just pictures of Australian scenery.

I used to buy a "Far Side" page-a-day calendar for my DH every holiday season. He loved some of their cartoons. They stopped making that one a few years ago so I switched to getting him sports calendar. :)

We were recently on the Zuiderdam -- no elevator rugs with the day of the week on them.

We are retired and could care less what day of the week it is.

Ahhh, that explains the craziness with some doctors' offices around here. When you have an upcoming appointment, they make two automated calls to remind their patients and e-mail reminders. :) Must be so many of their senior, retired folks don't know what day it is and they are missing their appointments. :D :D

Well, perhaps they took at least this one up for cleaning the day you rode this Glass Elevator?:)

Photo taken on 8 December 2014 aboard Nieuw Amsterdam

[ATTACH]347918[/ATTACH]

Joanie

I'm speaking of the the Noordam. I made a mistake thinking you said the Noordam. Yes they have them on the NA. Anyone else want to take a punch at me?

Edited by cruz chic

I'm speaking of the the Noordam. I made a mistake thinking you said the Noordam. Yes they have them on the NA. Anyone else want to take a punch at me?

Simple misunderstanding, both of us:) I thought you were talking about the Nieuw Amsterdam and you thought I was talking of the Noordam:)

Believe me, it was not a punch!! I just like to have a picture if something is questioned that's all:)

Joanie

I haven't ever seen the day of the week mats in the glass elevators. I thought it was because those elevators are an odd shape and it would have been harder to get the rugs for those floors.

Being claustrophobic, I only use the glass elevators. The Day of the Week rugs are definitely in there (on the NA and the Eurodam).