Crown Drydock - 2015

jimd909

I do hope they repair or replace the MUTS, just horrible and has been for a while I think I know it has been since October 2014.

I wonder if repair parts even exist for this technology which is 9 years old on the Crown.

Just recently on the Crown and some crew told us they were going to add the desert section in the Horizon court like on the Sapphire.

They had huge rolls of new carpet on the outside decks too. This ship needs a spruce up...it was looking tired.

Just recently on the Crown and some crew told us they were going to add the desert section in the Horizon court like on the Sapphire.

They had huge rolls of new carpet on the outside decks too. This ship needs a spruce up...it was looking tired.

I was on the Crown in December and she looked great to me! Not tired at all. Of course, I don't look for flaws...

I was on the Crown in December and she looked great to me! Not tired at all. Of course, I don't look for flaws...

We where on her in Feb 2015 and she looked ok. Just some minor rust spots.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

The Crown is a rust bucket. Every where you look there's rust. Varnish is needed likewise. Our balcony had no varnish on the handrails and globs of paint were all over the deck mat along with rust stains. They need to redo the Lido buffet and put the pastry offers separate like on the Star. More seating is also need in the buffet area. It's doubtful we'll cruise on this ship again, but anything they do is an upgrade.

Kamloops 50 is not quite correct, as she is still on a cruise today May 01, in Victoria and departing at midnight for Vancouver. The passengers disembark on Saturday morning, and she will sail to the drydock about noon on May 02. She is expected to enter the drydock on the high tide about 6pm.

Very excited to be going on the Crown on 6/13. Most comments have been positive and recent photos I've seen of her look great. I don't nit pick or look for perfection, but I realize we all have different lenses. Rust bucket? Well, can't speak to that personally but it doesn't seem to be the prevailing opinion. I do hope that the MUTS screen is fixed as I really enjoy that feature.

The Crown is a rust bucket. Every where you look there's rust. Varnish is needed likewise. Our balcony had no varnish on the handrails and globs of paint were all over the deck mat along with rust stains. They need to redo the Lido buffet and put the pastry offers separate like on the Star. More seating is also need in the buffet area. It's doubtful we'll cruise on this ship again, but anything they do is an upgrade.

Rust bucket??????? Now, I really doubt anything you have to say... The ship was beautiful in December and no doubt still is. I don't know what happened on your cruise but I think you either have completely unrealistic expectations... Can you find ships in better condition? Maybe, a few... I won't bother telling you about my awful Carnival Splendor cruise...

Maybe you should only cruise the very newest ships?

I, and many others, will happily continue cruising on the Crown....

I was on the Crown in January and thought she looked pretty good. Yes, there was some rust on our balcony but minimal. In no way would I call her a "rust bucket". As a matter of fact, my January cruise reminded me how beautiful of a ship I thought she was when I first sailed her. I will agree that MUTS is in need of repair.

Rust bucket??????? Now, I really doubt anything you have to say... The ship was beautiful in December and no doubt still is. I don't know what happened on your cruise but I think you either have completely unrealistic expectations... Can you find ships in better condition? Maybe, a few... I won't bother telling you about my awful Carnival Splendor cruise...

Maybe you should only cruise the very newest ships?

I, and many others, will happily continue cruising on the Crown....

I see, that the last time you were on the Crown was in 2014. When I saw rust, there's rust every where. I've been in a few Princess ships, and they didn't have near the rust as the Crown. Evidently, you weren't in our cabin on the Caribe deck nor on our balcony. I don't have unrealistic expectations, I only had expectations that we had on other Princess ships.

Actually, this thread isn't about the Carnival Splendor so save the typing. However, we are looking forward to the Golden in about 3 weeks. Fresh out of dry dock, and I hope we don't see globs of white paint on our balcony mats, carpet coming loose, and unvarnished hand rails. Hopefully we'll have new mats on the balcony.

Kamloops 50 is not quite correct, as she is still on a cruise today May 01, in Victoria and departing at midnight for Vancouver. The passengers disembark on Saturday morning, and she will sail to the drydock about noon on May 02. She is expected to enter the drydock on the high tide about 6pm.
So where will she be a dry dock.?

She will be in the Esquimalt Graving dock in Victoria. There is no crew leave to go to Vancouver as they are all required for work during the refit. A huge crew change will occur in the later days of the dry dock. The thrusters are being overhauled, propellers polished, and lots of painting from top to bottom. Some windows replacements already underway while tied up in Victoria today. She will be on shore side power for 3 days while engine room refits are underway. A typical refit, not a major! Check out Victoria Shipyards website.

I just got off the Crown a couple weeks ago and I thought she looked pretty good. I had varnish on my balcony rail. The Crown was like a palace compared to the Grand which I was on in December. I live a smaller ship, but the Crown was in much better condition. I know both are getting spruced up.

I see, that the last time you were on the Crown was in 2014. When I saw rust, there's rust every where. I've been in a few Princess ships, and they didn't have near the rust as the Crown. Evidently, you weren't in our cabin on the Caribe deck nor on our balcony. I don't have unrealistic expectations, I only had expectations that we had on other Princess ships.

Actually, this thread isn't about the Carnival Splendor so save the typing. However, we are looking forward to the Golden in about 3 weeks. Fresh out of dry dock, and I hope we don't see globs of white paint on our balcony mats, carpet coming loose, and unvarnished hand rails. Hopefully we'll have new mats on the balcony.

Here are some pictures....which include my Caribe balcony, the outside of the ship and the piazza. It all looks good to me. I didn't get the rail in my balcony picture, but I assure you that it was varnished. No big globs of paint. You must have had bad luck with your cabin.

DSCN4145.jpg.d58f071b2766d084c759c552a954e69f.jpg

DSCN4147.jpg.4de512a4945530dd0ac1de794b6402a9.jpg

DSCN4158.jpg.9417adb9051b17e197a4f632c98fa310.jpg

DSCN4159.jpg.e47ffd8e6e66c51ec05d382e50fe925a.jpg

DSCN4155.jpg.ca00b71354c0c54d46fb38441282e8d6.jpg

Edited by KruzPrincess