New epic port times summer schedule

joedel

Yea I just received it as well.... Not too happy.

Also lost an hour in Naples. It was 7-7 before.

Still gonna be an amazing cruise but don't like

To lose hours in ports.... Wish they would add some.

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

I wonder why I didn't receive an email about this. I am sailing on The Epic next week and have organized private tours from all three of these ports. Did the email only go to people that are doing the ships excursions?

Which dates are affected?

We are sailing May 13. So far,, no email and no change according to website itinerary.

I wonder if it might be a tide issue for certain dates.

Yes- I'm on the Epic July 1st and just got the email about shortened hours in 3 ports. Does the Epic have mechanical issues as I'm assuming this has happened so they have more time to get from port to port.

If you booked through a travel agent, the notification would have gone to the agent. I am in Arizona and I received the notification just before 6pm my time. I leave from Rome next Wednesday, May 6.

It said May 3 - September 13th, so I would call NCL and check. I received it today as well. Perhaps it went into your SPAM?

After September 13th it goes into dry dock. I assume the problem will be fixed there.

Im travelling May 31st and I haven't had an email either .

If these changes do happen it will be very annoying as I too have private excursions booked .

I am beginning to get very annoyed with NCL changing so many things after ive booked and paid for my cruise :mad:

Considering that they have extended the dry dock in September by a week to address an engine issue I'm guessing they are reducing speed/load (or even the need to use the engine as all are only needed when running at top speed), and so need more time between certain ports.

I just got off the phone with NCL.

Our May 13th Epic cruise is not affected.

NCL said there is nothing wrong with the boat. She said it is probably because of schedule conflicts with other ships at port. Only some, not all, Epic cruises are affected.

Edited by funpig

No email received but went in and looked at my itinerary on the NCL site. Looks like for our June 10th sailing the following...

Livorno stayed the same 7-7

Cannes we arrive and hour earlier and leave and hour earlier so still the same amount of time

Palma we lose an hour so really only have about 2 hours in port if you figure it will take an hour to get off and have to be back 2 hours before departure this doesn't give you much time to do anything.

Barcelona stayed the same

Naples now 7-6 so lose and hour there.

I have a private excursion to the Amalfi coast I am hoping we get to do the whole thing. I am assuming that tour companies deal with this sort of thing all the time and plan accordingly.

I haven't gotten the email yet but it does affect one of my shore excursions that I booked with an outside vendor. Waiting for a call back to see what they can do. Hopefully they will be able to adjust the time. I am on the 05/17 sailing. The change does show up on my summary but if you just go on the NCL website and search for a cruise, the itinerary still shows the old times.

NCL said there is nothing wrong with the boat. She said it is probably because of schedule conflicts with other ships at port. Only some, not all, Epic cruises are affected.

We are also cruising from Rome on May 13th and we have received the email.

We received that e-mail today....in fact we received TWO, which informed us of the changes.

The e-mail does state that all guests on these sailings from May 3rd to September 13th are affected, so I took that to mean ALL dates within that period.

We sail on the 9th August.....we have friends on the 20th May sailing....they too have had the e-mail.

Both ours and our friends Vacation Summaries give the new timings.

We're sad to have so little time in Palma, but hey......we'll be on a cruise....all is good! :)

I think that the NCL rep doesn't know what she/he is talking about.

I am on the same cruise as you and the times have been changed on the vacation summary on MyNCL.

Cannes is now 7 - 5 vice 8 - 6

Palma is now 2 - 7 vice 1 - 8

Naples is now 7 - 6 vice 7 - 7

So we lose 1 hr in Naples and 2 hrs Palma and Cannes has shifted an hour.

Lois

Sign into NCL and look at your vacation summary.

All the new port times are listed there.

We sail on the Epic May 27th and I received the email last night.

All of our excursions are with private vendors.

The only one we might need to tweak is our tour of the Almafi coast in Naples.

I have already emailed the company. Since this day is already a National holiday and traffic will be crazy I am thinking we are going to have to lose an hour of the tour.

No email received but went in and looked at my itinerary on the NCL site. Looks like for our June 10th sailing the following...

Livorno stayed the same 7-7

Cannes we arrive and hour earlier and leave and hour earlier so still the same amount of time

Palma we lose an hour so really only have about 2 hours in port if you figure it will take an hour to get off and have to be back 2 hours before departure this doesn't give you much time to do anything.

Barcelona stayed the same

Naples now 7-6 so lose and hour there.

I have a private excursion to the Amalfi coast I am hoping we get to do the whole thing. I am assuming that tour companies deal with this sort of thing all the time and plan accordingly.

Why do you have to be back onboard 2hrs before at Palma? Back onboard it's 0.5hr prior to departure. Maybe you are confusing the 2hr check-in on embarkation day?

Well they are not going to tell you one of the engines is a bit poorly as people panic.

She's got 6 engines, one is in need of some non urgent attention hence why they have had to cancel a Sept cruise to extend dry dock to repair/replace.

On 5 it just means as they don't normally run all engines they will reduce max speed to say 17-18knts rather than 22-24knts. So if you look at the itinerary it will be on the long runs like Cannes - Palma.

Nothing to worry about. Allure did something similar last year until they fixed her azipod.

the more I think about these changes the more annoyed I get :mad: docking earlier at 7am is totally useless unless you are travelling along way on an excursion , Not much point getting of the boat at 7am if nothing in port is open .