Bit of a Blog : Rhapsody : B2B : Singapore - Dubai - Istanbul : May 3rd 2015

I really have to apologise for the lack of explanation detailing the pictures.... I was in total awe of the beauty and sereneness of the place. I do know the flowers used for garlands are jasmine and it is to my shame that I cannot explain what each deity is nor what is happening but I was utterly enthralled.

It was so worth the climb of 272 steps. The fact that the shrine is used as a place of major worship involving the making of penance for sins committed is one that I do recall, and that the nature of the penance involves self mutilation by some adults that is extreme and powerful.

We are now heading towards the Selangor Pewter factory.

The twin towers are never that far away

DSCN3014.jpg

I've decided to hold off sharing the pictures from the factory until later. They are fascinating and many but will be very time inducing on my part and have many others still to share from Port Klang / Kuala Lumpur and then Phuket. Just wish uploading was not so tedious! I promise to fit them in later or at the end..... there are plenty of sea days to come too.....

Here's a little taster

It takes this much

DSCN3028.jpg

To make this

DSCN3029.jpg

Absolutely stunning photos, I do wish we did not have to cancel this trip...

Say hi to Laura for us..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Missing you and Jane. Am on a table at dinner with Laura who is a delight.

Loved the KL photos.

Corkscrew;)

Happy Days!

Nope ;)

Totally awesome pictures. So what am I squinting to see in the first picture in post #142??

Can't wait for more.

Sorry 'bout that..... that one's just the 'oooh look high rises ahead' shot.

Someone has fed me gluten. I know it. A dessert others were served at dinner tonight was served to me at lunch yesterday. Identical. I have the side effects to prove it. Sigh.

Tomorrow is a very special day in my calendar and have booked a table for 1 in Izumi..... as it happens they have a 30% off deal on all specialty dining tomorrow..... we are in port until 11pm so that could be why. Certainly the 1st sitting on Phuket appeared almost empty...... last tender that day was 715pm.

I've organised a group to go to see the elephants at Pinnawala tomorrow (Colombo, Sri Lanka). I've read conflicting reports about the place and will make up my own mind. I've booked for 10 of us using http://www.toursbylocals.com/Colomobo-city-to-Pinnawala

Clocks go back an hour and a half at 2am tonight so am being doggedly stubborn and attempting to upload the rest of Port Klang / Kuala Lumpur before I go to bed. Popped into the show for a bit tonight..... a couple of acrobats..... sat in the 'Gold Card Holders only' area as there was a seat.

There's a plot and I've lost it.

For those of you on board who have said you are following the blog please say something here!! Lol x

Actually want to say that 2 people have dropped out of the tour I am on in Mumbai (Sue's tour) ...... If anyone is looking for a tour to join you have my room number.....

I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for all the work you are doing to get the photos uploaded. Perhaps the thing you bought for your cruises is a special bag (purse or tote)?

Heading to the roll call meet via MRT

DSCN2918.jpg

Maybe this would be a good idea for onboard the ships. :)

BTW, congratulations on your new princess!

So enjoying yours and Raina's blogs! I'm pretty sure this is trip I'd never be able to take, so I'm definitely enjoying tagging along.

Thank you for taking the time to upload all the photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great trip report Linda .

I know it is a cliche but it IS on my bucket list. I started school in Singapore and lived there from 1962-65 , want to go back , it looks fantastic , hubby cannot face the travel to get there.

Where is Spock and the Enterprise when you need them?:)

I have BIL number 2 and BIL4 in Sri lanka right now on vacation, land based. BIL2 is an aging hippy and lives between India, Thailand and Vietnam, travelling between countries when his visas run out.:D BIL 4 is there with wife, his SIL and FIL. Looking forward to your Sri Lanka photos.

Great distraction from the politics:)

Edited by heatherb1958

We're just back from a private tour of Colombo organised by Valerie (thank you Valerie. I only hope the tours I've organised in India are as good. It's such a heavy responsibility organising tours, already 2 have dropped out of one tour and I feel bad having to tell the others that the price has now increased) Anyway, fabulour tour with a great guide today even though it was hot, humid and very sweaty. We went to an historic Buddhist temple, a more modern international Buddhist temple built in 1850, the oldest Dutch Reform church in Sri Lanka built in the 1740s and still used today, walked through a local fruit/ vegetable market, visited the floating market and finished off with a welcome cup of Ceylon tea in the old Grand Oriental Hotel. Exhausting but an incredible experience

Great trip report Linda .

I know it is a cliche but it IS on my bucket list. I started school in Singapore and lived there from 1962-65 , want to go back , it looks fantastic , hubby cannot face the travel to get there.

Come visit!

You live in the UK? It isn't far. We travel to Europe pretty often.

I've had the most amazing day. Am currently sat in Izumi catching up with the UK election results.

Pinnawala is a long way from Colombo but is so worth the schlep. I'd have stayed longer. We stopped en route on the way up; can't wait to share the pics.

Good to hear others have had a great day too. Details of our guide are a few posts back.

DSCN3079.jpg

We are then taken on a drive through town.... pics are through the window on the move

This is an enormous walk through covered aviary

DSCN3083.jpg

The blue roofed building in the centre is a mosque with an unusual 13 point roof (13 being the number of states)

DSCN3084.jpg

This used to be the railway station

DSCN3085.jpg

Independence Square.... I forget to get the top of the flag pole...... tut

DSCN3086.jpg

British cricket pavilion to the left

DSCN3087.jpg

DSCN3101.jpg

The docking area at Port Klang is very basic

DSCN3108.jpg

I believe there may have been a free wifi area. No shopping that I recall.

Nice long walk back to the ship

DSCN3110.jpg

Has to be really

DSCN3112.jpg

Sailaway - as you can see there's nothing nearby

WP_20150504_15_31_21_Raw.jpg

Park cafe is offering

WP_20150504_15_42_58_Raw.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece