Bit of a Blog : Rhapsody : B2B : Singapore - Dubai - Istanbul : May 3rd 2015

Today am taking a private excursion organised by one of the roll call (thanks Laura!) with these people.

Putrajaya, Batu Caves, Royal Selangor Pewter, PETRONAS Twin Towers (photo stop only), Central Market and Independent Square.

Time for breakfast. Thanks for following.... all those views are so inspirational.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

You might also want to consider getting a ticket for the hop on- hop off bus. We found it a very easy way to get around and it stops at all the major sights like Raffles, the Singapore Flyer, Merlion, Clarke Quay etc

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Welcome in advance to Singapore!

I am looking forward to seeing Singapore - I can already tell I need to plan on at least three days pre-cruise. :)

Thanks for the review! I have a cruise booked from Singapore for later this year. Very nice pictures around Singapore. This will be my first visit there and I'm really excited about it. I'm also looking forward to your pictures from Port Klang and Phuket, as those are two of my stops.

This is now absolutely on my must do in Singapore list! :D :eek:

DSCN2885.jpg

Enjoying joining you on this journey - Rhapsody is our favourite :)

We sailed from Singapore in 2013 and it was good remembering our fun there thru your postings. KL was our first port of call also, but then we turned & headed downunder.

If you see Rina from the Activities Team, please say hello to her from Neil & Tracey from Sydney.

Cheers,

Neil

Today am taking a private excursion organised by one of the roll call (thanks Laura!) with these people.

Putrajaya, Batu Caves, Royal Selangor Pewter, PETRONAS Twin Towers (photo stop only), Central Market and Independent Square.

Time for breakfast. Thanks for following.... all those views are so inspirational.

Am back from the tour and sat in the D lounge with a decaf cappuccino from Lattetudes. Had had a chat with A Food And Beverages Manager yesterday about having GF snacks for me. There were none today either. Fortuitously he appeared in the D Lounge just now checking stock and has hared off to sort things.

We had a super day today. We didn't get to Putrajaya in the time length we had, all aboard being 330pm.

We did, however, manage to see and experience loads. We were 6. Our driver was Zul and I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is a registered tour guide and really kept us fully informed all the way. If you're interested his contact details are here

Port Klang is NOT in Kuala Lumpur. We drove a good 40 minutes in light traffic to get there. Today was the last day of a holiday so traffic was particularly light.

We stopped to take pics of the Petronas Twin Towers. They do dominate the skyline wherever you are in the area.

We then were taken to the Batu Caves. Until I can get pics up you may want to Google them. 272 steps up the mountain then more inside to experience the most incredible spectacle of temples being actively used for worship by young and old in a temple carved into the limestone with light shining in from high above. The climb was quite daunting but we encouraged one another and, keeping hydrated, we all made it to the top. There were worshippers climbing in bare feet. We came across a family group climbing with a baby in an orange sheet suspended under bamboo poles. Children and adults who had been daubed in white dressed in their finest. Quite stunning statues and homages. The sound of small cymbals making sweet calls. And 272 steps down again.

We then went to the Pewter Factory. What an eye opener that was. We had an excellent guide and were shown the exacting and intricate way pewter is manufactured then used to create so many different items. There was, of course, a shop at the end of the tour with such a vast range of simply lovely goods for purchase.

By now my knee is aching (the left one); my right hip is bearing up considering the exercise it has had (for new readers it's a replacement) and I'm feeling it. We now head for the King's Palace which is vast but almost on the horizon from where we can stand at the gates. Guards on foot and horseback are stationary and solemn. It's very, very hot and humid.

Next stop Independence Square (from the British...... let's not dwell on that eh?) and then the Central Market where we have lunch and browse some souvenirs.

The drive back was uneventful and I will now try and upload the pics from yesterday again.

Uploading pics is not going to happen today either. Soooo frustrating.

Let me tell you about last night. Was going to give it a go after dinner but I do need a coffee by my side. By the time I got to Lattetudes they'd closed. Just wanted somewhere quiet to sit other than my room. The Centrum was buzzing; happy music and dancing and applause. Not going to sit there. Schooner bar alive and kicking with the pianist and much happiness. Shall We Dance Lounge. Karaoke. Not well attended but the chap singing Meatloaf was belting out that he wouldn't do that..... so I turned around and went back to my room.

I knew there was a singles / solo event on in Viking Crown and really wasn't up to that. Why do they only have one event on the ship, right at the start, and really late at night? Just wondering.

Will try elsewhere later. I don't give up. And I've been told they have something for me at Lattetudes now.

Was told just now of some children on the previous cruise who had 'enhanced' some of the pics in the Park West Gallery. The parents were offered a hefty fine or the opportunity to disembark at the next port of call. They chose the latter.

Should have been applauded imo. When I saw these 'Art' people were on board my heart sank. Dislike them with a vengeance.

Sailaway.

Hi Linda,

Hope you are having a great time and I am enjoying following your blog immensely. Thanks for going to the time to entertain us.

Is Captain Rob still in charge and can you tell me the person in charge of the Diamond lounge please?

See you in Dubai.

Christine

Thanks for the review! I have a cruise booked from Singapore for later this year. Very nice pictures around Singapore. This will be my first visit there and I'm really excited about it. I'm also looking forward to your pictures from Port Klang and Phuket, as those are two of my stops.

This is now absolutely on my must do in Singapore list! :D :eek:

DSCN2885.jpg

If you like rides, you might want to check out Universal Studios at Resorts World Sentosa - http://www.rwsentosa.com/Homepage/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore

A couple of years back, we bought a Family Pass and we were there every other weekend.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Many thanks for the suggestion.

I am looking forward to seeing Singapore - I can already tell I need to plan on at least three days pre-cruise. :)

Thanks for visiting. Hope you have a great time. Do let me know if you have any queries and I'll try to help where I can.

I booked the first leg of this B2B 514 days ago. Via a US TA. The 2nd leg I added in much later and through a UK TA..... was the weekend when RCL were no shows at various cruise shows and instead they threw in amazing extras for the same price...... actually I ended up paying less but will go into that later.

When flights were released I jumped in and bought Business Class seats with my BA Air Miles.

Here's where I ended up :

WP_20150430_19_57_59_Pro.jpg

And here's the view :

WP_20150501_08_33_13_Pro.jpg

The penny finally dropped that this adventure was really underway when I did the flight check on the TV and saw this :

WP_20150501_04_06_56_Pro.jpg

*Envy*

We visit London now and then and we fly Economy. Our upcoming trip will be on Qatar Airways. Oh well.

Was this on the British Airways A380?

Compasses for yesterday and today

Thanks for the compasses. Do you have any idea if the Headliners will be similar for the next leg. I am happy to see a Drink of the Day for only $7.50 as we won't have a package .

enjoy

Marci

Hi Linda,

Hope you are having a great time and I am enjoying following your blog immensely. Thanks for going to the time to entertain us.

Is Captain Rob still in charge and can you tell me the person in charge of the Diamond lounge please?

See you in Dubai.

Christine

Diamond Concierge is Karen hernandez according to a letter I have snd Captain Gustavo A Feduzi is driving.

*Envy*

We visit London now and then and we fly Economy. Our upcoming trip will be on Qatar Airways. Oh well.

Was this on the British Airways A380?

Yeap :D

Thanks everyone.....

I've managed to upload a few pics today but want to post a whole day at a time so am persevering. Normal service will probably never resume.

I've taken a picture of the most useful item I've ever purchased to take with me cruising. I wonder if you can guess what it is?

Have a guess and when I get to upload that pic, which I've only just taken, I'll announce the winner who will be the first to actually guess it correctly. No clues.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Thanks for the compasses. Do you have any idea if the Headliners will be similar for the next leg. I am happy to see a Drink of the Day for only $7.50 as we won't have a package .

enjoy

Marci

Good question. Will see if I can find out.

Thanks everyone.....

I've managed to upload a few pics today but want to post a whole day at a time so am persevering. Normal service will probably never resume.

I've taken a picture of the most useful item I've ever purchased to take with me cruising. I wonder if you can guess what it is?

Have a guess and when I get to upload that pic, which I've only just taken, I'll announce the winner who will be the first to actually guess it correctly. No clues.

Are you saying that even if I purchase an an unlimited package I still might not be able to have access?

Marci

Are you saying that even if I purchase an an unlimited package I still might not be able to have access?

Marci

It states on their 'Stay Connected At Sea' leaflet : RCI does not offer refunds or credits for slow service, interruptions or unused time.

An unlimited package is preferable for me rather than paying by the minute as getting on then actually doing anything is extremely tedious on Rhapsody right now. I've got a great signal in my room (deck 3 tucked away inside)..... it's the satellite that's the problem, and how many others are trying to access the system at the same time, and I anticipate difficulty for me to even get online during our sea days.

You just need to be aware.

It states on their 'Stay Connected At Sea' leaflet : RCI does not offer refunds or credits for slow service, interruptions or unused time.

An unlimited package is preferable for me rather than paying by the minute as getting on then actually doing anything is extremely tedious on Rhapsody right now. I've got a great signal in my room (deck 3 tucked away inside)..... it's the satellite that's the problem, and how many others are trying to access the system at the same time, and I anticipate difficulty for me to even get online during our sea days.

You just need to be aware.

Get up at 3am:o

We are on the way to the port; we shared a cab and was just under SGD10; that's for 3 adults 4 suitcases and carryons

DSCN2942.jpg

I spy with my little eye

DSCN2943.jpg

DSCN2944.jpg

DSCN2945.jpg

Our cases are taken from us immediately (around 1030)

WP_20150503_10_27_56_Raw.jpg

WP_20150503_10_28_01_Raw.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece