Bit of a Blog : Rhapsody : B2B : Singapore - Dubai - Istanbul : May 3rd 2015

Check in was incredibly smooth. We were given little red tags and told to wait for the colour to be called..... we didn't have time to sit down after I grabbed this aerial view we were called.

WP_20150503_10_52_24_Raw.jpg

WP_20150503_10_58_58_Raw.jpg

There is a backup on the ramp. There's something amiss with the 'bing' machine..... we subsequently are sent aft to where another setup awaits

WP_20150503_11_01_23_Raw.jpg

We are being directed into the MDR

WP_20150503_11_04_31_Raw.jpg

Our passports are collected (still not returned at time of writing)

WP_20150503_11_06_09_Raw.jpg

I'm in!!!

WP_20150503_11_10_19_Raw.jpg

Was told just now of some children on the previous cruise who had 'enhanced' some of the pics in the Park West Gallery. The parents were offered a hefty fine or the opportunity to disembark at the next port of call. They chose the latter.

Should have been applauded imo. When I saw these 'Art' people were on board my heart sank. Dislike them with a vengeance.

Sailaway.

Thanks for this thread. We are sailing on 12th June cruise out of Istanbul so I am interested in all your ship's observations.

We also loathe the 'Art' auctions and the space they occupy in the public rooms.

We recently disembarked Coral Princess from a Panama Canal cruise. My free 'Platinum' minutes were best used before 7.00am and just before bed. On sea days the rest of the day was extremely slow.

Corinne

The Royal Replenish Package really works for me. At least 3 medium coffees a day; Freshly squeezed OJ and the bottled water going down really well.

WP_20150503_11_29_21_Raw.jpg

I love Illy coffee

WP_20150503_11_29_33_Raw.jpg

WP_20150503_11_29_48_Raw.jpg

I go on a little walkabout while the ship is still relatively empty

WP_20150503_11_32_42_Raw.jpg

I nearly cried when I saw this sign in WindJammer; never seen by me before on any RCL ship.

WP_20150503_11_39_04_Raw.jpg

WP_20150503_11_41_47_Raw.jpg

I've not been following this board very much of late so I'm assuming that this news isn't news at all.

The Compass states : Would you like up to $400 onboard spending money? Book your NextCruise now and get up to $500 INSTANT onboard credit, that you can use now!

I'm assuming you can't cash it out at the end. You WILL have a massage / fridge magnet / photo of yourself with a crew member dressed up as a pirate.

I've not been following this board very much of late so I'm assuming that this news isn't news at all.

The Compass states : Would you like up to $400 onboard spending money? Book your NextCruise now and get up to $500 INSTANT onboard credit, that you can use now!

I'm assuming you can't cash it out at the end. You WILL have a massage / fridge magnet / photo of yourself with a crew member dressed up as a pirate.

Linda, not sure if this applies to your booking rules, but if you opt to take the instant onboard credit, then there is no deposit refund if you cancel the cruise.

Another kind of offering I've not come across before...... spreads.....

WP_20150503_11_40_23_Raw.jpg

The view from Deck 10

WP_20150503_12_12_10_Raw.jpg

And from the Viking Crown

WP_20150503_12_14_14_Raw.jpg

Love this Viking Crown Bar design..... pity the whole area has been reduced substantially due to Izumi.

WP_20150503_12_07_01_Raw.jpg

Proof of the rather sticky pudding

WP_20150503_12_15_24_Raw.jpg

Rooms are ready, as are my cases..... one had been delivered outside someone elses room..... I'm down a little side passage

WP_20150503_12_35_31_Raw.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Linda, not sure if this applies to your booking rules, but if you opt to take the instant onboard credit, then there is no deposit refund if you cancel the cruise.

Hey Bob :D

I've no intention of booking with RCL down the line.... I'll be itinerary orientated and 2016 is already sorted....

Many higher level C&A members on board are up in arms over the continuous internet 'perk' being offered..... instead of say 60 free minutes it now has to be used in one block. I received a fruit plate last night.... no note of from where it came. I asked my room steward and he told me it's for being Diamond. Seriously. A plate of fruit that I can get in WindJammer? SMH

I'd been hoping for some chocolate covered strawberries..... sigh. The loyalty perks are diminishing. Still enjoying the glass of wine with dinner though. So many Diamonds and above on board the nightly event is served in the Shall We Dance Lounge. So little mingling taking place. i'll see if I can get the numbers.

The interior of my 'large' interior room

WP_20150503_12_36_37_Raw.jpg

And after I ask for the beds to be split..... so much more room this way

WP_20150503_20_13_51_Raw.jpg

The safe is tiny.... I should have asked for a pink one.

WP_20150503_20_23_09_Raw.jpg

WP_20150503_12_37_00_Raw.jpg

After Muster drink..... turns out it contains Gluten. Don't ask how I worked that out.

WP_20150503_16_14_29_Raw.jpg

City skyline at sailaway

WP_20150503_17_04_11_Raw.jpg

Hey Bob :D

I've no intention of booking with RCL down the line.... I'll be itinerary orientated and 2016 is already sorted....

Many higher level C&A members on board are up in arms over the continuous internet 'perk' being offered..... instead of say 60 free minutes it now has to be used in one block. I received a fruit plate last night.... no note of from where it came. I asked my room steward and he told me it's for being Diamond. Seriously. A plate of fruit that I can get in WindJammer? SMH

I'd been hoping for some chocolate covered strawberries..... sigh. The loyalty perks are diminishing. Still enjoying the glass of wine with dinner though. So many Diamonds and above on board the nightly event is served in the Shall We Dance Lounge. So little mingling taking place. i'll see if I can get the numbers.

Thanks for the info. Enjoying the blog very much, as usual.:)

Thanks for the info. Enjoying the blog very much, as usual.:)

Awww thanks

Here's that really special plate of fruit.

WP_20150503_20_12_24_Raw.jpg

They are offering currency conversion on board for some of the countries we will be visiting on this cruise. Did not expect that....

WP_20150503_17_34_59_Raw.jpg

A view of the Solarium from above....

WP_20150503_17_25_58_Raw.jpg

One type of bottled water offered with the Replenish Package

WP_20150503_18_40_33_Raw.jpg

Will be meeting a friend for a leisurely breakfast. We anchor at 1100 so tender around 1145. We are going to see where our feet take us.

Clocks go back an hour tonight.

I have been bitten by some insect on my arm.... probably in the caves as I felt it then.... I have stuff. Had not thought to spray with Deet which I have. Sigh.

DAY 3 RH Cruise Compass, Phuket, May 5.indd.pdf

Linda - Enjoying EVERY post and the compass attachments . Thanks. We sail the Enchantment and I see the ship is almost identical - even some of the exact same furniture. No learning curve!

Just a quick question - You mentioned coffee at Latitudes. Do you know if there is a (working) specialty coffee machine in the DL or CL?

Thanks,

Marci

Linda - Enjoying EVERY post and the compass attachments . Thanks. We sail the Enchantment and I see the ship is almost identical - even some of the exact same furniture. No learning curve!

Just a quick question - You mentioned coffee at Latitudes. Do you know if there is a (working) specialty coffee machine in the DL or CL?

Thanks,

Marci

No idea about the CL but would assume so..... definitely one in the DL.

For those on the following cruise - we have no inroom movies, and none for purchase. They are showing films on the Big Screen.

Just back from the Medical Facility, was first in. I have 2 bites that are really angry red. The meds I have are ineffective (no anti-histamine with.... can tell you where it is at home). Have been given some Hydrocortisone cream and a possibly drowse inducing antihistamine pill which I will probably defer taking until tonight. $4.10.

Deet. So not Jean Paul Gaultier.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

.......... was amazing...... we jumped in a taxi at the port and went up to the Big Buddha and then visited a Temple...... the story about a tendering fiasco can wait.... couldn't get online in my room subsequently but Raina suggested the Shall We Dance Lounge where we are now..... following the Meet & Mingle which was very well attended.

Have organised a group lunch for today in thr MDR. We have 70 on the list for that and others who want to join.

Will try to upload the pics from yesterday and get back to you.

Have to say the Activities Manager, Margot, is wonderful. This is her first cruise as Manager and she has her hands full..... more about THAT later too.....

Ooooooh people have been offloaded this cruise already apparently..... a fight over who won an art auction caused the item in dispute to have a fist punched through it.....

Cruise Critic M&M was wonderful. Well attended with a lovely spread. Hosted by the Activities Manager, Margot; she'd boarded in Cairns and this was her first cruise ever at this staff level. She did a cracking job. Royal laid on a very impressive spread and some good prizes for the Raffle..... one group won all the wine.... 3 bottles!! Was really lovely to meet everyone I'd spent so much time chatting to!

Our lunch went very well too. They'd not laid on a special menu as had been intimated; we had the Bistro 30 one with the Tutti salad. Yum.

Currently in the Diamond lounge..... am taking a day off from the heat. My bites are very itchy. I've realised I've still to upload most of the pics from Port Klang so am attempting to do that now.

Cruise Compass attached.

DAY 4 RH Cruise Compass, At Sea, May 6.indd.pdf

Ooooooh people have been offloaded this cruise already apparently..... a fight over who won an art auction caused the item in dispute to have a fist punched through it.....

Oh my [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Oh my!:eek:

They don't realise that the art is replicated over & over - they are not handpainted Picasso's :eek: