Bit of a Blog : Rhapsody : B2B : Singapore - Dubai - Istanbul : May 3rd 2015

I found Japanese!!

DSCN2926.jpg

The pic I took of the box I had is really poor quality..... it had miso soup, salmon sashimi, prawn tempura, chicken teriyaki and pickles. Was delicious. How on earth have I imagined that much food in one day? Sigh. SG$10.... really good value.

Was a super day and when I got back to my room the arrival of our new princess was all over the TV.

Hello Linda,

thank you for taking the time and expense to do a report on your cruise. Yes, Raina is also posting. This will be great to get two different perspectives on the same trip.

thanks again.

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know.... I've already seen some of her pics :D

Thanks Linda for the Lions and Marina pics.;)

Enjoy the rest of your incredible journey:)

Happy Days!

You're welcome :D

All packed and ready to head out in about an hour..... sharing a cab to the pier. Popping the luggage labels on was really pleasing.

My mouth is watering - the tea looks fantastic and the market amazing. We will be in Singapore for the first time next year prior to an Ovation sailing and you are giving me some great ideas for things to do. Thanks for taking the time to post.

My mouth is watering - the tea looks fantastic and the market amazing. We will be in Singapore for the first time next year prior to an Ovation sailing and you are giving me some great ideas for things to do. Thanks for taking the time to post.

You might also want to consider getting a ticket for the hop on- hop off bus. We found it a very easy way to get around and it stops at all the major sights like Raffles, the Singapore Flyer, Merlion, Clarke Quay etc

Arrived at cruise port 1030. On board 1110. Passports collected right after boarding.

First impressions:

Lovely to be back on board Royal. Orienteering should prove interesting.

D lounge small. Viking Crown small. Large interior stateroom small. Shower curtains. Phone on wall by dresser; wake up call should prove interesting.

Not able to access account or book excursions on room TV. Queue at desk massive by the time I get there. Am told the excursion I wanted in Phuket is wait listed.

Windjammer has a Gluten Free station! Very happy bunny.

Linda

Arrived at cruise port 1030. On board 1110. Passports collected right after boarding.

First impressions:

Lovely to be back on board Royal. Orienteering should prove interesting.

D lounge small. Viking Crown small. Large interior stateroom small. Shower curtains. Phone on wall by dresser; wake up call should prove interesting.

Not able to access account or book excursions on room TV. Queue at desk massive by the time I get there. Am told the excursion I wanted in Phuket is wait listed.

Windjammer has a Gluten Free station! Very happy bunny.

Linda

I'm ready for this cruise, something I have looked at for years.

Welcome in advance to Singapore!

Mojo menu tonight.

Internet / wifi. Don't get me started ok?

Packages are :

One Arabian Night $49.95 : 1 device 1 day / 24 hr continuous use

Five Hindu Temples : $99.99 120 hours continuous

Singapore Sling : Boarding day 10% off $195.99 = $176.39 1 device for the entire cruise

Taj Mahal : Again with the amazing discount for boarding day purchase discounted from $293.95 to $264.59 for 2 devices.

I kid you not.

Uploading pics is currently dire.

Again. Don't get me started.

When I booked Royal Replenish was around $280/90 for the cruise I think then it went up to $313. So I figured I would wait until boarding and offset the charge on my CC for a couple of months. Charge on board $303. Fine. Thanks. However. There's this which is not pleasing couples who have pre purchased :

20% off : Buy one Get one 20% off (valid only on purchases of Select, Premium & Utimate Beverage Packages)

Free : Buy one , get one Royal Refreshment Package (Valid only on purchases of Select, Premium & Utimate Beverage Packages)

Free : Buy one Royal Replenish Package get free milkshake (one per day) at Cafe Lattetudes

Offers valid with package purchases made onboard only. Packages purchased pre-cruise are not eligible. Offers are not combinable, and cannot be combined with any other promotions.

Just saying.

Roll call friends

DSCN2842_1.jpg

As I've been reading your post, I was wondering if you knew Valerie & Ian and lo and behold there was their picture! We met them in 2009 Sydney to Hawaii on Rhapsody and have been friends/cruising buddies ever since. Can't wait to cruise with them again next year! :)

Yes indeed.... Valerie and I bonded over organising roll call activities..... and then there's linedancing in front of the pool bar this afternoon.... there will be evidence....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Mojo menu tonight.

Internet / wifi. Don't get me started ok?

Packages are :

One Arabian Night $49.95 : 1 device 1 day / 24 hr continuous use

Five Hindu Temples : $99.99 120 hours continuous

Singapore Sling : Boarding day 10% off $195.99 = $176.39 1 device for the entire cruise

Taj Mahal : Again with the amazing discount for boarding day purchase discounted from $293.95 to $264.59 for 2 devices.

I kid you not.

Uploading pics is currently dire.

I feel your pain on WiFi. I contacted the main office about our upcoming cruise on Jewel and they confirmed it will be $189 for a SIX day cruise on a ship that only has WiFi hotspots.

This is their rationale.

There is a significant difference between the larger ships capacity that we divided by the number of guests, can make the prices lower. On ships with fewer guests the prices are then higher as you have less capacity to spread the costs out to.

So I guess the smaller the ship, the more they stick it to you. :rolleyes:

What a great surprise to find this thread.

YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!

Question:

Turn in your passports when you board???

Is this safe? (Obviously if you did it, but does it concern you?)

Thanks

Keep the post coming.

Great pictures!!!!

Again. Don't get me started.

When I booked Royal Replenish was around $280/90 for the cruise I think then it went up to $313. So I figured I would wait until boarding and offset the charge on my CC for a couple of months. Charge on board $303. Fine. Thanks. However. There's this which is not pleasing couples who have pre purchased :

20% off : Buy one Get one 20% off (valid only on purchases of Select, Premium & Utimate Beverage Packages)

Free : Buy one , get one Royal Refreshment Package (Valid only on purchases of Select, Premium & Utimate Beverage Packages)

Free : Buy one Royal Replenish Package get free milkshake (one per day) at Cafe Lattetudes

Offers valid with package purchases made onboard only. Packages purchased pre-cruise are not eligible. Offers are not combinable, and cannot be combined with any other promotions.

Just saying.

That's fantastic information, I WAS going to buy 2 x Ultimate, 1 x Premium and 2 x kids Soda packages online for our upcoming Rhapsody cruise in July, I think I'll wait to buy onboard in case they're running something similar.

Thanks

Hello Linda,

thank you for taking the time and expense to do a report on your cruise. Yes, Raina is also posting. This will be great to get two different perspectives on the same trip.

thanks again.

Can you tell me where I might find this thread. Heading to Rhapsody for the Dubai cruise so we are very interested is reading the current threads.

Linda- thanks for posting photos of yourself and others. Now I will be able to find a familiar face when we board.

M

Love your "Bit of a Blog" threads, this one especially since it's the first time I'm reading about places I've never read about on CC.

Have safe travels and thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Can you tell me where I might find this thread. Heading to Rhapsody for the Dubai cruise so we are very interested is reading the current threads.

Linda- thanks for posting photos of yourself and others. Now I will be able to find a familiar face when we board.

M

This is Raina's thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2204074

Good morning all.

We're docked in ort Klang according to the Bridge Cam

What a great surprise to find this thread.

YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!

Question:

Turn in your passports when you board???

Is this safe? (Obviously if you did it, but does it concern you?)

Thanks

Keep the post coming.

Great pictures!!!!

Apparently we couldn't leave Singapore until the Immigration authorities had assured themselves that we were indeed on board. Why this could not have been done at check in I have no idea. After boarding we all filed through the MDR where staff members had st up a desk with boxes for our passports to be filed in.

The Compass for today states :

SeaPass Card & Valid Picture Identification

Please remember to have your SeaPass card in hand and original government issued photo ID or passport (photocopies are not accepted) when leaving and returning to the ship etc

Just as well I have my driving licence with.....

That's fantastic information, I WAS going to buy 2 x Ultimate, 1 x Premium and 2 x kids Soda packages online for our upcoming Rhapsody cruise in July, I think I'll wait to buy onboard in case they're running something similar.

Thanks

It's a game. Who knows if they will run something similar on your cruise?