Bit of a Blog : Rhapsody : B2B : Singapore - Dubai - Istanbul : May 3rd 2015

Formal night. Shiitake menu..... I've been playing musical chairs each night and think I have landed on a lovely table. The first night I sat with lovely friends but the wait staff were rather indifferent; second night with a different friend but the company was really quiet.... tonight same friend but with more CC people and wonderful waitstaff. We had fun. Think I'll stick. I'm not an incredibly sociable person.... I have a get up and leave thing.... it takes an effort to dress up and go out so I'm very happy to have found myself with such lovely people.

Am currently sitting outside on Deck 5 Starboard side..... lots of wave noises..... a nice breeze and not too warm. When I went back to my room to get the laptop there was an envelope stuffed with forms to be filled out for India. They're not terribly clear but I'm now indifferent..... if I've filled them out wrong they'll soon let me know. I still don't have my passport back..... with the forms were photocopies of my passport and Visa. They must have a logistical nightmare organising this.

Cathy : Am loving the food and the attention they are paying.... have had lamb 2 nights running...... chops last night and rack tonight. They are accommodating my whimsical choices.... I'll ask for a large starter portion of something for a main course or a half portion of a main course as a starter. I nearly cried at lunch when they offered me yesterday's caramel pudding as a dessert but then they delivered a rather yummy chocolate confection..... last night I was given some moist chocolate cake from Lattetudes as my late night snack..... it was very good indeed.... unlike the cookies the previous night which were not..... they had the taste of peanut butter but none of the crunch....

Had breakfast this morning in the MDR..... thought I would test the water and asked for the smoked salmon plate with a GF Bagel..... I got a toasted slider bun..... I have pre-ordered French Toast for tomorrow....

WaveSplasher : thanks for the video which I will try and get a look at later.... the net is struggling with my uploads right now.... still working on getting Port Klang uploaded.... sigh

I've taken a picture of the most useful item I've ever purchased to take with me cruising. I wonder if you can guess what it is?

Since I sail a lot in interior cabins, and have sailed on Rhapsody before, my guess would be a power strip/bar. Whatever you call those things that have multiple electrical outlets that you plug into the one outlet you have in your cabin.

Since I sail a lot in interior cabins, and have sailed on Rhapsody before, my guess would be a power strip/bar. Whatever you call those things that have multiple electrical outlets that you plug into the one outlet you have in your cabin.

I have one of those!!! And very useful it is too..... but that's not it.

Thanks for playing along :)

Linda - Enjoying EVERY post and the compass attachments . Thanks. We sail the Enchantment and I see the ship is almost identical - even some of the exact same furniture. No learning curve!

Just a quick question - You mentioned coffee at Latitudes. Do you know if there is a (working) specialty coffee machine in the DL or CL?

Thanks,

Marci

Marci, the CL coffee machine is clean and working well!

Raina

My guess is one of those portable scanners:D

My guess is one of those portable scanners:D

Nope

The most useful thing?

Laundry pegs?

Highlighter pen?

Insulated cup?

Roll of Duct tape?

Corinne

Nuh uh

Keep on guessing!!!

Just played Progressive Trivia and staying on for a picture one.....

Sitting with a gent from the US who will not be able disembark in India as he has no visa.... I didn't think you would be boarded without one.....

Still uploading Port Klang

Brit Graham Seymour is our CD. He was the CD on the first RCL cruise I took on Indy.... we've just had the C&A 'Event'.

Going to start inundating this thread with Port Klang / Kuala Lumpur pics.... they're still uploading .....

DSCN2946.jpg

I tried to capture living conditions from the van....

DSCN2947.jpg

DSCN2948.jpg

DSCN2949.jpg

Our driver was rather prone to talk wth both hands off the wheel

DSCN2950.jpg

Heading towards the city...... the drive took about 40 minutes in light traffic as it was a holiday.

DSCN2951.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

DSCN2986.jpg

Small world..... Valerie and Ian are already on their way down..... they left long before us.....

DSCN2987.jpg

From the top

DSCN2989.jpg

Heading in

DSCN2990.jpg

DSCN2991.jpg

More stairs inside

DSCN2992.jpg

Am being turfed out of the theatre...... more later.

These anti-histamines i've been given are definitely drowse inducing. Have had a nap in my room. Knock on the door. Plate of cheese and crackers being delivered..... from the company the steward says......

DSCN2993.jpg

DSCN2994.jpg

DSCN2995.jpg

DSCN2996.jpg

DSCN2998.jpg

DSCN2999.jpg

Thanks cariad1000

The smell of incense pervades the caves..... really beautiful.....

DSCN3006.jpg

On our way back down Camilla takes these two pictures..... initially we were unaware of what was being carried until we heard crying.....

Camilla2.jpg

Camilla1.jpg

DSCN3011.jpg

Foot washing

DSCN3012.jpg

DSCN3013.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece