Info on Koningsdam Caribbean Itineraries from Future Cruise Consultant

Roz

Just returned from a 4-day Pacific Coastal/Repo cruise on the Westerdam. If this information has already been posted in my absence, please don't give me a cyber-flogging :D.

When I bought my future cruise certificate, I asked the consultant when the Koningsdam's Caribbean itineraries would be released. She said HAL would first release the 2016 Canada/New England itineraries, then the Caribbean itineraries for the Koningsdam, so it will be another 2-3 months. This is different than what has been posted here, which was end of April/begiining of May. If HAL releases Koningsdam's schedule earlier, that would be great, but according to the consultant, that's a little ways off.

Waiting....

Roz

P.S. This was news to me - you can now do self-service future cruise certificates if you're not wanting to book a specific cruise. You fill out a form and put it in the consultant's mailbox. The certificate is delivered later to your stateroom. No standing in line.

Edited by Roz

Thanks for the info on the Koningsdam.

I've seen it reported about filling in the sheet for the cruise credit but it hasn't been in the ships I've sailed on. I hope it will be fleet wide. It seems that I'm always behind someone that doesn't know what ship or cruise they want to take so they take up all the limited time of the onboard consultant.

Edited by cruz chic

Her itineraries have been released for a month.

They were supposed to open n April (per the HAL release), but have yet to do so.

But her schedule though March 2017 is online now.

For the first time ever when we got home from our February/March cruises, we got an e-mail from HAL that if we book by May 20, we will get shipboard credit.

Looks like we want be making any bookings by that deadline.

That's great! Same happened here after our cruise so I hope it is a standard practice and everyone will get them.

I've seen it reported about filling in the sheet for the cruise credit but it hasn't been in the ships I've sailed on. I hope it will be fleet wide. It seems that I'm always behind someone that doesn't know what ship or cruise they want to take so they take up all the limited time of the onboard consultant.

Not new. We did this 3 or 4 years ago. I guess it depends on the consultant if they want to leave the sign-up sheets out or not.

We did it on the Veendam this past March. This is what we usually do on other cruise lines so didn't know this was something new for HAL. Added: Just saw taxmantoo's post that it is not new?

Edited by qsuzi

It definitely is up to whoever is the Future Cruise Consultant. On the Maasdam in late March the FCC would not give out the form until she had them delivered to the mailboxes. I asked early in the cruise and was told to wait until that form arrived.

We did it on the Veendam this past March. This is what we usually do on other cruise lines so didn't know this was something new for HAL. Added: Just saw taxmantoo's post that it is not new?

I don't think it's new - we did an FCD via drop-off on the Eurodam in 2009.

I do like the system that Princess uses. They have forms available along with a locked drop box, so if you don't have a need to see the consultant, you can complete the form and leave it in the drop box even if the consultant's office isn't open.

Her itineraries have been released for a month.

They were supposed to open n April (per the HAL release), but have yet to do so.

But her schedule though March 2017 is online now.

I guess I'm misunderstanding your post. I don't see any caribbean cruises posted to the hal website at all.

Thank you but I see no prices on this link or no way to book it. It doesn't show up under the "plan a cruise". That said, sometimes the canadian site is different that the USA one.

That's what I was trying to convey - the itineraries can't be booked for 2 or 3 months, and there's no pricing available.

Roz

For the first time ever when we got home from our February/March cruises, we got an e-mail from HAL that if we book by May 20, we will get shipboard credit.

Looks like we want be making any bookings by that deadline.

I know they were doing that a while ago but i haven't seen it mentioned recently.

Roy