I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

I wish Princess would price the "plus taxes and port fees" into the price, just like the airlines do. Actually, I wish Princess marketing in general would just adopt a 100% no-nonsense approach.

They actually tried that approach but it didn't last long. Either people were complaining or booking dropped due to the fact that when comparing similar itineraries on other lines, at a glance Princess appeared to be higher in price, since the other lines didn't include taxes and charges. There was some strange pricing like $673.87 for example. You didn't see round numbers once they added in port charges and taxes. You had take an extra step to look at the breakdown to see the actual price of the cruise if you were comparing two cruise lines. The last time I booked a flight I din't see the extra charges until I checked out.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Absolutely. In fact if Princess goes to Bermuda at all it's news to me.

Jim

Once upon a time they did during a reposition cruise to New York and on the 9day Caribbean itinerary from New York. I did the Repo cruise twice. Now I'm booked on Celebrity for the 3day Bermuda cruise. So count me in for another person who wishes Princess would return to NY for a Caribbean cruise. I have no interest in Canada/New England in the fall.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Don't mean to be rude, but at first I thought this was a joke. Doesn't Florida have more departure ports than any other state? It has more than any single country I can think of other than the U.S.

I would guess two-thirds of the cruises in the U.S. start or end in Florida. Don't you want to leave a few scraps for the rest of us?:D

OK, sorry. Rant over.

Jim

Jim, Yes, there are many ports in Florida but Princess only uses Ft Lauderdale and that is my point.

I would like more variety in the round trip cruises from Florida as well.

agree!!!

Which other ports would you like to see on a seven or ten day cruise instead of the existing ones?

Be sure to take into consideration how long it may take to get to the other ports you would like to go to.

Which other ports would you like to see on a seven or ten day cruise instead of the existing ones?

Be sure to take into consideration how long it may take to get to the other ports you would like to go to.

Canaveral would cut about 100 miles off of our drive And Tampa is less than an hour away. Tampa is a problem because of the bridge.

Other cruise lines have no problem cruising the Caribbean from those ports.

Canaveral would cut about 100 miles off of our drive And Tampa is less than an hour away. Tampa is a problem because of the bridge.

Other cruise lines have no problem cruising the Caribbean from those ports.

What's the issue with the bridge, I'm not familiar with it but would like Tampa as well.

I'd like to see Norfolk or Baltimore but Norfolk doesn't have good airport capabilities and most of the locals who cruise do the 6 month variety.

What's the issue with the bridge, I'm not familiar with it but would like Tampa as well.

I'd like to see Norfolk or Baltimore but Norfolk doesn't have good airport capabilities and most of the locals who cruise do the 6 month variety.

The bridge is too low for the larger ships to pass

Provide tea and coffee making facilities in the cabin.

Provide cruises out of the UK, especially to the Canaries during the winter months. It would be nice not to have to travel to the Caribbean for some sunshine.

I agree. Cruises to the Canaries during the winter months would be great, especially as air fares are rising.

This one's going to be more of a stretch: I wish Princess would offer similar to a Hop On/Hop Off itinerary. Such as: Houston, to New Orleans, to Key West, to Ft. Lauderdale, to the Eastern Caribbean. Or Boston, to NY, to Charleston, to the Bahamas. There are a few itineraries that are sort of like this. This gives you lots of options to B2B. And the ports are legit tourist spots in and of themselves.

Norfolk, Va

Jim, Yes, there are many ports in Florida but Princess only uses Ft Lauderdale and that is my point.

Well, now that you mention it, that makes a ton of sense and I just forgot to think -- seems to be happening more and more as I grow more geezerish. Please forgive me.

Jim