Sail Away Gang - in living Colour - a photo review

1of4

Did you think I had forgotten? Nope. Just doing employee and mum stuff, oh yeah, and almost getting crushed by a huge truck that refused to yield on my way home. I needed to settle down after that experience.

So now back to regularly scheduled programming....

We are on April 16 and going through the Panama Canal. Magnificent!

ry%3D400

I loved to look around as much as I enjoyed the actual canal:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I found it a bit intimidating...being so close to the big doors holding back all that water....

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We had now reached the first milestone so it was time to located all 4of4 and eat some breakfast. We had no idea we were about to get a real show!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

No sooner did we find all members of our family did someone offer to take our picture with my camera. Nice. I returned the favour,

ry%3D400

While eating breakfast a fire tug decided to give us a demonstration of what it could do. That water was flying everywhere in all directions. I took these through the Lido window but wanted to include them anyway.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The lake had some beautiful scenery (remember I am a nature nut that is forced to work in the city):

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It is a busy place!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Okay last set for tonight or else I will turn into a pumpkin. I know it is not midnight, but cut me some slack as I get up at 4:00 so I turn into a pumpkin early....

Still enjoying the scenery

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Some dredging operations

ry%3D400

It was interesting enough to skip out on Club Hal for a few hours! That says A LOT!!

ry%3D400

The clouds were starting to gather. We had one huge downpour that lasted less than 20 minutes...but the skies opened just as "swim the canal" was about to start. DD and DS participated and have the certificates to prove it!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have really enjoyed your photos of your recent cruise on the m.s. Noordam. HMC and the PC have brought back many memories. I hope you DS and DD realize how fortunate they were to see the PC.

I have really enjoyed your photos of your recent cruise on the m.s. Noordam. HMC and the PC have brought back many memories. I hope you DS and DD realize how fortunate they were to see the PC.

Thank you. We were on the Westerdam and my children absolutely appreciated seeing the Panama Canal. DD is doing a presentation to her class while our visit to the school in Guatemala has been the focus for Me to We. This trip was a tremendous learning experience.

Sorry folks...I am a bit under the weather today (Saturday). I have a medical condition that shows up from time to time and it showed up in spades today. My head is spinning.

But the show must go on so I am just getting back into Shutterfly and Photoshop so sit tight...more photos coming!

Did I let it slip that I see magic in nature? I love old buildings but I love it when nature sings to me. Okay now you think I am a kook. Not really, but some pictures just really beg me to be taken.

This was the case with this picture, taken in the cut:

ry%3D400

The rain clouds were gathering and the swim the canal was about to begin

ry%3D400

Just after lunch we passed under this bridge

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was much easier to get access to the balconies when we got to the second set of locks as most people were off doing something else.

ry%3D400

Sorry folks...I am a bit under the weather today (Saturday). I have a medical condition that shows up from time to time and it showed up in spades today. My head is spinning.

But the show must go on so I am just getting back into Shutterfly and Photoshop so sit tight...more photos coming!

Don't overdo things Gail. Absolutely loving re-living this cruise and your pictures are fabulous. Say "Hi" to the other 3 of 4 from both of us. Missing you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

There were some birds that seemed to stay with the ship. This heron was one of them

ry%3D400

This guy kept hanging around too.....

ry%3D400

Just kidding!

It was late afternoon when we arrived here:

ry%3D400

Don't overdo things Gail. Absolutely loving re-living this cruise and your pictures are fabulous. Say "Hi" to the other 3 of 4 from both of us. Missing you all.

Oh Mumsysailor! You and your dh are mentioned daily in our home. We miss everyone so much now we are back to our solitary routine. DS has hugs to give!

Oh Mumsysailor! You and your dh are mentioned daily in our home. We miss everyone so much now we are back to our solitary routine. DS has hugs to give!

I remember those hugs. Look forward to more some day. [emoji2]

I had just had my shower when we reached Panama. Since we were on the starboard side I sent (okay asked nicely) if dh would take the camera and go up to the seaview pool and take some pictures of The Bridge of Americas. I had no idea he would also see Panama City! I certainly mistimed my shower! But there really was no good time....

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The humidity was still "thick"

ry%3D400

During the day the ship's photographers were off the Westerdam and taking photos. In the late afternoon they caught me....

ry%3D400

It was a beautiful sunrise as we made our way into Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica. It was Saturday April 18 and the weather was clear skies with a very hot temperature of 35 (95). For my family, that came from snow...this was very, very HOT!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This is an industrial port. We were taking a tour organized by Kazu to go zip lining (3of4) and to a butterfly garden. The bus was a bit late so we all wandered into the shade. DD and DS were fully prepared with bug scarves, sun hats and sunnies for this new adventure!

ry%3D400

When we were on our way I was taken by the flowers everywhere. Remember everything was snow covered when we left home. This was taken out the bus window:

ry%3D400

Okay...need to load more pictures into Shutterfly!

Take care of yourself and don't push it.

Your pics are always great and so enjoyable.

Missed the four of you as soon as we got off the ship.

The clouds were starting to gather. We had one huge downpour that lasted less than 20 minutes...but the skies opened just as "swim the canal" was about to start. DD and DS participated and have the certificates to prove it!

I have not heard of this before: "swim the canal". What does it involve?

I have not heard of this before: "swim the canal". What does it involve?

The cruise director set up a swim where canal water was dumped into the aft pool and then ever body jumped in to swim the canal. Since the cruise director drank some of it before he dumped it in ds insisted the brown gunk must have been Coke. The certificates were delivered to the stateroom a few hours later

The cruise director set up a swim where canal water was dumped into the aft pool and then ever body jumped in to swim the canal. Since the cruise director drank some of it before he dumped it in ds insisted the brown gunk must have been Coke. The certificates were delivered to the stateroom a few hours later

Cool. So not a jump into the canal. :)

Thanks.