is it safe to brush our teeth with bathroom water in cabin?

earl06

The cruise ships use the same process to purify their water that the companies who "make" bottled water use. (Uh, yeah, bottled water is mostly from the same water sources that tap water comes from. Even the companies that bottle water from "springs" still have to process and purify it.

The water on a ship is as safe as bottled water.

Just look at the label on this bottled water. Same process as on cruise ships. No difference.

Water%20bottle.JPG

Oh My.........To have a sick stomach and swollen ankles.....would have to wear a MuuMuu and Birkenstocks for Formal night .....But nooooo that would give the Fashion Police a sore stomach, or something

and how do we know whom and how many were sick on that ship..... sickness on ships is kept very hush hush!!

Where are you living? It's all over the news anytime a mass sickness happens on any ship.

I can understand ** some** being sick on board, we tend to eat richer food, at different times than we eat at home, drink a bit more, the change in water can affect some, a lot of reasons without saying that dreaded Noro word.

Edited by Calebo

Doctors always say; "Get your 24 glasses a day."

No they don't. I've been in the nursing profession for 50 years and I've yet to meet a doctor who said that.

In fact, the doctors who deal with your kidneys and urinary tract system say that there is no need to drink lots of water.

That entire concept is a myth and a fad, which came into being because someone misinterpreted the amount of fluid you need every day and they did not realise that amount included fluid that was already contained in your food. Since then, the bottled water companies have seized on the misconception and have used it to promote sales of bottled water.

You have a perfectly adequate method of knowing when you need to drink - it's called thirst. if you feel thirsty, have a drink. Otherwise, you don't need to take on extra fluid.

Edited by celle

I agree that it the OPs problem was unlikely to be caused by the water, more by the lemonade. I'm not sure what goes into the lemonade served on cruise ships but I suspect it's more than just lemon juice, sugar and water, and the OP may have had a reaction to something else that was in there.

On my last cruise I was tempted to have a mug of hot chocolate one day ... until I read the list of ingredients on the packet. :eek: Wish I'd taken a photo of it. There were all sorts or weird chemicals in there. :eek:

unless the non drinking of the lemonade is purely coincidental.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Those lemonade mixes aren't exactly made with real lemons and sugar... Depending on which artificial sweetener was used, it's conceivable that some people are very sensitive to them and it can make them feel sick to the stomach.

I agree, though, that OP's statement "who knows how filtered it really is" is pretty absurd. Cruise ship water is probably the safest water on the planet.

and how do we know whom and how many were sick on that ship..... sickness on ships is kept very hush hush!!

Yo, Earl - don't bother trying to convince the unbelievers. WE know what is really going on here. You'll be safe drinking the water as long as you wear your tin helmet and decoder ring to protect you. The mother ship will be here soon to rescue us and then we'll see who has the last laugh!

They may have a point re the water....

Last year on the Eclipse I felt decidedly unwell the following morning after drinking the water the night before. I'd had water with each of my 5 red wines and water with each of the 6 large Scotches I had - so by a process of elimination it has to be the water.

I'd be very surprised that anything loaded with sugar (Lemonade syrup) would get a bacteria in it that would make you ill as sugar is a preservative

Moral of the story....Drink your Scotch neat.:D

This is like reasoning with my 82yr old mother. I find it best to walk away or pick another battle.

I found on my last cruise I didnt feel too great early morning.

Following some of the 'reasoning' in this thread , would I be correct in thinking that my cabin or bed caused this. Felt great before I got in the bed.

SWMBO said it was the Martini Bar, Molecular Bar and MDR that made me feel a bit grotty -:confused:

This is like reasoning with my 82yr old mother. I find it best to walk away or pick another battle.

Nah - you're wrong.

It's more like trying to reason with my 85 year old father.

(Figured I'd change the subject - now we can argue over who is more stubborn - men or women....LOL

Some time ago I went on a cruise and drank a vast amount of alcohol. I felt great. Next morning I drank some water and threw up.

I will never drink water again.

I'm not sure how you could totally isolate your illness to just one item from all the food and drink you had on the ship.

That being said, if it really was the lemonade, it could be from the yellow food coloring in it of the huge amounts of sugar.

Brush your teeth!

Moral of the story....Drink your Scotch neat.:D

That's the only way it should ever be drunk anyway! Maybe a touch of spring water with cask strength, but people murdering the flavour and aroma with ice cubes on board should be made to walk the plank! :D

Edited by Mynki

I find if I drink a lot of water that it prevents water retention. I did this on my last two cruises and did not swell up. ......And now we have come full circle.

Yes but did you drink bottled water or the ship's water? Seriously, how much water per day did you have to drink? I try and drink as much ad possible, but guessing it's not enough as I still have the problem.

Yes but did you drink bottled water or the ship's water? Seriously, how much water per day did you have to drink? I try and drink as much ad possible, but guessing it's not enough as I still have the problem.

On Princess I drank tap water and Celebrity I drank bottled water only because I purchased the drink package. I don't have a fear of water that comes from a faucet. I drank water with every meal and I drank while I was laying on deck. I think the key is to drink water while you are out in the sun. Also I don't add salt to any of the food. I don't add it at home either. With the drink package I took a bottle of water with me in port. This helped financially as well because I wasn't as hungry and I didn't drink as many beers or cocktails as I normally would.

That's the only way it should ever be drunk anyway! Maybe a touch of spring water with cask strength, but people murdering the flavour and aroma with ice cubes on board should be made to walk the plank! :D

Totally agree:D

I want to thank a lot of people on this thread for lots of good laughs.

There are too many of you to quote any one or two but you know who you are and thank you . I needed those laughs today! :)

EDIT: In response to the original question - When I initially read " bathroom water" I did picture some water in the bathroom that it would probably NOT be a good idea to brush your teeth with. :eek:

:p

Edited by chamima

OMG!!! That is the FUNNIEST thing I have EVER read on cruise critic!! Can't stop laughing!!!

I agree - surely they had a bev package and could have used d bottled. ??

if premium then pellegrino is renowned to work wonders on varukas [emoji12]

Edited by gcgold

This thread reminds me of an incident that happened many years ago. My ex--DH and I went to Mexico where he was interviewing for medical school. While he was in the interview, I was chatting with some other prospective doctors in the waiting room. One guy actually said, and I will swear to this in a court of law, "Yeah, they told me not to drink the water out of the sink, so I drank it from the shower." Right-o!!!

Edited by CathyCruises